Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

I should add about traction control. It is a driver aid that should help you regain traction using the throttle once it is lost. If it is too intrusive (like on a non performance car) it can sap the excitement and performance from the car. If it's not there at all you can lose a lot of time with wheelspin that is hard to control or back out of.

So what I am working on now is a further refinement of the traction control such that it slows things down enough in a smooth fashion such that the driver can control the wheelspin using the throttle.

AzNightmare

So after a few weeks, how is everyone enjoying the latest tune?
Seems like many people decided to change tunes after a week since they got over the cnp, but what about the actual tune itself in terms of performance?

TUX15ST

Actual tune itself is awesome, first gear and take off is great, i actually used this tune to model my custom tune after because i liked it so much

grnmachine02

Seems like many people decided to change tunes after a week since they got over the cnp, but what about the actual tune itself in terms of performance?
I think it's great. I'm still using the crackles. It's much less obnoxious with the stock exhaust back on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based

I plan on getting my resonator deleted this weekend and I want to know if I should wait until I get that and my plumb back BOV before updating my tune. Or does a reso delete and a BOV not make a difference in comparison to a flash tune for a stock car (which is what I have).

I've had both Stratified and Livernois tunes on my FiST. Here are my driving impressions of those tunes. I am sure that both tunes produce good power either way.

The current Stratified Tune 3.0 is very well done. The 1.0 and 2.0 versions were not as well done compared to Livernois Tune. With the Livernois Tune, driveablity is like OEM during partial throttle response, but at WOT, it pulled progressive and hard to 6000 RPM, Stratified's Version 1.0 and 2.0 were more responsive during partial throttle applications compared to Livernois, but at WOT, they did not pull as hard as Livernois and tended to peter out by 6000 rpm. With Version 3.0, the WOT response is as good as Livernois, plus the driveability is fantastic! Partial throttle response is more responsive than Livernois (aka Stock); especially 1st gear take off and switching gears 1-2. No hiccups and no rev hang, in my experience, for both Tunes.

TUX15ST

that violent engine braking is gone now? Or got used to it?
well i used dhm for my pro tune so yes the more violent engine braking is gone because its different tune with much more mild cnp (only on downshifting or wot shifting) but my strat tune always had the hard engine braking with the v2 cnp, but you do get semi used to it. Take off with the strat tune is exceptional, i am happy that i tried their tune first because when i got my pro tune and it felt sluggish in first i knew what i was already looking for because of this tune so i was able to have a better overall tune because i have tried tunes from 3 different companies and combined a little of everything. For $50-$60 its a great buy for sure. Worlds better than anything ots, i dont even consider the cobb ots real tunes, they are awful.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can the log review be purchased separately from the OTS tune? As in, buy the tune now for $60 (with options) and then request a review a few months from now....

TUX15ST

Can the log review be purchased separately from the OTS tune? As in, buy the tune now for $60 (with options) and then request a review a few months from now....
YES YOU CAN BUY A LOG REVIEW AT ANY TIME HERE, BUT WHY EXACTLY ARE YOU LOOKING TO WAIT A FEW MONTHS BEFORE DOING THE REVIEW? WOULDNT YOU WANT TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON SOONER THAN LATER?
http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=601

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My current goal is the C39 with a ported mani no later than next summer. So i just want an inexpensive taste of Stratified's work before I decide who will tune my future hybrid. The assumption is that the car will be fine with their ots. I don't have any exotic mods that would throw things off. But should i start to notice odd things, then i'd like the option of the review later or worst case just reload the Cobb ots and await the hybrid.

TUX15ST

my current goal is the c39 with a ported mani no later than next summer. So i just want an inexpensive taste of stratified's work before i decide who will tune my future hybrid. The assumption is that the car will be fine with their ots. I don't have any exotic mods that would throw things off. But should i start to notice odd things, then i'd like the option of the review later or worst case just reload the cobb ots and await the hybrid.
gotcha yeah that makes sense then, and yes their flash tunes are super safe, no way you would have problems with your current combo and even need the log review according to what your saying, but the option is always there

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well i just bought it. After all, it's just 50 bucks. What could possibly go wrong? :) I'll let you guys know how i find it compares to the Cobb's Stg 3. Now for the longest 48 hrs of my life. And it's Friday so i prob won't see my tune till Monday :(