Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Owners: Check your axle seals!

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to post this where it may get the most traffic.

The transmission on my 2015 was way overfilled from the factory causing my axle seals to fail after two weeks of driving. This is a heads up for everyone to check under your car and make sure they aren't leaking with gear oil dripping off everything. Might be a good time for everyone to check the fluid level in the transmission, too. Hopefully, I'm an isolated case, but better to be safe than sorry.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I dont have leaks but hear clicking noises when turning full lock. They replaced left axle and didnt fix noise now they ordered the right side axle so hopfully that fixes the noise problem. Hope its not the tranny.

OP
O
Thread Starter #3
I get a slight rumble/vibration through the steering wheel at full lock going very slow. I chalk that up as normal. Clicking? Sounds like bad CV joints....

Make sure they put new seals and bushings in when they replace the axles!

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I have had my car for a week and got 740 miles and so far so good but ill check fluid level tonight and update.

OP
O
Thread Starter #5
My new seals began to leak again today. It's as bad as it was before.

FordService, you have been PM'd. Patiently awaiting response...

My new seals began to leak again today. It's as bad as it was before.

FordService, you have been PM'd. Patiently awaiting response...
Got 'em! :) I also replied to you in the other thread.

Friendly reminder to allow for a two business day turn around on PM's. :)

Meagan

I noticed my drivers side one was damp around the seal. I am going to keep an eye on it for now. No problems as of yet but it may be indicative of a future issue.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Checked mine the other day when I changed my oil. Nice and dry.

Chris G

I took a peek at mine last night after reading this. So far, so dry from what I can tell.

haste

1000 Post Club
'15 here with 5k miles. Dropped the factory fill at 4k miles. Dry seals all around.

felopr

that is just bad luck i guess :/ i did change my oil couple of days ago and they both where nice and dry.
i also measure the stock oil that came out, 1.6 liter of oil came out from a 1.7 liter dry fill full. i imagine the 0.1 liter was still inside the tranny. motul 300 that thing is so great