Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seibon's New CF Hood Design (with Heat Extractors)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I even tried to fill out their Test Fit Form but there is no link to it.

Oh well :(

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I thought I could make this work at the new price.
As I just took a 1/3 cut in pay.
Happy New Year.

Dave

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #44
Seibon's New CF Hood with Heat Extractors - Fitment and Installation (pics)

Final fitment and installation has been successfully completed!

Seibon says that the new CF hood design with heat extractors will be available in approx. 8~10 weeks....

Once the new hood design is available Seibon will be offering a group buy for our forum members!!

[HR][/HR]
Installed:

Seibon CF Hood 1.jpg

Seibon CF Hood 2.jpg

Underside:
Seibon hood underside.jpg

Hood Top:
Seibon 1.jpg
Seibon 2.jpg
Seibon 5.jpg

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Update:

Just received a message from Ryan at Seibon telling me that the new CF hood installation went very well today...

He'll also will be sending some better pics from Seibon's photograher later on to post....
Tom, is there an official weight on these hoods posted somewhere?

meFiSTo

Interested to:
1. See some more photos of installation or attachment or whatever (although this looks pretty great as is)
2. See what the group buy pricing looks like

Any comments from Ryan on the securement of the stock latch setup? Looks relatively stout. Would be SO nice to avoid hood pins (won't be racing, but will be doing lapping events). if this happens, I'll have it installed by the race shop that does all the work on my "cars" (Focustein before and now Frankenfiesta). On the fence about painting it. Had an unpainted one on my old silver car. It looked kinda cool, but a bit TFATF at the same time. Painting is definitely more stealthy (even with the vents).

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #51
Interested to:
1. See some more photos of installation or attachment or whatever (although this looks pretty great as is)
2. See what the group buy pricing looks like

Any comments from Ryan on the securement of the stock latch setup? Looks relatively stout. Would be SO nice to avoid hood pins (won't be racing, but will be doing lapping events). if this happens, I'll have it installed by the race shop that does all the work on my "cars" (Focustein before and now Frankenfiesta). On the fence about painting it. Had an unpainted one on my old silver car. It looked kinda cool, but a bit TFATF at the same time. Painting is definitely more stealthy (even with the vents).
Hope to have more pics to post soon taken by Seibon's photographer...

I just asked Ryan that very question as to how secure the hood was after fitment and he had said that during fitment they verified that the hood latched firmly and secure with no movement or vibration and noted that most of their customers do not use hood pins ...I'm hoping we also hear back from the person that had this installed as he drove up from San Diego to have this done which is roughly a 2 hr drive..So he should be able to tell us how it was on the drive home....

That is looking mighty sharp, although I would have to agree with painting it, especially on the tux black.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #54
FYI...

Now that final fitment and installation has been successfully completed Seibon says that the new CF hood design with heat extractors will be available in approx. 8~10 weeks (end of march)....

Hey everyone.. Just want to pop in and let you all know my reviews on the hood so far. As far as fitment it's fits just as good as the stock hood there is one area by the headlights that has a slight gap but that's it. On my 2 hour drive (it was windy as shit btw) I couldn't honestly tell any difference.. Other than the Audi a4 that tried raceing me haha.. Haven't had a chance to see if engine temps are any lower now. When I got home I popped the hood to check it out more because I did get a chance at seibon because I wanted to try and beat traffic �� The hood unlatches and latches just as smooth as the stock..but without the weight. Overall I'm 110% happy with it and with everyone a seibon. Thanks again guys..

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #57
Hey everyone.. Just want to pop in and let you all know my reviews on the hood so far. As far as fitment it's fits just as good as the stock hood there is one area by the headlights that has a slight gap but that's it. On my 2 hour drive (it was windy as shit btw) I couldn't honestly tell any difference.. Other than the Audi a4 that tried raceing me haha.. Haven't had a chance to see if engine temps are any lower now. When I got home I popped the hood to check it out more because I did get a chance at seibon because I wanted to try and beat traffic �� The hood unlatches and latches just as smooth as the stock..but without the weight. Overall I'm 110% happy with it and with everyone a seibon. Thanks again guys..
Thanks for the quick review and glad to hear your pleased with your new hood!

When you get the chance could you post some pics from various angles and also a few with the hood raised?

And thanks again!

Chuckable

Can you please post pics of where the vents sit in relation to the components below? I'm wondering what happens when it rains. Thanks!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #60
Can you please post pics of where the vents sit in relation to the components below? I'm wondering what happens when it rains. Thanks!
These are the only pics we have so far that show where the hood vents are positioned on the hood...From these pics you can visually estimate where the vent openings are positioned relative to parts within the engine bay.... Seibon and /or the person that purchased this hood should have more pics to post soon...

Seibon CF Hood 1.jpg

Seibon CF Hood 2.jpg

Seibon 2.jpg

Seibon hood underside.jpg