Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

Based

Have you notice heat soak with the tune since your on the stock intercooler?
I've only noticed really bad heatsoak once and that was when it was literally 105 degrees outside with 80% humidity. My charge temps were over 130 degrees fahrenheit. This was maybe three months ago when I was on a previous version of this stratified tune. The car was really slow. It was definetly noticeable and I even thought I might've filled up with bad gas or something.

There might be heatsoak but really I haven't noticed any.

If I buy the updated TC for my V3 tune, will I get both of the tunes I ordered with the new TC? I mean, I bought a V3 tune with Cracks/CTC, and one with CTC only- does the $10 update apply to both?

And just to clarify I bought the tune when it was released, that means I have the loud cracks, Right? I think I want to go the route of having loud cracks, mid cracks, and no cracks for these tunes.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
If I buy the updated TC for my V3 tune, will I get both of the tunes I ordered with the new TC? I mean, I bought a V3 tune with Cracks/CTC, and one with CTC only- does the $10 update apply to both?

And just to clarify I bought the tune when it was released, that means I have the loud cracks, Right? I think I want to go the route of having loud cracks, mid cracks, and no cracks for these tunes.
Yep, I got updates for all the ordered tune files.

Started with the Cobb OTS 93 Oct Stage 1. Was pretty unimpressed. Changed over to the Stratified tune 93 oct for mostly stock and it is far and away better. Running around 21 psi 1-2 gear and 3+ is up to 26 psi. Power and torque seem to hold longer in the rev range. Will provide a datalog comparison this week of the boost vs AFR vs RPM compared to the same for the stock and Cobb OTS tunes.

Throttle is a bit too sensitive for my liking. That is really my only complaint so far.

Based

What is the boost supposed to be hitting? 26? What is the max psi the engine can handle?

TUX15ST

Your actually hitting 26 psi? The highest ive ever seen was about 25.4 on a rather warm october day, otherwise i typically get high 23's to low 24's recently. and yes the throttle is super sensitive with the strat tune which I love it

What is the boost supposed to be hitting? 26? What is the max psi the engine can handle?
No idea to be honest. AFRs looks fine. In the 11s.

Your actually hitting 26 psi? The highest ive ever seen was about 25.4 on a rather warm october day, otherwise i typically get high 23's to low 24's recently. and yes the throttle is super sensitive with the strat tune which I love it
Yep, sure am. It was about 62-70 degrees on the way to work this morning. If I roll on in 6th at highway speeds it is about 24-25 psi which seems to be noticeable as far as top gear pulling power. Doing a highway pull in 4th the charge temps getting pretty far from ambient though. They quickly shot up in the 110+ range with ambient temps in 60s. I'm guessing that is because the tiny turbo is so inefficient at high boost.

grnmachine02

Boost is just a number. As long as the AFR looks good and it doesn't knock, then you're OK. Well, assuming cylinder pressure doesn't take out a head gasket or something silly like that.

These ECM's don't have a boost target, they just have a max. If it only needs 23psi to make its targeted torque, then it will only make 23psi.

At least that's how it's been explained to me. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUX15ST

boost is just a number. As long as the afr looks good and it doesn't knock, then you're ok. Well, assuming cylinder pressure doesn't take out a head gasket or something silly like that.

These ecm's don't have a boost target, they just have a max. If it only needs 23psi to make its targeted torque, then it will only make 23psi.

At least that's how it's been explained to me. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
this makes a lot of sensor especially in my situation i have noticed i only get higher boost on hot days, when it takes more to get more power

Thats crazy your seeing 50 degree rise on a 4th gear pull? What ic do you have? Stock?
Yes, stock IC. I've removed the horizontal grille for a little extra airflow. I'll do another pull to double check but the charge temps quickly escalated on a high load highway pull in 4th. High gear pulls generate a lot of heat.

grnmachine02

Yes, stock IC. I've removed the horizontal grille for a little extra airflow. I'll do another pull to double check but the charge temps quickly escalated on a high load highway pull in 4th. High gear pulls generate a lot of heat.
Yeah, that stock intercooler is terrible. Much like a condom, it is good for one hard use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
max I've seen so far is 25.6.

Winter cold keeps temps in check for the most part. I only monitor CAT and IAT when it warms up so can't comment on temps.

you were running Cobb stg 3 on a stock IC?! you are brave... I would honestly go back to a stock or Cobb stg 2 until you reach out to Depo for an IC.

Just went out and did a 3rd through 4th pull. Here's the peak stuff:

Ambient just now was 66-72F depending on where I was on the highway.

To clarify, I was on the Cobb stage 1 before. The Stratified tune is based on my "mods". Just muffler delete, free intake mod, and intercooler grille removal. Not sure what equivalent stage they put me at but AFRs seem fine and the car performs. Granted, after a hard pull or two the charge temps rocket up due to the stock IC.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just went out and did a 3rd through 4th pull. Here's the peak stuff:

Ambient just now was 66-72F depending on where I was on the highway.

To clarify, I was on the Cobb stage 1 before. The Stratified tune is based on my "mods". Just muffler delete, free intake mod, and intercooler grille removal. Not sure what equivalent stage they put me at but AFRs seem fine and the car performs. Granted, after a hard pull or two the charge temps rocket up due to the stock IC.
25.89 is not 26. I didn't round up my 25.6. Play fair :p

I thought i read you were going to log stg 3. my fault. Either way, i think it's clear what ur next mod needs to be.

WHY I want to hold off non the Strat tune until I get a CP-E or DHM Race IC setup onto this thing. ;)
I would definitely hold off on the tune until bolted to an acceptably sexy level mods. ;)

25.89 is not 26. I didn't round up my 25.6. Play fair :p

I thought i read you were going to log stg 3. my fault. Either way, i think it's clear what ur next mod needs to be.

I would definitely hold off on the tune until bolted to an acceptably sexy level mods. ;)
I did hit 26.XX this morning :) This was just the peak when I ran outside for the quick pulls. If it hits 26.00 or greater again, I'll take another photo.

Agreed. Time for an upgraded intercooler.

so I accidentally FILLED my car with 87 octane......

Why?!? I do not know... my best guess is because I have been driving my Jeep more since the weather got colder and always put 87 in it. anyways, I put the flash back to stock and wow is the car boring on a stock tune.

no snap crackle pop, no turbo sounds, no noticeable donkey kick (the strat tune gave me some which I enjoyed) the car feels so regular...... now to waste the gas so I can put some more of the good stuff in it...

so I accidentally FILLED my car with 87 octane......

Why?!? I do not know... my best guess is because I have been driving my Jeep more since the weather got colder and always put 87 in it. anyways, I put the flash back to stock and wow is the car boring on a stock tune.

no snap crackle pop, no turbo sounds, no noticeable donkey kick (the strat tune gave me some which I enjoyed) the car feels so regular...... now to waste the gas so I can put some more of the good stuff in it...
You can always go stage 1 87 cobb