Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Some X-37 and C39 questions and emissions

OP
M
Thread Starter #23
The coolant leaks are due to the X37 using a China cast bearing housing ( you know... those turbos on EBay that at $279 shipped? Yea.. that. ).

I've posted pic proof of this...

That being said... I can build an X37 for the same price as a Cyborg39. We use an actual OEM borg-Warner/ford bearing housing. We use an upgraded thrust bearing ( stock is 360 degree, but we upgrade it further ).

So if some wanted a smaller, less efficient compressor wheel, they could have that as well. If you want the smaller, more restrictive inlet, you'd have to order that from pumaspeed directly or buy one of our better ones for $150.

This was posted for future readers, not the original poster :)
that's right original poster will be running your turbo set up soon and can't wait!

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
https://vimeo.com/191297438

Hmm... china?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's talking about the center bearing housing where the oil and coolant lines connect to. He posted pics of it awhile ago side by side. Pumaspeed does not use the oem center housing but a cheaply made one instead. Probably speeds up their build process

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Guys guys.. stop attacking cyborg and dhm

Adam owes pumaspeed too much money and can't sell x37's no need to defend the turbo anymore

Ish

Lmao what does that have to do with the potential of either turbo? You gotta get over Adam man, hes been long gone from the forums but yet you still manage to mention him every opportunity you get? Lol. And before you say anything, No im not defending him im just stating the obvious.
Multi-Quote This Message

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Guys guys.. stop attacking cyborg and dhm

Adam owes pumaspeed too much money and can't sell x37's no need to defend the turbo anymore
I hear you sir, but it's a double edged sword. It starts with them calling the x37 a pos blah blah. Then they continued to get spanked left and right[emoji23][emoji23]

The truth is in the outcomes of these races. And the turbo can be had to date, idk where that confusion lies. Can't say anything about Adam or they'll shut the thread down... that's where the foRS forum is much better;-)

My boy ish keeps laying all these misconceptions to rest, as fucked as it sounds I kind of miss Adam chiming in and telling it like it is. But ED

JasonHaven

I feel like people care a bit too much about X37 vs C39, and I'm just sitting here happy that we have some solid hybrid choices. So what if one or the other has a couple hp different peak, or slightly different boost curves... they generally do the same thing, and that's get a bit more top end out of the stock turbo. If its just some sort of personal beef, its best to leave that off the forums, imho.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I feel like people care a bit too much about X37 vs C39, and I'm just sitting here happy that we have some solid hybrid choices. So what if one or the other has a couple hp different peak, or slightly different boost curves... they generally do the same thing, and that's get a bit more top end out of the stock turbo. If its just some sort of personal beef, its best to leave that off the forums, imho.
Idk why people say this shit, if you don't like these threads, stay off. Also if you don't own this turbo or an aftermarket turbo, DONT say stuff like it does this or it does that. You don't know.

It's good to know what you're paying for and what you're getting for it. If I was buying a aftermarket turbo, I would want to know which fits my needs. Do I want something that spools later and costs hundreds more? No?

Do I want to hear what users are seeing as their personal results, yes. So idk why anyone says don't talk about this or that.

Read a news paper for when you're on the toilet and stop chiming in with that you want to see on this forum, Simple.

This is good info for anyone with the money in hand and not for ones who read this for fun.

JasonHaven

Idk why people say this shit, if you don't like these threads, stay off. Also if you don't own this turbo or an aftermarket turbo, DONT say stuff like it does this or it does that. You don't know.

It's good to know what you're paying for and what you're getting for it. If I was buying a aftermarket turbo, I would want to know which fits my needs. Do I want something that spools later and costs hundreds more? No?

Do I want to hear what users are seeing as their personal results, yes. So idk why anyone says don't talk about this or that.

Read a news paper for when you're on the toilet and stop chiming in with that you want to see on this forum, Simple.

This is good info for anyone with the money in hand and not for ones who read this for fun.

Agreed with the bolded.

The rest of your post, and your recent post history on the topic continues to come off as immature. I read these threads for information, not for personal beefs and passive aggressive insults. I speak up because I care about the quality of posts on the forum, since it's an educational source for me.

That all being said, I'll refrain from having an opinion on the subject going forward, so not to derail things further.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I completely agree with you Jason. More options the better. It's been said plenty of times, but they're both good turbos. I just don't like this ish guy thinks his roll races is the end all be all final word on if a turbo is good or not. Be a man and run the 1/4 mile.

Ish

I completely agree with you Jason. More options the better. It's been said plenty of times, but they're both good turbos. I just don't like this ish guy thinks his roll races is the end all be all final word on if a turbo is good or not. Be a man and run the 1/4 mile.
Lmao a little salty there. All good man dont watch my shit, and btw i never said but if thats what the idea you get from my videos so be it.