Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Review- Ventus Veloce Carbon Fiber Hood

I'm going to make this relatively short and sweet. I'd give the hood an 8/10 for quality and fitment but I give Ventus Veloce a 2/10 for customer satisfaction.

I placed my order directly through the VV webstore on 10/7/21 and took delivery of my hood on 10/20/21. I paid the $352 shipping charge to have it delivered to my door and that's where my dissatisfaction begins.

I received a call from the delivery driver on 10/19/21 saying he would be in my area on 10/20/21 with my hood and wanted to schedule delivery. I told him I would be home anytime after 3PM and he said he had other deliveries to make beforehand and he would arrive sometime in the 4-5PM window. I received a call around 3PM stating he had been delayed and probably wouldn't make it until maybe 7-8PM. I received another call about 6PM saying he was delayed again and wouldn't make it until 9PM. I received another call at 9PM stating someone changed an address and asked him to help install a hood and he wouldn't be there until 10PM. I told the driver I had to get up for work at 4AM and that was the latest I could wait for him; he said he understood and would be there by 10PM. 10PM rolls around, no driver. 10:30, another call, he was stuck in traffic and would be another 45 minutes. 11:15, no driver. I call him back and he says "I'm pulling in now" so I went outside to get my hood so I could go to bed.

Truck pulls up and the driver gets out and opens the back door to show me the clusterf*ck in the back of the truck. Driver tells me he has no idea which box is mine and asks me "How big is the hood your ordered?" I told him it was a fiesta hood but I have no idea what size box they used for it. He starts pulling body panels and boxes out of the way with complete disregard for the items he is moving and even asks me to pull boxes out and set them on the ground to help him. I paid $352 for this service... About 20 minutes later we finally get to my box and we finagle it out of the truck and onto the ground. Once the box hit the ground I opened my garage to move it inside and the driver sees my R32 GTR and completely loses interest in helping me move the crate inside. He walks right into my garage and starts questioning me about the GTR while I drag the crate in between my daily and my wife's daily without his help. I paid $352 for this service..... I managed to get the crate/hood inside without damaging anything and he pulls out a pry bar and tells me we have to open it because VV wants the crate back. Keep in mind, it is past midnight at this point and I have to get up in 4 hours. I told the driver I didn't have anymore time and had to go to sleep and was told he would have to make something up to tell VV because they really want that crate back. I told him I didn't care what VV wanted because I didn't want to stay up until midnight and unload my own hood when I paid $352 for shipping. He put up a little fight but I told him his only option was to leave my garage so I could sleep before I really started to get angry.

The next day I pop the crate open and start to uninstall the OEM hood and install the VV hood. OEM hood comes off just fine but as I start to install the VV hood I notice I don't have the rain guards or hood latch(both are supposed to be included). I stop what I'm doing, take pictures of the hood and crate and send an email to VV. No response for a week so I call them. On the phone I give the rep my information and order number and he apologizes for the inconvenience and says they will have to make them and it will take 2-3 weeks, not the end of the world. Fast forward 3 weeks and I have no hood latch, no rain guards, no email and no phone call. I call them again and give them the same information. First question, "What is it you are waiting for on your order?" That's when I lost it. I told him about the latch and rain guards and reminded him of the conversation we had 3 weeks ago. "Oh, for the Fiesta?" Yea, the fiesta that the CF Fiesta hood I ordered belongs to. I was told they still don't have the latch, have no idea when the latch will be made and they will contact me when they have it. I told them how poor this experience has been and how disappointed I was in the shipping service and lack of communication and received a half ass "I'm sorry" and that was it. At this point I can not in my right mind recommend Ventus Veloce to any other members on this forum. The hood is a decent product(consistent weave and good fitment) despite the gaps around the headlights and front bumper(which I knew could be an issue since it was designed for the 3 door ST) but they don't seem interested in helping if they make a mistake and their shipping service is a joke. I also feel as if the hood is unfinished because they cut out the windshield washer holes from the top layer but not the bottom layer so I have to cut into my brand new hood to mount my windshield washers. I was told this is standard but it just begs the question, why cut out the top if you aren't going to cut out the bottom? Or, why wouldn't you cut out the bottom if you are already cutting out the top? With the top already cut it's not like I have the option to run without windshield washers.

