Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

TUX15ST

So after going back to v1 crackles for the first time after installing the catback, i can barely tell the crackles are there, v1 is not enough crackles for me so i actually ended up going back to the v2 tune, i really wish there was something in the middle of the two, we need a v1.5 crackles!

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
To those who for the e30/e85 tune....what have you found to be the most accurate mix of gas and exit for our vehicles. The gas here where I am contains 10% ethanol right of the bat and 93 is easily available.
I just go off of Stratified's recommendations of 3 gallons E85, the rest with 92 or 93 octane. It always ends up being right around E30 to E31.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So what Is the ethanol content in your premium where you are? What did you find to be the best mix at an empty fuel tank and at a 1/4 full?

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
It is E10, but you don't need to worry about ethanol as much as octane rating, octane is more important.

I always fill up when there's roughly 50 miles or less remaining according to the odometer screen.

I've got 10% in my 93 octane, but here recently I've been filling up with 3-5 gallons of e85, and then the rest e30 from the pump. The way I've figured it out is its going to atleast be a 30% mix, up to a 50% mix. which should be fine either way. Everything seems good, and I average about 25mpg on a tank.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I was about to post that Intercept link. Scroll to the bottom and put in your numbers to get an idea of what's on your tank.

I've honestly just gone by the 3 gallons suggested by Stratified and my OAR has never gone lower than -1.00.

AzNightmare

Can anyone kindly post any videos of their crack and pops?
Don't want to sound like an @sshole... but describing sounds with text really doesn't offer much. lol

What exactly is v1 crackle? What's v2 crackle?
Or post some comparable YouTube samples if you don't have your own. :)

I'm actually a bit surprised Stratified hasn't posted their own advertisement yet... was kind of hoping they made an audio clip of their new product. :D

[MENTION=4300]Alex@Stratified[/MENTION] could you please answer these questions below?

Question 1 for Alex - answer the above quotes.

Question 2 for Alex - when I ordered my PnC tune I requested on the order form that I get a milder version of the PnC if possible. I didn't hear anything nor were there any notes on my delivered tune that would provide info on my request for a milder PnC. Could you tell me what I got, a milder or the full version? I was order 5757.

Thank you sir.

No, I really don't see why people get that option, if you get the traction control option it takes care of the very reasons why someone would get the traction control. Maybe it's for people who don't want the traction control but don't want tire shredding.

No, an aftermarket DP is not required for the pops.

The crackles are not "tunable" at least not at this time. Different exhaust configurations will result in different levels of sound. This is very much a personal preference and it's hard to tune something for a specific vehicle and to someone's taste especially via a flash tune. This is why we offer the option for a second tune without them.

jeff

2000 Post Club
No, an aftermarket DP is not required for the pops.

The crackles are not "tunable" at least not at this time. Different exhaust configurations will result in different levels of sound. This is very much a personal preference and it's hard to tune something for a specific vehicle and to someone's taste especially via a flash tune. This is why we offer the option for a second tune without them.
Thank you but you did not answer my question. Did I get the V1 or V2 pops and crackles? From reading over this thread it seems you released two versions. I would like to know which I got because if I got V1 I am interested in hearing V2 on my car since what I have is a bit too subtle.

Thank you but you did not answer my question. Did I get the V1 or V2 pops and crackles? From reading over this thread it seems you released two versions. I would like to know which I got because if I got V1 I am interested in hearing V2 on my car since what I have is a bit too subtle.
You have V2.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So if there is a gas station that sells e30 near me would it be ok to fill just on that or do I need to fill with say 3 gallons of e85 then the rest with say 93 octane to get the proper mixture. Ethanol in general Is available here in Mn due to it being a big corn state. Thoughts anyone?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah I saw that on a previous thread that e30 at the pump is mixed usually with 87 Oct and has a lower overall octane rating. So it's better to just mix your own...luckily i have a Bp gas station with 93 octane and then a ethanol gas station directly across the road. So it looks like fill up with 3 gallons at the station....then dilly dally over to the Bp and fill it up when I want to see what it all will do performance wise over regular 93 octane with 10% ethanol. Yay ....hopefully this tune is worth it even though I have a stock turbo still.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I agree, premium plus E85 is the best way to go. My fuel ends up being about 96 octane with a 30-32% ethanol mix.

So if there is a gas station that sells e30 near me would it be ok to fill just on that or do I need to fill with say 3 gallons of e85 then the rest with say 93 octane to get the proper mixture. Ethanol in general Is available here in Mn due to it being a big corn state. Thoughts anyone?

What I do is put in 3 to 5 gallons of e85 and then the rest e30, depending on the ethanol content at the lowest its a 30%mix and at the highest its a 50%mix. This also comes out to a 95 octane rating, where 93 and e85 would come out to a 98 to 99. I just filled my tank up with e30 and e85 mix and it was $15.00 for a full tank, where it would have been $30 for a tank of 93. I'm in the Corn state though, so my ethanol content is probably pretty high. One time whenever I was on empty I filled up with straight e85 just to see if it would make any difference, logged and everything, on 3rd and 4th gear pulls, around 2700 to 3500 rpm I was getting throttle closure, and my FPR dropped to 1370, then after that point it shot back up to 2000 to 2100 all the way to redline, same thing still happens on a mix, but it never drops below 1400, which probably means that the straight e85 was running the pump on the ragged edge. not trying to throw this thread off topic though, this stuff should probably go in the http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...ds-Discussion-Thread?highlight=running+blends

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
All of you are fortunate to have E85 stations so close to home.

The nearest one to me is at least 35 miles away, according to all of the ethanol service station search sites. [:(]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
All of you are fortunate to have E85 stations so close to home.

The nearest one to me is at least 35 miles away, according to all of the ethanol service station search sites. [:(]
Heck I'd take that, we don't even have a station in this an country! Make ___ great again?