Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Squeaking with new Bilstein B4s - HELP

Hi all, just installed B4s in the rear (riding better on the highway as a result), BUT now I've picked up a significant and persistent squeak. I redid the job yesterday and it was fine for a few miles and then started at it again...

Not sure what to do - white lithium grease on the bottom bolt? Could this be an issue with the B4s and how they fit with the top mount so reinstall the old shocks to test?

Any help would be much appreciated!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I can only say what ive seen during my own research (still have OE suspension) but Ive read many members have reused the OEM top nut in the rear (possibly front too) but in the rear specifically the aftermarket nuts are larger and will rub on some portion back there.

There are a few threads on here about it, may or may not be your problem.

OP
tri-pedaler
Thread Starter #3
I can only say what ive seen during my own research (still have OE suspension) but Ive read many members have reused the OEM top nut in the rear (possibly front too) but in the rear specifically the aftermarket nuts are larger and will rub on some portion back there.

There are a few threads on here about it, may or may not be your problem.
That makes sense, I was wondering about this when I put the Bilstein nut on that was 13 mm, slightly larger than the OE nut. I’ll give it a try tomorrow, thanks

Not sure it would make a difference in that noise, but are you tightening the lower shock bolt while the car is still in the air, or after weight is on the suspension?