Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stadlxr’s FiST question thread

Sup ladies and gents!

This is just a thread for me to ask silly / random questions I may have in the future.

To start:
I have stock turbo and stock motor with FBO, I’m busy fabricating my own hot side boost pipe. Will I experience a lot of lag or drop in power by making the hot side boost pipe 2.5in on stock turbo? Will it create issues with the amount of air needed to fill a 2.5in pipe on stock turbo?

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
A larger, even as large as 2.5", won't cause any issues, but won't offer much return, either, esp with a stock turbo. The restriction is the baffle in the 'J' pipe. A number of vendors offer J pipe that aren't restricted.
Thank you, just didn’t wanna make a 2.5in setup and then have issues where the stock turbo can’t build up the required air for it. I’m prepping the car to go hybrid (X47R) so the stock turbo is only an issue for now

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Sooooo… took a long drive to university on Monday. Everything was great, did a 100 to 180km/h pull and all was great. Parked the car went and ran errands and got back into the car to drive to my friends. Car felt meh. On a 100% throttle 1 gear pull car only peaked at 1 bar boost on my boost gauge , meant to go to 1.5/1.6 bar boost on my stage 2 revo file. Car felt very bland and didn’t push me back into my seat as can be seen by the 1 bar boost , car is just meh. Same in 2nd gear, 1 bar boost and no vroom vroom or go in it. However on a 3rd and 4th gear pull the car peaks at normal boost, still feels a bit sluggish though. Checked for codes, nothing. Checked my boost pipes, intake and boost gage piping and no loose pipes. Car has a tiny bit of white smoke on idle (could be condensation I’ve been told because it was cold when I checked) and when I rev the smoke goes away. Exhaust gas smells like fuel. Any suggestions?

A friend suggested turbo seals might be going. I checked for the exhaust sucking in air on idle with piece of paper and no loss of compression so all is fine. Any ideas of what it could be?

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
Since I installed my oil catch can I have noticed a bit of a rough idle which I had before when I had a vacuum issue on the car. I’m assuming this is from excess pressure in the system now with the catch can as my catch can doesn’t have a breather filter on it, I plan on installing one. Hopefully that fixes it.

I also wanna go run logs with my tuner to check if everything is ok, maybe reload the software

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
Sooooo… took a long drive to university on Monday. Everything was great, did a 100 to 180km/h pull and all was great. Parked the car went and ran errands and got back into the car to drive to my friends. Car felt meh. On a 100% throttle 1 gear pull car only peaked at 1 bar boost on my boost gauge , meant to go to 1.5/1.6 bar boost on my stage 2 revo file. Car felt very bland and didn’t push me back into my seat as can be seen by the 1 bar boost , car is just meh. Same in 2nd gear, 1 bar boost and no vroom vroom or go in it. However on a 3rd and 4th gear pull the car peaks at normal boost, still feels a bit sluggish though. Checked for codes, nothing. Checked my boost pipes, intake and boost gage piping and no loose pipes. Car has a tiny bit of white smoke on idle (could be condensation I’ve been told because it was cold when I checked) and when I rev the smoke goes away. Exhaust gas smells like fuel. Any suggestions?

A friend suggested turbo seals might be going. I checked for the exhaust sucking in air on idle with piece of paper and no loss of compression so all is fine. Any ideas of what it could be?
Any thoughts on this anyone?

OP
S
Thread Starter #14
Okay so my turbo seals have gone 😂 140 000km and 2013 model, was bound to happen. Now to look for hybrid turbo that works with Revo stage 3 software or the RT330

OP
S
Thread Starter #18
Anyone here for a turbo blanket for their hybrid turbo? Anyone here hear wrapped their stock manifold with hybrid?

Is it worth? I wanna do it as a precautionary thing, my DP is wrapped

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anyone here for a turbo blanket for their hybrid turbo? Anyone here hear wrapped their stock manifold with hybrid?

Is it worth? I wanna do it as a precautionary thing, my DP is wrapped
Get it Ceramic coated instead* in fact get it all ceramic coated. I know I did.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: