Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spec-D Aftermarket Tail Lights?

TDavis

1000 Post Club
this thread seems to be helpful but in all honesty it doesn't really represent the 99.9% of owners that have no issue.
I'm not going to give out sales figures but I've literally had 2 legitimate warranty claims since I've been selling the SPEC-D lights. One being TyphoonFiST who did not want to send them back for replacement for his personal reasons and the other was unfortunately past the 90 day warranty period.
I'm very open and honest with information about the parts we offer. If these LED Tails were trouble and I was constantly handling returns and complaints I'd pull them off the site quicker than it took to write this....

-Ron
I know these will be a set that I consider! Also looking forward to the 4th color!

Woods247

2000 Post Club
WTF does Spec-D use a halogen reverse light?! What size is it? I need to change it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's been talked about before....just get these.

TOAUTO 2 x 1156 LED Bulbs White Super Bright 1200 Lumens 3030 Chips with Projector 7506 1003 1073 1141 BA15S Car LED Lamp For Back Up Reverse Lights Tail Lights RV Lights Brake Lights 6000K 12V-24V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0751BJMB9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_q0NPBb65E2S5E

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's been talked about before....just get these.

TOAUTO 2 x 1156 LED Bulbs White Super Bright 1200 Lumens 3030 Chips with Projector 7506 1003 1073 1141 BA15S Car LED Lamp For Back Up Reverse Lights Tail Lights RV Lights Brake Lights 6000K 12V-24V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0751BJMB9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_q0NPBb65E2S5E

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Same loving them so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this thread seems to be helpful but in all honesty it doesn't really represent the 99.9% of owners that have no issue.
I'm not going to give out sales figures but I've literally had 2 legitimate warranty claims since I've been selling the SPEC-D lights. One being TyphoonFiST who did not want to send them back for replacement for his personal reasons and the other was unfortunately past the 90 day warranty period.
I'm very open and honest with information about the parts we offer. If these LED Tails were trouble and I was constantly handling returns and complaints I'd pull them off the site quicker than it took to write this....

-Ron
Very good to know that you are monitoring the quality of the products you offer. Helps keep the anxiety down. I'll be looking into a set of these soon. Thanks

HBEcoBeaST

I've had mine close to two years. No issues

They re use the OEM reverse bulb. I replaced mine with LEDs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The price on these definitely seemed "too good to be true", but like the foolish idiot I am, I ordered a set anyway.

Jokes on me, because as they say, "you get what you pay for".

To call these junk would be an understatement. They straight up don't fit due to piss poor QC from the factory. The passenger side tail light fits fine, but the driver side light is a defective train wreck. The lower mounting stud on the driver side light is too long for the light to sit properly on the car. It's undeniably evident when you sit the two lights side-by-side. The defective portion of the driver side light even has some markings from the manufacturing process on the 'too long' section that should have been removed. Pathetic.

More photos here, but the one below sums up the issue: View: https://imgur.com/a/cztJrAu

Bottom line is, DO NOT BUY THESE TAIL LIGHTS if you expect anything of remotely acceptable quality.

DS Tail Fitment.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I Should say....You can take that out if you would like. I had to mess with mine and its fits way better now.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
This is why I'm getting the Osram LED tails for the FiST. Osram quality is top notch and I personally like how they look more anyway

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
This is why I'm getting the Osram LED tails for the FiST. Osram quality is top notch and I personally like how they look more anyway
have you seen them in person? I have a few sets and can say with certainty a little better then spec-d but still not even on the same planet as the OEM Euro lights
The back of the Osram has the same look and orangish gold resistor as the spec-d lol

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
The price on these definitely seemed "too good to be true", but like the foolish idiot I am, I ordered a set anyway.

Jokes on me, because as they say, "you get what you pay for".

To call these junk would be an understatement. They straight up don't fit due to piss poor QC from the factory. The passenger side tail light fits fine, but the driver side light is a defective train wreck. The lower mounting stud on the driver side light is too long for the light to sit properly on the car. It's undeniably evident when you sit the two lights side-by-side. The defective portion of the driver side light even has some markings from the manufacturing process on the 'too long' section that should have been removed. Pathetic.

More photos here, but the one below sums up the issue: View: https://imgur.com/a/cztJrAu

Bottom line is, DO NOT BUY THESE TAIL LIGHTS if you expect anything of remotely acceptable quality.

View attachment 28672
very understandable you are upset with that fitment
it's not common, this is the first I've seen. It appears the top of the alignment pin mounting point was not cut off in finishing

TDavis

1000 Post Club
have you seen them in person? I have a few sets and can say with certainty a little better then spec-d but still not even on the same planet as the OEM Euro lights
The back of the Osram has the same look and orangish gold resistor as the spec-d lol
Osram makes OEM HID ballasts, LED headlight assemblies, bulbs, and other modules. They have made high quality headlights for VWs that my friends have that I've seen. I've had my run with Spec-D lights before on previous vehicles and have had either LEDs burn out, LEDs aren't even that bright, water intrusion, or they work fine but then crap out a year or two later. Now that Osram makes a set I'll go that route. I've seen unboxings and someone in the US on the FiST FB page who has them and I lovem. Just because something looks the same doesn't mean the quality of materials is the same.

I do also have a friend with a grey FiST who has the clear smoked versions of the Spec-D's and I don't really think the turn signal is that bright and the brake lights can barely be seen in direct sunlight

Last edited:
Oh wow, good looking out Ron! I was actually interested in the Osram's myself but it's good to keep in mind that the OEM Euro tails are higher quality. I would've thought the Osram's would have actually been higher quality than OEM

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Osram makes OEM HID ballasts, LED headlight assemblies, bulbs, and other modules. They have made high quality headlights for VWs that my friends have that I've seen. I've had my run with Spec-D lights before on previous vehicles and have had either LEDs burn out, LEDs aren't even that bright, water intrusion, or they work fine but then crap out a year or two later. Now that Osram makes a set I'll go that route. I've seen unboxings and someone in the US on the FiST FB page who has them and I lovem. Just because something looks the same doesn't mean the quality of materials is the same.

I do also have a friend with a grey FiST who has the clear smoked versions of the Spec-D's and I don't really think the turn signal is that bright and the brake lights can barely be seen in direct sunlight
that's great
here's a picture of the back of an Osram tail light - MADE IN Taiwan
you'll also need to make a harness for these Osram lights to install on a US Fiesta
the giveaway is the female connector vs a wire harness with male connector as seen on US OEM and spec-d lights

TDavis

1000 Post Club
that's great
here's a picture of the back of an Osram tail light - MADE IN Taiwan
you'll also need to make a harness for these Osram lights to install on a US Fiesta
the giveaway is the female connector vs a wire harness with male connector as seen on US OEM and spec-d lights

Cool. The housing may be made in Taiwan, the LED boards and lighting itself, thats a different story. Good to know about the female connector. You gonna try to make one and put it on the shop car?

Last edited: