Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shallow subwoofer box under false floor?

would a 5.5 inch depth shallow subwoofer box fit in the spare wheel area under the false floor? would it sound ok? im thinking a box with 10” sub and 500w amp, OR two underseat style 150 watt 8” subs mounted to the underside of the false floor, just not really sure if a 5.5” box or even a 5” box will fit and sound good. dimensions of box: 18.25" x 5.5" x 14.25"

Im going to sell the fullsize spare and get a lightweight spare, then ill run a thin board over the gap to mount amp on, and the box will theoretically fit on the right side with 2 inches overhang over the spare well

5ACF7EB7-C0F7-4934-B206-222B445B0F2C.png

Last edited:
OP
thedraque
Thread Starter #3
I think the subwoofer enclosure you posted will be too tall.

I was planning to replicate a member, Stormy's, build, see the dimensions he used in below post:

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/subwoofer-install-on-a-budget.9740/page-3#post-195986
yeah I read his thread. ive been reading and researching and measuring for two weeks..i ordered the Rockville RSTS10 box on ebay for $30. only way to know is to buy one and stick it in. if it doesnt fif ill just resell it. at least itll give me an idea. if it doesnt fit ill have to make a custom box or might just get dual Alpine SWE-8 powered subs and be done with it

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
yeah I read his thread. ive been reading and researching and measuring for two weeks..i ordered the Rockville RSTS10 box on ebay for $30. only way to know is to buy one and stick it in. if it doesnt fif ill just resell it. at least itll give me an idea. if it doesnt fit ill have to make a custom box or might just get dual Alpine SWE-8 powered subs and be done with it
Did you end up completing this install?