Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
so I accidentally FILLED my car with 87 octane......

Why?!? I do not know... my best guess is because I have been driving my Jeep more since the weather got colder and always put 87 in it. anyways, I put the flash back to stock and wow is the car boring on a stock tune.

no snap crackle pop, no turbo sounds, no noticeable donkey kick (the strat tune gave me some which I enjoyed) the car feels so regular...... now to waste the gas so I can put some more of the good stuff in it...
Flash back to stock until you empty the tank?

Based

Why?!? I do not know... my best guess is because I have been driving my Jeep more since the weather got colder and always put 87 in it. anyways, I put the flash back to stock and wow is the car boring on a stock tune.

no snap crackle pop, no turbo sounds, no noticeable donkey kick (the strat tune gave me some which I enjoyed) the car feels so regular...... now to waste the gas so I can put some more of the good stuff in it...
Yeah it really is noticeable if you go back to stock.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club

Faak the sounds, I would either get some ethanol in there ASAP or pussyfoot til you can add some premium gas! Do not go wot but ED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grnmachine02

So here's a stupid question. Much like the Cobb TC, I assume one must be in sport mode to have only the Stratified TC active? Also, I can't seem to find how I change the TC value through the AP. I flashed the new firmware, and I can see the new monitors, but I don't know which one is used to change the values. I'm sure it's super simple, but I can't find it.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I've hit 26 before but it's only happened a few times. At that point we are only talking about half of a pound of boost difference, which at this pressure means nothing.

Based

Ok I was just wondering if going to high in boost would blow the engine

TUX15ST

I wonder if your stock ic has anything to do with you hitting so much boost? Because the car is needing more and more boost to hit the targets because its getting such hot air?

I wonder if your stock ic has anything to do with you hitting so much boost? Because the car is needing more and more boost to hit the targets because its getting such hot air?
That would make sense to me. Though this morning it was in the low 60s and foggy/humid so charge temps were pretty tame.

Based

Probably so.

I was going to get a blow off valve this payday but I think I will get an intercooler instead just so I can have consistent and better charge temps.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Probably so.

I was going to get a blow off valve this payday but I think I will get an intercooler instead just so I can have consistent and better charge temps.
Just get a cai instead, stock turbo, u don't need a bov. If you want a bov adapter I gotta boomba one sitting around 50$

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
also smaller IC, less pressure drop maybe.

Based

Just get a cai instead, stock turbo, u don't need a bov. If you want a bov adapter I gotta boomba one sitting around 50$

The BOV I want is this one:

https://youtu.be/cfBZpGKtH5w

It makes that cool flutter sound that I've always wanted.

I think I'm just going to order an IC, then see if that BOV I want can go on the cyborg39 turbo because that's the turbo I think I am getting.