Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sprayed150's get beat up in Street Touring autox thread!!!! WOOOO!!!!!

the sway is better than the brace from what ive seen.
Say.. what! Hahah. No seriously though that's what you've seen? I've always read the torsion bar was the hot ticket.

I've really appreciated your experience and was content with following a similar path until i realized there is no point while I'm living in an area where I can only autocross 8 / 10 times a year and half of them are rain events. We get on average 40 cars and it's not as competitive as regions like yours. I'm even debating getting Conti Extreme Contact to run because of the rain.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #262
just going off what i see all of the fast guys running at nationals. im friend with mike king that won H street last year, the ft meyers pro and dixie tour this year, and its what he runs, and eibach rear bar

just going off what i see all of the fast guys running at nationals. im friend with mike king that won H street last year, the ft meyers pro and dixie tour this year, and its what he runs, and eibach rear bar
Well that's as good as it gets for a recommendation.

Ordering the bar after I agonize about tires... Lol.

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #264
mike is running RE71s in 205/50/16 on RPF1s, i bought the same on sparco 16x7's. when i kill them ill go back to 215/45/16 rivals as i liked being able to run the rivals down under 30 psi for loads of grip

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Did you order the Eibach as well, or did you try the Whiteline?

If possible you need to run against Mike King from time to time to track your progress. Would also be great if you could drive each other's cars at a practice or something so you can sort out car differences from driver differences.

Are you running 205/50-16's like you said, or 205/45-16's like your signature says? I have a set of each and find the 50's faster. So using up the 45's on practice days.

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #268
If possible you need to run against Mike King from time to time to track your progress. Would also be great if you could drive each other's cars at a practice or something so you can sort out car differences from driver differences.

Are you running 205/50-16's like you said, or 205/45-16's like your signature says? I have a set of each and find the 50's faster. So using up the 45's on practice days.

im 99% the set i got from my friend has 50s on the 16s.

yea, mike drive my car when it was in STX/STH trim at the Florida state championship last year and ive ridden with him a few times. he live just a few hrs from me, ill prob see him in a few weeks at an event in daytona, last time we hung out was at the dixie tour last month in GA

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #269
UPS just said my swaybar will be here tomorrow, prob toss it on the car this weekend then hopefully no more fucking with the car besides tire changes and basic maintenance for a long time

Very nice. How do you like those Indy 500's?

I have the same muffler sitting waiting to be installed. Just realized I'll likely need a tip put on like that..

Honest question. On a low grip tarmac surface what in your opinion is the spread between an Indy 500 or Conti Extreme Contact sport vs a re71s?

My experience, yours may vary. The low-grip surfaces minimize the advantage the stickier tires give with regard to "throwing" the car around. The stickier tire will still give more ultimate grip, but you have to really smooth out the transitions in weight.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It also kind of depends on what you are labeling "low grip", i.e.; ANY surface with; dust, sand, dirt, pollen blown onto it by strong winds, or the actual makeup of the asphalt, or it's surface irregularities itself. ;)

OP
Sprayed150
Thread Starter #279
Honest question. On a low grip tarmac surface what in your opinion is the spread between an Indy 500 or Conti Extreme Contact sport vs a re71s?

easily seconds difference between them. one is a top teir massive grip all out performance tire, one is a daily driver summer tire

I've competed on Tarmac RallyX which is 90% crappy asphalt and 10% dirt. The best tires were the same tires best on regular autoX sites.
Top choices are RE71R or BFG Rival S 1.5 for dry and Michelin Pilot Super Sport for wet. The Sport 4S might be better, but not really the right size for our HS cars.