Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Reverse lights not working

Neither of my reverse lights are working. Bulbs are good, fuses are fine. Seems like the switch has gone bad. Anyone else run into this problem yet? Car has less than 10,000 miles on it. Does anyone have a link to a replacement? Is the switch accessible by removing the battery and the battery tray? Worth taking it to the dealer or should I just tackle this myself. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Does anybody know where to find the reverse switch? The reverse lights no longer come on and when I put the car in Reverse and my front wipers are on, the rear wiper is supposed to come on automatically. It does not come on anymore in Reverse.

Does anybody have the torque rating of the reverse switch as well?

Thanks.

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Transmission, Lower, LH Front.

Reversing Lamp Switch.jpg

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The info I posted is from the manual.
The only other image shows a connecter but it is not labeled.
Shift Controls.jpg

Thanks, I'm not sure I understand the first photo, as it looks like it's pointing at the clutch. But it looks like I'll have to do some digging under the hood

haste

1000 Post Club
Biggest socket or wrench I have at home is a 19mm. I imagine a 22mm socket would fit. I just used an adjustable wrench to remove it. Hope the pics help...

P1040491.JPG

P1040490.JPG

just wanted to thank everybody for the photos. the install went smoothly but some tips for install:
  • airbox has to be removed, and removing the evap tube would've made life easier
  • clean the area before you remove the switch. I wish i did, now i'm worried about all that gunk that fell in
  • i was able to get an adjustable wrench on it, but just barely. its only needed to break it loose. can be turned the rest of the way by hand
  • it didn't have a socket that fit and it would've been nice to torque it to spec. i just turned until i could turn it no more
  • Motorcraft p/n: SW7033