Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seibon CF Vented Hood for FiST

Which Seibon CF hood design would you choose for your FiST?

• Design #1

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Design #2

Votes: 55 78.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
***Update 1/8/2014***

Final fitment and installation has been successfully completed!

Seibon says that the new CF hood design with heat extractors will be available by end of March

Seibon CF Hood 1.jpg
Seibon 2.jpg

[HR][/HR]

Seibon currently offers a standard CF hood "without" hood vents for the Fiesta (which also fits the FiST) and now has expressed a very strong interest in making a CF hood "with" vents available for the FiST...

http://seiboncarbon.com/store/oe-style-carbon-fiber-hood-for-2014-up-ford-fiesta.html

Seibon is now currently looking for a both feedback as to what style vented hood folks may want to see as well as are seeking to find someone close by to their location in order to do fitment testing prior to release...And of course this person would probably get a very very good deal on the hood [wink]

There is also a very good possibility they will be offering a group buy for this vented CF hood once completed...

So if there's someone here on the forum interested in working directly with Seibon and located relatively close to their Headquarters here's their contact info...

Ryan
(626) 968-2010

Seibon Carbon
1215 Bixby Drive
City of Industry, California 91745

Current Fiesta CF hood available from Seibon that also fits the FiST (CF Hood = 14.2lbs / Stock Hood = 27lbs)
Seibon CF Hood.jpg
"Possible" CF Hood Options for the FiST (open to further discussion)

Hood Design #1
Fiesta ST hood vent.jpg

Hood Design #2
Fista ST Hood Vents 2.jpg

***Poll added***

I think if we initially list too many options in the poll recently posted we'll never get anything made...I just listed the two "basic" design types to start the ball rolling...we can always refine the poll after building a general consensus...

Also I think it would be a good idea for those folks with other preferences to post some images of duct or vent type they'd like to see along with placement location on the hood to help build CF hood design consensus....

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Just Saying I am IN for a group Buy... $$$ in hand....

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #4
And it wouldn't take Seibon very long to turn around a vented hood option for the FiST given that Seibon already has the hood developed and fitment verified.......

Chuckable

With whichever vent style is chosen, will it have provision to channel water away from whatever is underneath the vent? Or is this just cosmetic and weight savings?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #6
With whichever vent style is chosen, will it have provision to channel water away from whatever is underneath the vent? Or is this just cosmetic and weight savings?
Good question...I would hope Seibon does take this into consideration with the inclusion of vents / ducting into their new hood design for the FiST...I did send them a link to this thread to follow everyones feedback and recommendation requests ...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #9
Added a basic "Design #1" vs "Design #2" Poll at the start of this thread....

(see first poll for pics of the two design options)

Neither...I'd like to see one with a NACA duct in front of the intake. #2 option isn't bad though. Or a large vent in the middle sacking air out of the bay a la GT style.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #11
Neither...I'd like to see one with a NACA duct in front of the intake. #2 option isn't bad though. Or a large vent in the middle sacking air out of the bay a la GT style.
good examples...that's 3 different design directions....

I think if we initially list too many options in the poll recently posted we'll never get anything made...I just listed the two "basic" design types to start the ball rolling...we can always refine the poll after building a general consensus...

Might be a good idea for those folks with other preferences to post some images of duct or vent type they'd like to see along with placement location on the hood to help build CF hood design consensus....

Attachments

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I live close to this company so shipping is not the issue.
I just don't think I could justify the cost of a CF hood to my wife.
I am not a fan of the CH look so paint would be another expense.
I might be able to go with a set of RS vents however.

Dave

TheStig

#2 by far, #1 is a hood scoop if you will.

#2 is actual vents, plus the functionality would be great for those of us living on the surface of the sun (south western USA)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Dave you could go be the test mule for them and give the hood to Zachary when you are done.. Just let me get my name changed first .... ;) lol

But seriously did I miss the Weight of this hood somewhere ?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I would entertain the test mule idea.

Dave

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #18
Dave you could go be the test mule for them and give the hood to Zachary when you are done.. Just let me get my name changed first .... ;) lol

Good question...I'll send off an email and find out ...Seibon should know the weight of the CF OEM replacement hood they currently offer....that should be fairly close to the new vented hood design...

http://seiboncarbon.com/store/oe-style-carbon-fiber-hood-for-2014-up-ford-fiesta.html

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #19
I would entertain the test mule idea.

Dave
That would be great if you could Dave....Since Seibon already has a CF OEM style hood already developed it probably wouldn't take up much of your time for a quick test fit of the new vented style CF hood....

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #20
I just received a reply back from Seibon and they say that their current CF OE hood style available for the FiST weights 14.2 lbs....

I then called Ford Parts and found out that the stock OE hood for the FiST weighs 27lbs...

Fairly decent weight reduction...

Status
Not open for further replies.