Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Build Number Plaques (and how to get one)

I received my plaques yesterday. I will post pictures once installed. Very nice. My build number is in the ~4800 (I do not have the plaques in front of me at this time) which further bolsters the idea that ~5k of these cars are built a year. My car was a December 2015 build released as 2016. I will post the information for others to read later. Highly suggest others get their build plaques as these cars appears to be a limited production vehicles.

AzNightmare

Ladies and Gentlemen, my plaque arrived today. Be on the look for an innocuous looking envelope - I thought it was junk mail so I'm glad I even opened it....plaque is very nice quality, I'm impressed. I asked for ST No. XXXX which was different from some others....looks really great IMHO.
Ughh.... I thought I went through this thread a few times before I ordered mine.
Don't know how I didn't pick up on your idea despite all your posts... lol
"No." is definitely a better idea IMO and I would have went this route had I known. It's a little more self explanatory and seems more "clean".

Oh well, I got mine today. The quality is good and definitely feels sturdy.
So what do these numbers actually mean? Like is it 2000th one built in North America? In your specific country? etc?

Ughh.... I thought I went through this thread a few times before I ordered mine.
Don't know how I didn't pick up on your idea despite all your posts... lol
"No." is definitely a better idea IMO and I would have went this route had I known. It's a little more self explanatory and seems more "clean".

Oh well, I got mine today. The quality is good and definitely feels sturdy.
So what do these numbers actually mean? Like is it 2000th one built in North America? In your specific country? etc?
From what I understand and from what the guy has said, it's effectively a sequence number of US 'imports' from the Mexican plant. I was thinking at first it was the build number from the plant and that saying "USA" on the plaque would be silly if Canadian cars were sharing the same numbers. But since it's apparently cross-referenced plant build numbers with import/export data, it really is a "USA" number right?

personally I'd almost rather have the actual build sequence number from the plant, since that's more "real", but oh well.

antarctica24

I received my plaques yesterday. I will post pictures once installed. Very nice. My build number is in the ~4800 (I do not have the plaques in front of me at this time) which further bolsters the idea that ~5k of these cars are built a year. My car was a December 2015 build released as 2016. I will post the information for others to read later. Highly suggest others get their build plaques as these cars appears to be a limited production vehicles.

I have a question, for 2016 IHS shows only 4535 Fiesta ST's were built. How can yours be in the 4800's? 2015 only shows 3942. Where is this guy getting the build numbers?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #95
I'm glad guys are still doing this. Great little product to add to your FiST.

So I just got these in the mail today. These are so cool. I sent him an email yesterday for an update and he said he posted on March 15th with a pic of the current batch and that they were being sent out. Not sure where or what forum he post on. Anyway, I got two. I figure one inside and maybe the other somewhere under the hood. Pretty low number. I remember when I got it my dealer said it was in the first batch sent over. Awesome [cheerleader]

Attachments