Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Never but there's always a first time. Must be a smart lil guy to only squeal in pain at high rpms of 2nd - 4th lol I wonder if i gradually increase rpms if I'll still get the noise. i wonder if the sound is gone and i can go back to loving my car!!! I hate dumb shit like this :(

Per their Facebook, the 1-8 option is the number that allows tire spin. The higher the number, the more spin that is allowed. For now though, they said this number doesn't matter as they haven't taken advantage of it in their tune yet.
We are working on this as we speak to make sure the values for the Fiesta are spot on.

Just loaded my tune and wanted to jot down my first impressions. Short answer...not fully convinced it's 100% better, but I know now who is doing my custom tune - Stratified.

So I dropped my daughter off at ballet on Cobb OTS stg3. 45 minutes later I picked her up on strat v3. From the moment I pulled out of the driveway, the car felt more eager. Like it was breathing with less restriction.

Not sure if it was placebo until I got onto the main road. 1st gear came and went in a blink. Revs climbed faster and smoother than I've ever felt in this car. It caught me by surprise so much that I haphazardly threw 2nd and even 2nd gear was gone in a blink. That nasty rev hang on the Cobb tune? GONE! Didn't realize how bad it really was until this tune! Even 3rd gear was instant power. By now the revs weren't going by as fast (to be expected) but what stood out most was how smooooth the car pulls. Hit 25.6 psi without even realizing it.

And that's the tradeoff b/n Cobb and Strat. The way they go about delivering power is very different. Hit max boost target on Cobb and you know it. The car is pulling hard and torque steering. Exciting stuff. But then it dies off quickly and ur left feeling kinda limp.

With strat, you hit max target boost and you don't realize. Just smooth pull all the way. Not as exciting but the obvious drop off in power delivery is not there. It's deceiving how quick the car is now.

But I do miss the peaky smack in the face that is Cobb. And that's my one minor criticism. I liked the donkey kick. But I do so appreciate strats method. Smooth, eager, and without delay. Where Cobb prematurely ejaculated at low rpms with that slap in the face I mentioned earlier, Strat makes sweet love to you across more of the rpm range. And doesn't get out of bed to make a snack between shifts ;)

Need more time with it to really decide which I like better but I'm obviously leaning towards strat. Tomorrow I'll see some highway and really bang through the gears. I'll also start logging.
Thank you for the very colorful review! Had me spitting out my coffee and made my day! We "love you long time" :). Cheers!

AzNightmare

I must have gotten some one off tune.
My Stratified v2 has donkey kick in first and 2nd and I love it. It makes the car accelerate so much faster.
I went back to the COBB tune a few months later and the COBB OTS felt so slow in the lower gears, and the shifts were so smooth, it felt like I was driving an auto.

How many of you bought the v3 tune coming from a Stratified v2 tune? Is weird, seems like my v2 is not like any one elses.

Based

I must have gotten some one off tune.
My Stratified v2 has donkey kick in first and 2nd and I love it. It makes the car accelerate so much faster.
I went back to the COBB tune a few months later and the COBB OTS felt so slow in the lower gears, and the shifts were so smooth, it felt like I was driving an auto.

How many of you bought the v3 tune coming from a Stratified v2 tune? Is weird, seems like my v2 is not like any one elses.
I am coming from a v2 tune.

I can't really tell a MASSIVE difference but it does feel different in a way. I do know that I was breaking traction in 2nd the other day which I've never done on the v2 tune.

The only reason I updated was because I wanted to get the crackles.

Two big updates to our flash tunes:

1. After validation we have released the Stratified tuned traction control for the Fiesta. If you already have our latest flash tune, you can update just the traction control or just the crackles using our Feature Update without updating your entire tune. But you must be on the latest tune:

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=624

2. Our datalog reviews have been traditionally there for safety. We have changed this policy and now (as long as you are on the latest flash tune) we can also add power in a single iteration IF the datalogs show that the fuel you are using and your vehicle support this.

http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=601

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
If I received multiple tune files in one order, does the order for TC update update all files?

I have one with just TC, one with just crackles and one with both. Either way, just paid for the traction control update for $10. I really only need it on the TC only tune and one with crackles and TC, obviously.

And if I understand it right, 1-4 is within the "optimal" Stratified control and anything beyond is discretionary?

-Matt

Based

Well for some reason my tune is "V7.10". I'm assuming this is meant to be v3 because I just got it a week ago or so.

So if I have the TC option on my current tune, That's just the generic Cobb traction control setting and not the Stratified tuneable version, right?

If I received multiple tune files in one order, does the order for TC update update all files?

I have one with just TC, one with just crackles and one with both. Either way, just paid for the traction control update for $10. I really only need it on the TC only tune and one with crackles and TC, obviously.

And if I understand it right, 1-4 is within the "optimal" Stratified control and anything beyond is discretionary?

-Matt
Hi Matt yes all the tunes in that one order will be updated.

Well for some reason my tune is "V7.10". I'm assuming this is meant to be v3 because I just got it a week ago or so.

So if I have the TC option on my current tune, That's just the generic Cobb traction control setting and not the Stratified tuneable version, right?
Correct. That was a mistake on our end with the nomenclature on your file.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Is the current v3 tune crackles the " loud", or the "medium"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I was wondering also, since I couldn't find the medium option on the update page, only none or loud.

Hi Matt yes all the tunes in that one order will be updated.
Cool, thanks! Any info in regards to the recommended setting?

Based

So the TC that went out before today was just the generic Cobb tc? And now we have the tuneable one if we update?

The Fiesta currently only has the one crackle setting.

And yes TC prior to now was not the one that is adjustable and further refined. Once COBB allowed for this adjustability on the handheld with the latest FW we were able to offer this option.

Bluedrank

You guys really need a faq or more help documentation somewhere on your site. There's so much info and questions related to this tune, it would be really helpful to not have to read through this 60+ page thread to find the answers you're looking for.

grnmachine02

I pulled the trigger on the traction control. I assume by selecting "no update" to the crackles, I will keep the crackles I already have? Hopefully so. I'm interested in how this traction control works out. I do wish that it wouldn't reset every time the car turns off. That may prove to be annoying. For $10 though, it's worth a shot.