Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seibon's New CF Hood Design (with Heat Extractors)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The heat shield was suggested by Seibon because turbo engines do produce more heat.
I trust that they know their business and products.

The extractors do work.
Even when parked with a hot engine you feel the heat being expelled.

The hood does come clear coated to help protect against sunlight.
It should be waxed however.
I had a clear bra added and will use protectorate on that.

I am pleased you like the look.
I am stopped often by young and old saying they like it.
Some have commented that it is a little ricey.
That's OK, my wife likes it and she is Japanese.
After 42 years of marriage I kind of like the rice.

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
BTW,
I apologize for using ricey a racial slur.
I mean no disrespect.

Dave

meFiSTo

BTW,
I apologize for using ricey a racial slur.
I mean no disrespect.
Dave
It is unfortunate that any small car taking on certain cosmetic attributes is labeled in a derogatory way. And calling something "ricey" is not complimentary, right? Without falling too far down this rat hole, we are a species doomed by our need to create separation. It happens in these small informal things, in our support of local team sports (remember the Giants fan beaten into a coma in the Dodger stadium parking lot?), and much bigger things (which I won't elaborate here, but are obvious to anyone who scans the nightly news).

I took no offense. My wife is blonde, blue-eyed and sometimes forgetful. We from time to time make blonde jokes, which is similarly derogatory, although we try to keep it between us in the confines of our kitchen. Hah.

I don't know that I would do all the adjustments that you have done, but it's interesting to see the effects. Soon I will be paying for installation of a front tow hook, WestcoaST's oil catch can setup, and some Porsche brake cooling deflectors. I like the unobtrusive look the car has going now (although I envy RAAMaudio's big meats and crazy under tray). I also actually prefer the silver hood (I had a CF hood before on a silver car and it never felt "finished"), so if I go that direction, it's gotta get painted.

Nonetheless, I appreciate all the you work you've done with a vendor like Seibon to demonstrate what is possible and the trail-blazing to help build some aftermarket options. I don't know how much longer I'll be doing this, but it's entertaining to observe and dabble in things (in my own limited way).

So, now: Could you please instrument your setup so we can get real data on the effects of the vents. Please put the stock hood back after air flow and temperature sensors are installed, take it to the track, and data log. Then: Same for new hood and provide a complete report. Thanks! [thumb]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It looks nice, but wouldn't the vents perform better if they were located closer to the windshield end of the hood?
That might be a good question for the Ford engineers.
They are placed very similar to the '15 Mustang.

Dave