Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Review: Grayfist's ST 200 hose solution

Spork1569

Hi All,
I was interested in @GrayFiST's intake hose solution since I saw his thread introducing them. When I got my ST200 inbox I PM'ed him regarding them as I hadn't seen any updates but luckily he was able to whip up a pair in a couple of weeks. Overall I am loving the product in both function and looks so far.

Install is pretty easy, probably a 2/5 as you do have to remove the bumper to make it easy enough to access the bolts and move the location of your washer fluid reservoir. The fit is a bit tight for the 3d printed bracket but nothing a little bit of drilling wouldn't be able to solve according to @TyphoonFiST who also has this set installed(i was able to brute force mine on. It's definitely a tight fit as the creator was telling me when he sent them. 20190720_130902.jpg

Once you get the lights in position the Led rings are plug n play into the original harness and they are pretty bright. Bright enough to be seen in broad daylight as in my picture can't imagine the output at night. 20190720_130851.jpg 20190720_130846.jpg

Induction noise seems to be a bit improved due to the added ramair effect, as was expected. Overall everything fits pretty well and I'm definitely impressed with the finish and quality of the parts

Only recommendation I would make is to crimp the wires before installation in the new light harness as mine fell apart while installing, and it was a pain to crimp them back while the lights were in. Better to do it before starting and not have to worry down the line.

Definitely hope Grayfist makes more than a few sets for the community as there is also utility as brake duct vents instead of just an ST200 hose solution, which seemed to be a popular suggestion in the original thread.

Overall very pleased with the product and would definitely recommend as a solution for the ST200 hose, definitely a better position for airflow as opposed to under the headlight.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Very nice ! Great job! It is so much easier to do with the Bumper off though isn't it! Now you can join the Club of Halo Fogs! I wish there was a way to take a good picture at night but the Halos over power the camera to show them!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I love the way these look, so you still have them for sale, or was this a one off batch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ill be making more in a few weeks if you or anyone else is interested just send me a PM and we can go over options, I have multiple designs at different price points.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Ram Air is for na cars. We have turbos. No effect.
You allow the turbo to do less work for the same manifold pressure, and thus get more efficiency. It is especially helpful if the turbo is working at its limits.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

You allow the turbo to do less work for the same manifold pressure, and thus get more efficiency. It is especially helpful if the turbo is working at its limits.

So my turbo is jamming 29 lb of air into the intake manifold. How much is that mouth helping over my Mountune intake?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
So my turbo is jamming 29 lb of air into the intake manifold. How much is that mouth helping over my Mountune intake?
Racing Beat found that on their 1st generation Bonneville RX-7, a true functional ram air system added 3 mph to the top speed of the car. That doesn't sound like much but at 180 mph, it takes alot of power to go a little faster. Kawasaki's supercharged H2 adds 5% with ramair at speed.

Racing Beat found that on their 1st generation Bonneville RX-7, a true functional ram air system added 3 mph to the top speed of the car. That doesn't sound like much but at 180 mph, it takes alot of power to go a little faster

This is true. Let’s be honest here though. On our car 99.9% of the time a ram air system doesn’t do diddly squat.

Hey everyone. I appreciate all your interest, but I sadly wont be able to make another run of these until the end of the year. Life was become crazy busy with school and being the suspension team lead for our FSAE team. I apologize for any inconvenience and I will make a post when I have time for another run.

DoomsdayMelody

Hey everyone. I appreciate all your interest, but I sadly wont be able to make another run of these until the end of the year. Life was become crazy busy with school and being the suspension team lead for our FSAE team. I apologize for any inconvenience and I will make a post when I have time for another run.
It’s cool, I won’t have money to spend for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk