Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

Got my tune from Stratified last night. I haven't been able to do a WOT pull yet because of traffic on the commute, but it drives AWESOME. Throttle response is great, and it's smoother than it's ever been. I'm not one to talk down about other products, but honestly the change is so drastic I feel I have to. The OTS Cobb stage 2 felt like I had an anchor behind the car. Slow to rev, seemed like I had to give much more throttle input for even basic daily driving. I was on the fence about getting an E30 tune from stratified as well as the 93 tune, but I will absolutely be purchasing an E30 tune from them after my positive experience with their 93 tune. What good is gobs of power, if the driving experience is crap?

TL;DR Stratified is awesome, give them your money.
Thank you for the kind words. Driveability is something that I work very hard on when developing calibrations. That "feel" a car has can be elusive at times but Ford and COBB have given me some great tools to achieve a response from the car that at least to me is enjoyable and I am glad that you like it as well.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Got my tune from Stratified last night. I haven't been able to do a WOT pull yet because of traffic on the commute, but it drives AWESOME. Throttle response is great, and it's smoother than it's ever been. I'm not one to talk down about other products, but honestly the change is so drastic I feel I have to. The OTS Cobb stage 2 felt like I had an anchor behind the car. Slow to rev, seemed like I had to give much more throttle input for even basic daily driving. I was on the fence about getting an E30 tune from stratified as well as the 93 tune, but I will absolutely be purchasing an E30 tune from them after my positive experience with their 93 tune. What good is gobs of power, if the driving experience is crap?

TL;DR Stratified is awesome, give them your money.
Was this their canned/flash tune, or their full 'logged and response' type tune??

I ask because I plan on getting one of the above (or both at different times) from them. ;)

[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] I put on a intercooler and have your stage 1 91/93 flash tune, would I benefit from the $25 upgrade if that's all I've done. I'm also looking at getting the e30 flash tune possibly on the same map so I can flip tunes depending on what gas stations I hit.

grnmachine02

Once the tune gets set-in, let us know how it does in WOT.
Time for an update.

This is the Stratified flash tune. I indicated I had an intercooler and exhaust, so I assume it's the "stage 2 ots+ thingy" Stage stuff drives me bonkers.

WOT is great. Seems a bit strong then the Cobb stage 2, although probably not by much. The smoothness is where the Stratified tune really shines. Peak boost has been 24.13 psi, and the max negative ignition correction I've had is -.067. Max timing added has been about 3 degrees.

I'll do a vdyno when I have a chance. I suspect the Stratified is making more power, but there's only so much power you can make on the stock turbo without going to E30.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^THANK YOU! [thumb]

This has convinced me to go with their flash tune once I have the IC and boomba factory style BOV/BPV, or maybe even before that, and then update it with a FULL tune from Alex.

LOL on the whole import/SCC tuner "stage" thing, I will NEVER get used to that (and it is never 'standardized' even within any given/specific tuner community, so it is invalid as far as I'm concerned anyway)!

grnmachine02

^^^THANK YOU! [thumb]

This has convinced me to go with their flash tune once I have the IC and boomba factory style BOV/BPV, or maybe even before that, and then update it with a FULL tune from Alex.

LOL on the whole import/SCC tuner "stage" thing, I will NEVER get used to that (and it is never 'standardized' even within any given/specific tuner community, so it is invalid as far as I'm concerned anyway)!
The stage thing is confusing to say the least. My last car I built had the parts cannon fired at it (big turbo, exhaust, cam, ported this and polished that blah blah blah) then self tuned with megasquirt by driving the interstate at midnight doing WOT pulls. Seeing parts laid out into stages is greek to me.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
^^^THANK YOU! [thumb]

Hell ya to Stratified
F no to the boomba adapter, I had it on for a few months. It was so annoying would hiss for no reason at time and would not even sound like a blow off valve. I'd avoid it like the plague, removed mine and why didn't I do it before!

Based

Yeah I'm gonna get the turbo smart one and see how I like it. Too many people say the Boomba adapter is annoying.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^We're NOT talking about their ricey sounding "adapter", we're referring to their COMPLETE recirculating (read: VERY QUIET!!) factory BPV replacement system. [wink]

[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION]

Just curious if there are any plans for an updated flash tune? I'm loving the current flash tune but I'd like a more aggressive tune for a bit more top end pull. I see on your site there is the following option "Datalog Report / Flash Tune Adjustment" but it states "These datalog reports and adjustments are for safety purposes only. We will not be adding power to your Flash Tune."

I guess what I am asking for is a custom tune, do you guys use the flash tune as a base map for this process? I just really like the flash tune, just wish it was a little more aggressive.

Thanks!

TUX15ST

They are working on the V2 crackles tune for the FiST this week, not sure if there will be any other refinements coming out with this update or just the crackles

Based

can the crackles be added to a custom etune? Or is it its separate tune?

Is the consensus on the crackle tune that it is not a good idea to be used with a catted downpipe? I like the idea of this add on, but don't want to damage anything.

TUX15ST

yeah they can be added to any tunes, especially the custom ones. and yes the crackles aren't great for the cat but that's the least of my worries

So my v2 crackle tune is really v1, you're running a v2.1 and the next version coming out is v2. Makes sense.