Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stage 2 without supporting mods?

Has anyone done a before and after VD with the MAP cbe? I don't ever recall seeing one.

I'm pretty sure FSwerks and cpe also had some pretty outrageous claims for their catbacks. Again, I'm not sure if anyone ever independently verified them.
I've done some datalogging of stock vs. MAP CBE. I couldn't observe any discernible difference in load, airflow, or time between X and Y RPM between stock and CBE, which should be a surprise to absolutely nobody. It does sound nice though, which is the primary reason to buy one.

SS,

So your graph shows that with the addition of a DP, there's power to be made with a Tune? Or is that with an upgraded Turbo? Could it be that with the addition of a DP, the Tune can be made more aggressive, thus giving more HP/TQ, and not necessarily the hardware, as Hijinx alluded to in the Mishimoto DP R&D thread?

The downpipe thing... Its over. Its not even an conversation and more. Its such a simple no-brainer THAT EVEN DYN085 AND I AGREE ON IT, and that's like being happy to goto the dentist.

I really want to see THIS defended. That is a large power gain across the entire powerband with an "apples to apples" tune. By just bolting on a fart can system.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
SS,

So your graph shows that with the addition of a DP, there's power to be made with a Tune? Or is that with an upgraded Turbo? Could it be that with the addition of a DP, the Tune can be made more aggressive, thus giving more HP/TQ, and not necessarily the hardware, as Hijinx alluded to in the Mishimoto DP R&D thread?
The graph shown is a CBE on a stock downpipe using the stage 1 tune compared to a stock hardware, stock tune FiST.

Ah, got it. So, going back to the DP, it appears that adding this to stock turbo nets you nothing, according to Adam and now Mishimoto, even with a Tune, unless the Tune is tuned more aggressively, which points to software and not hardware. Correct?

The graph shown is a CBE on a stock downpipe using the stage 1 tune compared to a stock hardware, stock tune FiST.
Why are they both labeled as Cobb stage 1? It looks like an apples to apples comparison.

If the actual test was stock vs stg1+cbe, that's really wonky and deceiving .

I've done some datalogging of stock vs. MAP CBE. I couldn't observe any discernible difference in load, airflow, or time between X and Y RPM between stock and CBE, which should be a surprise to absolutely nobody. It does sound nice though, which is the primary reason to buy one.
That's the whole point! I bought a Mountune cbe and I didn't care if it made a difference in power. I bought it for appearance, build quality and sound. Why can't the manufacturers be honest about the performance gains? The products will sell themselves on other qualities. There is no need for deception.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Why are they both labeled as Cobb stage 1? It looks like an apples to apples comparison.

If the actual test was stock vs stg1+cbe, that's really wonky and deceiving .
Nope, you're right. I apparently failed at reading today. It is definitely labeled and claimed to both be on the same tune. Why members are claiming to get different results, otoh...

Nope, you're right. I apparently failed at reading today. It is definitely labeled and claimed to both be on the same tune. Why members are claiming to get different results, otoh...
I'm sure you already know the answer. The probability of MAP doing an oopsie on their dyno graph is higher than the CBE making magically uniform power over the entire RPM band. Any genuine hardware improvement with a reduced back-pressure exhaust would result in a lower RPM boost threshold, quicker spool, and then hitting the load limit. A uniform power gain over the entire RPM band is not logical.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I'm sure you already know the answer. The probability of MAP doing an oopsie on their dyno graph is higher than the CBE making magically uniform power over the entire RPM band. Any genuine hardware improvement with a reduced back-pressure exhaust would result in a lower RPM boost threshold, quicker spool, and then hitting the load limit. A uniform power gain over the entire RPM band is not logical.
It's nice to see that there's another person that understands this, and more especially what's in bold.