Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

haste

1000 Post Club
There are 4 E85 stations within a 10 mile radius to my house. [giggle]

jeff

2000 Post Club
OK please help me, I am very confused at this point, I am just trying to understand what my money bought me. I realize that every car will not sound the same due to different variables.

However I am confused here because the engineer who sent me the tune told me that he did indeed honor my request to give me the quieter version and that this was version 1. I can provide the e-mail if necessary. Now here you are telling me that I got version 2. From everyone's description of V1 (it is quiet, not too noticeable) that is what I got. From everyone's description of V2 it is definitely (very loud, obnoxious, everyone around can hear it) not what I got in my tune. Mine is super quiet, only the occasional pop when downshifting, even with the windows down it's very muffled, it's not even something a passenger might notice unless I downshifted with very high revs.

My car has a stock downpipe and a Mountune exhaust BTW.

Please advise.

grnmachine02

OK please help me, I am very confused at this point, I am just trying to understand what my money bought me. I realize that every car will not sound the same due to different variables.

However I am confused here because the engineer who sent me the tune told me that he did indeed honor my request to give me the quieter version and that this was version 1. I can provide the e-mail if necessary. Now here you are telling me that I got version 2. From everyone's description of V1 (it is quiet, not too noticeable) that is what I got. From everyone's description of V2 it is definitely (very loud, obnoxious, everyone around can hear it) not what I got in my tune. Mine is super quiet, only the occasional pop when downshifting, even with the windows down it's very muffled, it's not even something a passenger might notice unless I downshifted with very high revs.

Please advise.

Your exhaust will make a HUGE difference as to how loud the pops and crackles are. I have the v2 crackle. When I had my MBRP installed, it was LOUD. Like gun shot loud, especially if the exhaust was really hot and I was off throttle and high RPM. Now that the stock exhaust is back on, I can't hear the crackle at all.

As quiet as the mountune exhaust is, I'd be willing to bet that you are literally "muffling" the crackle.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Your exhaust will make a HUGE difference as to how loud the pops and crackles are. I have the v2 crackle. When I had my MBRP installed, it was LOUD. Like gun shot loud, especially if the exhaust was really hot and I was off throttle and high RPM. Now that the stock exhaust is back on, I can't hear the crackle at all.

As quiet as the mountune exhaust is, I'd be willing to bet that you are literally "muffling" the crackle.
Thanks, that's a logical explanation from someone who has heard the V2 on two different exhausts. The confusion grew because one Strat person told me I had V1 and another told me I had V2. Must have been their miscommunication.

If the V2 is this quiet then the V1 must have been just barely noticeable, hence V2.

Weather might play into it as well, perhaps the people saying it was loud and obnoxious were in higher temp areas and posting those thoughts in the summer and/or when the car was warmed up. Though the reality of any exhaust is that it's quieter when warm. But we're not talking about only exhaust here, we're talking about the tune. Maybe the tune's effect on the exhaust grows in volume in relation to the warming up of the exhaust. My exhausts are always louder when it's cold or when I first start the car.

Anyhow just musings....thanks again. I'm settled on this V2 tune for times I want a little extra noise.

grnmachine02

Thanks, that's a logical explanation from someone who has heard the V2 on two different exhausts. The confusion grew because one Strat person told me I had V1 and another told me I had V2. Must have been their miscommunication.

If the V2 is this quiet then the V1 must have been just barely noticeable, hence V2.

Weather might play into it as well, perhaps the people saying it was loud and obnoxious were in higher temp areas and posting those thoughts in the summer and/or when the car was warmed up. Though the reality of any exhaust is that it's quieter when warm. But we're not talking about only exhaust here, we're talking about the tune. Maybe the tune's effect on the exhaust grows in volume in relation to the warming up of the exhaust. My exhausts are always louder when it's cold or when I first start the car.

Anyhow just musings....thanks again. I'm settled on this V2 tune for times I want a little extra noise.

If I'm being completely honest, the crackles are neat but sometimes are borderline annoying. On a long road trip, having a backfire EVERY SINGLE TIME you let off the gas got...annoying to say the least. It is a neat between shifts however.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
If I'm being completely honest, the crackles are neat but sometimes are borderline annoying. On a long road trip, having a backfire EVERY SINGLE TIME you let off the gas got...annoying to say the least. It is a neat between shifts however.
I enjoyed it at first but may be leaning your way now. It is cool, and would be neat to have on track days, but for around town it seems kind of annoying. It almost feels...childish.

grnmachine02

Has this been answered?
Doesn't the RS have this feature stock? I know in sport or Mad tyte drift dude bro mode, it makes all kinds of pops and crackles. I don't really see what damage it could do. It creates a lean condition on throttle lift. If it was adding copious amounts of fuel during decel, I could see that damaging the converter.

I know on all my megasquirt cars, I have the fuel injectors turn off completely during off throttle decel. Haven't damaged anything yet. Been running that way for 10 years.

edit:// That being said, I obviously can't 100% say that it doesn't have any adverse effects.

grnmachine02

I enjoyed it at first but may be leaning your way now. It is cool, and would be neat to have on track days, but for around town it seems kind of annoying. It almost feels...childish.
It IS childish, which is why I love it so much. It did get annoying on that 9 hour ride, but I have the mental attitude of a 10 year old so I can't get rid of it. [:D]

Please advise.
This is more complicated than it has to be. What is your order number?

jeff

2000 Post Club
With all due respect -

This is more complicated than it has to be. What is your order number?
I already provided it for you in post #452 which you read and quoted me in post #469 yesterday.

Again, my order number is 5757.

Also if anyone is inquiring about their order or has questions, the most direct way to get answers is via our contact form or telephone. It is just too difficult to keep track of forum threads. Thanks everyone!

https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us&zenid=0843h060nnobjmene4agch38v7
When I submitted the order form a few days ago, I specifically asked in the "notes" section about if it was possible to get one or the other version of the PnC option. I was never answered, I just received the tune with no explanation. So I did take that route to get a direct answer preemptively. A few days later after further inquiry via email I was told by one of your guys that I got V1, but in this thread you told me I got V2 a few posts back.

That is why I am confused, and I did try to get answers via your contact form.

In both of the cases I have cited above I give you guys the benefit of the doubt and am sure that you just missed my communication somehow due to whatever reason. I understand that you guys are busy, that keeping track of multiple means of incoming communication (website, email, forum) with multiple staff can let things fall through the cracks. This forum is a great way to share/spread your business, but just because you're a vendor does not mean that you read and process every post or thread that has anything to do with your products.

As I've continued to say, I think your work is awesome, I have purchased 4 of your tunes and will continue to praise their merits.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
It seems confusing that the V1 would even be an option, considering it's their V3 tune now and the V1 PnC was only recommended for aftermarket or catless downpipes.

The V2 is cat/exhaust safe.

My v2 has gotten louder, my stock exhaust may have just broken in though just hit 10k. Every time around 3k deacceleration, it lets out 4 good pops.