I guess this means my overall review is 5/10, 8/10 for hood quality/fit and 2/10 for service/satisfaction.

I am not big on posting negative reviews, companies make mistakes all the time and they can't be expected to be perfect. The way this particular mistake has been handled has pushed me to the point where I can't help myself and feel like I'm doing to community a disservice by not sharing.

Last edited:

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Carbon Fiber hoods are a disaster for the Fiesta, always have been
Seibon is 4-10 months out for hoods and rear spoilers "built to order"

whoosh met with the owner of VV years ago but decided against carrying the brand because it's made overseas which is why shipping is crazy
Their parts were also designed based on the Euro Fiesta which means the hood is not the same exact dims as the US hood. There will be a gap by the headlights much greater than OEM or with a Seibon hood
I do prefer the look of the VV hood vents over all others though, so that's something positive haha

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
That sucks dude, the delivery guy sounds like a real douche bag. the hood looks really good, it blows that it does not fit right. I agree with Ron the vents look great, better than the Seibon.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
What a disaster! I would just send it back and get a refund although it sounds like from this level of customer service that you would never get your refund. I'm fine with the stock hood.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Delivered to door does not include bringing it inside. That's how freight companies work.
correct
most companies charge more for bringing the item to your door, and then even more for inside your door
basic freight for an item like this is drop in the street or by the curb unfortunetely

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
correct
most companies charge more for bringing the item to your door, and then even more for inside your door
basic freight for an item like this is drop in the street or by the curb unfortunetely
I think you're missing the point of how poor this customer service has been! A midnight delivery, missing parts that are still missing! Bigger picture here guys. That's poor customer service.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I think you're missing the point of how poor this customer service has been! A midnight delivery, missing parts that are still missing! Bigger picture here guys. That's poor customer service.

I haven't missed anything
Again why you won't see their parts on the whoosh site lol

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The midnight delivery, the delivery only to door are not on whoever sold you the item. That's what happens with freight delivery. In fact, the driver had to make an extra effort to deliver it that night because the normal routine is to deliver the next day if they don't get to you. Freight companies don't work like UPS and FedEx or even the postal service.

The missing items and the slow delivery of them is on them, but surely you have heard of the problems and delays of freight coming through the ports?

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
The midnight delivery, the delivery only to door are not on whoever sold you the item. That's what happens with freight delivery. In fact, the driver had to make an extra effort to deliver it that night because the normal routine is to deliver the next day if they don't get to you. Freight companies don't work like UPS and FedEx or even the postal service.

The missing items and the slow delivery of them is on them, but surely you have heard of the problems and delays of freight coming through the ports?
It was not a freight delivery company. The delivery guy told me they had issues with freight companies damaging goods so they hired their own driver. The delivery came from New Jersey and the person I spoke to on the phone at Ventus Veloce had a New Jersey phone number.

I have freight deliveries all the time, this was not those experiences. Sure stuff gets delayed, why was it shipped without them? Why didn’t they call me after exceeding the timeframe they gave me for those parts to arrive? Why didn’t they respond to my emails? Why didn't the same guy I spoke to the first time have any record of what it was I was waiting on?

You may also have missed that he was trying to force me to open it so he could take the crate and how he asked me to help him unload his van but failed to help me carry it to the garage so that he could take the crate back.

You’re focusing on the wrong parts of my story but you are entitled to your opinions. I’m not worried what anybody thinks of the post, I was providing my honest feedback of my experience with VV.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF I ever wanted one myself, I wonder if they would allow me to pick it up in person, or not? [dunno]

The phone exchange is Newark, but the shipping returns go to Hammonton. Either one is less than a two hour drive for me.

OP
T
Thread Starter #16
Received my hood latch and rain guards last night. Spent some time getting the latch fitted and only 3 of 4 bolts will thread in without opening up some holes on the latch base plate. Rain guards require drilling and installing rivnuts into the hood skeleton so those will have to wait until it's warmer.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Received my hood latch and rain guards last night. Spent some time getting the latch fitted and only 3 of 4 bolts will thread in without opening up some holes on the latch base plate. Rain guards require drilling and installing rivnuts into the hood skeleton so those will have to wait until it's warmer.
Post some pics, please