Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

TUX15ST

so my v2 crackle tune is really v1, you're running a v2.1 and the next version coming out is v2. Makes sense.
your tune version is their 2.0 or 2.1 tune which is unrelated to the crackle version (crackles are just an add-on revision within the tune itself). They either have no crackles or v1 crackles right now until v2 crackles get released, the tune versions (2.0, 2.1) and crackle versions (no crackles, v1, v2) are unrelated, you can have any combination of them. I just got a tune last week and I have tune version 2.1 with V1 crackles added on, and will be getting the same 2.1 tune with V2 crackles once they release it this week, I am told

your tune version is their 2.0 or 2.1 tune which is unrelated to the crackle version (crackles are just an add-on revision within the tune itself). They either have no crackles or v1 crackles right now until v2 crackles get released, the tune versions (2.0, 2.1) and crackle versions (no crackles, v1, v2) are unrelated, you can have any combination of them. I just got a tune last week and I have tune version 2.1 with V1 crackles added on, and will be getting the same 2.1 tune with V2 crackles once they release it this week, I am told
I'm not sure what to tell you but I paid for and received a crackle tune. From what you're trying to explain, I gather I have v2 tune with crackle v1 and v2 tune with crackle v2 is coming out soon.

Either this is confusing as hell or not being communicated effectively.

yeah they can be added to any tunes, especially the custom ones. and yes the crackles aren't great for the cat but that's the least of my worries
Damaging the cat is one thing, other things getting damaged is what I am concerned about.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Damaging the cat is one thing, other things getting damaged is what I am concerned about.
+1, IF there is even an outside chance of it damaging the factory (or ANY for that matter) turbo in the least (even if I eventually plan on going hybrid/BT), I can live without this feature. [wink]

TUX15ST

I'm not sure what to tell you but I paid for and received a crackle tune. From what you're trying to explain, I gather I have v2 tune with crackle v1 and v2 tune with crackle v2 is coming out soon.

Either this is confusing as hell or not being communicated effectively.
exactly what you just said here, which is the same thing i have for now, until v2 gets released

[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] I put on a intercooler and have your stage 1 91/93 flash tune, would I benefit from the $25 upgrade if that's all I've done. I'm also looking at getting the e30 flash tune possibly on the same map so I can flip tunes depending on what gas stations I hit.
Yes, we do configure the tune based on your modifications - adding an intercooler allows us to add performance to the tune.

The stage thing is confusing to say the least. My last car I built had the parts cannon fired at it (big turbo, exhaust, cam, ported this and polished that blah blah blah) then self tuned with megasquirt by driving the interstate at midnight doing WOT pulls. Seeing parts laid out into stages is greek to me.
This is why we build the tunes to order. The individual parts are what dictates changes in the tune, not stages.

[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION]

Just curious if there are any plans for an updated flash tune? I'm loving the current flash tune but I'd like a more aggressive tune for a bit more top end pull. I see on your site there is the following option "Datalog Report / Flash Tune Adjustment" but it states "These datalog reports and adjustments are for safety purposes only. We will not be adding power to your Flash Tune."

I guess what I am asking for is a custom tune, do you guys use the flash tune as a base map for this process? I just really like the flash tune, just wish it was a little more aggressive.

Thanks!
Yes we are working on all of these things. The more aggressive exhaust sounds as well as updates. We are always looking to improve the tunes but this requires a good amount of development time.

+1, IF there is even an outside chance of it damaging the factory (or ANY for that matter) turbo in the least (even if I eventually plan on going hybrid/BT), I can live without this feature. [wink]
The crackles I don't see as posing a risk to the turbo or even the downpipe. The sound pressure waves can take a toll on muffler packing but otherwise we are not overheating components with these - especially the upcoming V2 crackles

Based

Hey guys, I just got back from doing pulls with the flash tune. I did 20 - 80 starting in second gear and then 50 - 70 in third gear. I went back home just to go back to the factory tune because I didn't want to do it on the side of the highway in case something went wrong. I am now on the stock tune and I am actually shocked how slow it is. HOLY SHIT! When I first bought the car I actually thought it was fast! Now that I'm back on the stock tune it is so gutless compared to the stratified tune it is amazing. I will be doing pulls on the stock tune tomorrow night and then I will make a video playing them side by side for comparison.

I just really can't believe how slow the car is on the stock tune compared to the stratified flash tune it really did surprise me.

The tuning form specifically asks if you purchased it. I did not, so I said no. I wanted it :/
Reply to the email that included your tune and ask for it. They will send you an invoice and you enter the quantity for the $15 snap crackle pop and they will send you another flash. That's what I did I have a flash with and without the snap crackle pop

Flashed my stage 2 91/93/e85 map. Oar is at +60 I'm going to let in settle in before logging. I wonder what changes were made from the stage 1 to the stage 2, maybe just a couple degrees of timing like the Cobb stage maps.

AzNightmare

[video=youtube;K5P-JBHkRGY]https://youtu.be/K5P-JBHkRGY[/video]

There is my "review". Read the description.

Thanks for taking the time to make the side by side comparison. It would be nice if more people had comparison videos like this on the forums.
Did you get a chance to do a test with the COBB stage 1 tune as well?

(helped you embed the video)