Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seibon's New CF Hood Design (with Heat Extractors)

Hey guys been meaning to post some more pics but I guess I cant from my phone or iPad? I'm kinda new to this whole fourm thing.. We just had a few days of rain and I know a few wanted to know about water getting into the engine area from the vents.. I'm sure a little might have but not enough to do anything and probably not anymore than with a stock hood.. I had cleaned my engine area right before the rain and everything looked just as clean after..

And now i'm wondering what it would cost to get it painted to match the vehicle. Would love the vents (provided functional) and added weight reduction of this thing.

not sure.. I know to wrap the hood they wanted around $300 so I'm thinking paint might be around the same.. I'll probably paint it down the road if the carbon starts to fade.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #67
Anyone ever buy this?
Hasn't been released yet...

Seibon needed to do some further adjustments to the underside of the hood so release has been moved out a few more weeks...

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
hmmmm The non vented looks good. The vents on this one don't look all that functional

I'm waiting on the vented one, mostly just so I don't have to do hood pins. Even though I like the look of hood pins. :D

meFiSTo

I'm waiting on the vented one, mostly just so I don't have to do hood pins. Even though I like the look of hood pins. :D
Doesn't the OEM CF hood have the stock latch? It should work the same as the vented hood, but no vents.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that the OE style didn't have a hood latch and required pins, but I can't find a single mention of that now. Thanks for pointing that out! I guess It doesn't make much sense for one to have it and the other not, haha.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #74
The final test fit of the vented hood was completed on Tuesday.
Pre orders are now being accepted.

Dave
Looks great Dave and thanks for the update....

I think it would be helpful if members knew who is taking the preorders?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Good point.

Seibon Contact info:

Ryan

(626) 968-2010

Seibon Carbon
1215 Bixby Drive
City of Industry, California 91745

Or they can be ordered through Seibon's authorized dealers.

BTW, the heat shield shown, is sold separately.
It can be ordered with the hood but comes in bulk form.
It must be cut and installed by the end user or service provider.

Dave

Good point.

Seibon Contact info:

Ryan

(626) 968-2010

Seibon Carbon
1215 Bixby Drive
City of Industry, California 91745

Or they can be ordered through Seibon's authorized dealers.

BTW, the heat shield shown, is sold separately.
It can be ordered with the hood but comes in bulk form.
It must be cut and installed by the end user or service provider.

Dave
Any chance Seibon or a vendor is considering a group buy?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Any chance Seibon or a vendor is considering a group buy?
I spoke with Ryan about that very subject yesterday.
I was told that if it did happen, it would be facilitated by their dealers.

I would suggest contacting ModBargains as they are a forum sponsor and a Seibon dealer.

Dave

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Hey Dave, did they ever fix the gap issue by the headlight? I remember the first guy that had the hood test fitted said there was a gap near one of the headlights.

meFiSTo

Really appreciate you posting about this and all things Seibon (also, I see you've updated your signature pics...nice!). One question I have is about implementing a heat shield. Do you think that helps take heat out of the engine bay? Or is it there only to protect the CF hood? I had a CF hood on my other car and it never seemed to discolor due to engine exposure as far as I could tell. I think sun exposure would be more of an issue (although my old car only came out for prolonged time in the sun on track day, hah).