Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Road Trip Ready Maintenance

I'm going on a 3,000 mile road trip in May. I'm trying to think of all the things that should be done before I go. The Fiesta is at 87,000 miles. I haven't done the coolant or transmission fluid yet and plan to. Brake fluid was done a couple years ago. Spark plugs are planned. The passenger side engine mount has been squeaking in the cold for the last couple of years and I've been too lazy to do it, so it's time. Of course I change the oil regularly at 5k miles and will do that before I head out. I'll have to check on the last time I did the air filter but I think it's pretty recent.

Is there anything else I should check or replace before heading out?

How much coolant do I need to replace the coolant that comes out from a drain? Not doing a flush, just draining what will come out from the bottom of the radiator. I know it doesn't all drain. Just trying to see much is need to buy without a lot extra but still want to make sure I have enough.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
A BT .... 4 port Aux fuel....and Tune. You'll be all set!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I'd include a check on your brakes and tires. Especially if it's a different terrain where you'll be going.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not sure how much Radiator fluid will come out. Try to find a way to measure it.
Make sure your spare tire is ready to go just in case. If you haven't changed your cabin filter lately, now would be a good time. It's a PITA, but they get dirty pretty fast.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
I'll definitely check the brakes. They have a bit over 40k miles and first time I replaced them was at 46k. So they may be due. Although I was a bit rougher on my brakes in the first couple of years of ownership than I am now. Going from Texas, through New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado, so brakes are a needed thing. Only about 8k miles on my tires, and my last set of the same tire lasted me 32k. But I will rotate and check for screws or abnormal damage.

I just checked my service history and it's been awhile for the engine and cabin air filter so I'll grab those.