Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe's Blue by You Build

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #201
I can imagine that the LSD is a must!!!:)
AS it was now on E30 it would spin the track tires at will on the autoX track just wicked torque hit for the size tires and weight. fun but I think it may have made me slow as I was having too much fun going wow this is cool. instaed of working the gas like there was a egg tween my foot and the pedal... Now I am hoping (from all the dyno info I have seen from the UK) the power hits over 270ish tq nearer 3000 and holds till past 6000 which is what I want on the big track as we will be using our next new car for AutoX again if she lets me drive it .. lol

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #203
Ok time for a Pre Spring Update. Waiting for the snow/ice and cold to leave before I do the Turbo upgrade but I have been busy getting things sorted out and making sure I can get the power to the wheels.
From My Buddy CHALON at PCA-1 a Stage 3+ Spec Clutch kit and Flywheel will be going in when I get going this spring DIY thread to follow.

IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THE NEW THROW OUT BEARING IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE KIT FROM SPEC. Turns out the pics are generic pics they use on their website.

Not unusual as I have had this happen before What you get is the Pressure Plate and Clutch Disk (hidden under the Pressure Plate and wrapped in plastic) with Alignment Tool. The Throwout bearing I sourced from Tasca parts as well as the new Flywheel to Crank Bolts and pressure plate bolts which Spec includes in the flywheel but I wanted to be sure I had the correct parts again from Tascaparts. The Flywheel is Aluminum with a steel clutch face surface and ring gear for starting. It does indeed weight only 10 lbs so it should let the car rev quicker and We are thinking of maybe tuning for it so we don't get such a large rev drop between normal shifts as FFS won't have any issues.. That will be addressed during tuning and beyond once it is all together next month We hope.

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #206
OK so I braved the cold temps in the garage to install my DeadHook shifter extension and decided I wanted to go OLD SCHOOL and pay tribute to the muscle cars of my past.. With a Hurst Tee handle shifter and the Dead Hook Motorsports Shifter extension.
Here are a few pics of the parts and the installed verson.. Tee handle is a one size fits most type so it mated with the extention very well and allowed adjustments for tightening and amount of turn so it fits my hand perfect.
Dead Hook did a wonderful Job on this part and attention to detail shows as well as fit and finish are top shelf. Instuctions are great and very easy to follow. though mine being the straight extension I did not have to adjust the angle but it was very easy to understand if need be.. Great job Russ at Dead Hook...
Here are a few pics as I said..

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #207
Here are the rest of the DEAD HOOK MOTORSPORTS shifter extension Pics. (please excuse the salty filth its like a billion deg F below zero so no car wash for me)

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #208
Oh and as long as Russ at Dead Hook was shipping stuff my way I decided to replace my home made SS delete with a better looking unit than the bit i had used so this will go in at some point when it warms up outside..

Attachments

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Love the build guy. Love the wheel choice even more. I noticed your location. Are you a member of cwscc or fvscc? I noticed the road america pics. Hope to maybe see you at a local event this year even though i think I'm keeping stockish for this season.

Excited to get your feedback on the lighter flywheel. Had an aftermarket fw on my LS1 camaro and it was such a great mod. One of those mods that makes you wonder how you ever drive before it

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #212
Love the build guy. Love the wheel choice even more. I noticed your location. Are you a member of cwscc or fvscc? I noticed the road america pics. Hope to maybe see you at a local event this year even though i think I'm keeping stockish for this season.
Thanks
Was in CWSCC till the Wausau home thing fell apart not so much now but am in with the Madison Club and try to hit their AutoX event when I can and the Midwest Council event for Hi speed AutoX at Blackhawk farms will see ow this year looks may run the FiST at the Hi speed event and something more stock and the Cone killing AutoX.. But yes will be around for sure..

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #213
Excited to get your feedback on the lighter flywheel. Had an aftermarket fw on my LS1 camaro and it was such a great mod. One of those mods that makes you wonder how you ever drive before it
That will be posted as soon as I know for sure and I will do a Install thread someplace around here too..

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #214
Well end of the work day all in all it went pretty good as I have only the motor sitting in the car right now so when the Boomba Parts get here I can put them in right away too. Getting the Alternator out without taking the intake off or removing the AC line could be troublesome it is a really tight fit.I could have left it in but as long as the intake was coming out anyway why not. :)
Weight the stock Dual mass flywheel, pressure plate and clutch disk. can to a heafty 34.5lbs on my bathroom scale and 24.5 for the flywheel alone. So the lightweight flywheel will take off almost 15lbs. Will see if that is a good thing or not.. lol
Tried to grab some intake valve pics but the camera would not play nice and then the battery went dead. I will try again later ..

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #215
Just a FYI if you are taking on this upgrade the Flywheel bolts are Star type and I am not sure a 6 or 12 point socket will fit as I have had mixed results in the past so I picked up a set of sockets a while ago..
So here is a pic of the bolt heads in the flywheel and the socketin the center on the floor. But my phone pic didn't catch the rounded edges of the socket very well .. But you get the idea.

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #216
[MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION]

How's the turbo upgrade coming?....very interested in seeing your results!
Turbo is going amazingly well a few things needed to be sorted like our North American car may have a few different parts than the UK cars so some of the things don't quiet line up exactly like the BOV on my BW turbo will be Vacuum now since the Facotry electric one is a smidge smaller than the adaptor the UK provided. This may through a code when the ECU see's it is not there (one work around is to leave it plugged in secured someplace out of the way. We will see since it should be able to be tuned out anyways as I am not sure how you do the BOV with the Garrett Turbos but I thought I read you needed a extra BOV since it does not have one built in like the EFR does.. Not sure but no matter
Here is a pic of it fitted.
I am still waiting to sort out the clutch and Spec says Stage 3+ requires a solid clutch disk so I had to get the Stage 3 with the Springs in the disk for better drivablity on the road Though Spec said the solid disk would be ok as it has lots of surface area I may have to look into that at some point but the Stage 3 should hold 350 plus ft lbs of Tq and I think we run out of fuel a little over 300 hp/tq from what I have seen in the Euro market. So I am waiting for my new again flywheel and clutch set up should be here Friday we are hoping ..
So that said here are a couple of pics from today with it sitting in the car all Clocked and ready for the new studs and bolts I ordered since most every head stud came out with the nut attached and when I took the nuts off the thread galled so I just ordered new studs/bolts and then thought to order some locking bolts from to fit my 8mm X 1.25 head studs and turbo to header bolts.

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #217
OK after a little rethinking I got the Stage 3 Spec clutch and got it install as I was not sure I wanted a solid clutch disk instead of the Sprung one shown here .
And it is in the transmission is back in and moving ahead with finishing the turbo upgrade now I can see where stuff will be and plan accordingly..

Attachments

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #219
So all in all another good day. Pics of my Boomba TB/Intake Spacers installed. More car parts came and got installed today along with getting the Transmission back in(thank You Chalon at PCA and Jeremy at SPEC). Leaving only the Air cleaner piping,some Vacuum lines and the DP to fit tomorrow and then heat wrap the DP and install. Then just button it up load the base tune from Russ at DHM see if it fires up and do a leak check.
Maybe a little more heat shielding if needed I have a DEI T25 Turbo blanket I am thinking of installing will see how that goes in does fit tight near the wastegate control rod.

Attachments

I just pumped oil down the feed line with a oil can before i finished installing the turbo and fired it up without throttle till up to temp. Also the car ran fine on my stage 2 map so i could drive it to the rollers to get peron efr map.