Stratified Flash Tune Review

Trader history for commonplatypus (0)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
The tune update will not just be crackles. We are adding features (such as V2 crackles and traction control) as well as enhancements to the tune itself ... expect more performance :).
^^^YES, THIS is what I like to hear!! [twothumb] [coolsmile]

Member ID
I finally had a chance to load my Stratified flash tune. Wow! I don't think they could pay me to go back to the OTS tune. The power just feels so linear and smooth. I can not recommend them enough, especially if you were like me and needed to buy the AccessPort anyway. The value can't be beat!

Member ID
Just installed my 93 oct tune today, and it feels great. The only concern i have, is that I couldn't get positive cyl correction past 3. I've seen this mentioned on here before. Is that intentional? I'm by no means tune-knowledgeable, but, does that mean there's a lot of power left unused? Was getting a full +6 on my COBB ots tune. The new Strat tune did give me 4 more psi from my previous one, and it does feel more linear. I'll have to relearn how to drive my car. With almost no accelerator input, tires would break loose. Overall, well worth the $50!

TUX15ST

Member ID
Well yes less positive corrections mean there is less power to be had with say a custom tune. Means your closer to max potential

Member ID
Well yes less positive corrections mean there is less power to be had with say a custom tune. Means your closer to max potential
So if you stay at negative 1 that's a good thing

TUX15ST

Member ID
Well negative is never really a good thing, i would rather stay at positive 1 lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
Does that also mean that if it stays at, or neat zero, there is NO 'safety margin' at all left for any unforeseen variables (fuel quality, weather conditions/DA, etc.) which might be beyond the range of the ECM's adjustments with the flash tune? [dunno]

TUX15ST

Member ID
Member ID
Good read. I monitored all 4 cyl knock counts, and did a couple pulls. No knock was recorded. Maybe it's a learning process, and I'll wait an see if the next update's a little more aggressive. :)

Just to be clear. The tune feels awesome, leaps and bounds over the COBB ots. I just think there's more that can be squeezed out if it (OCD kicking in). :)

TUX15ST

Member ID
Yes you can certainly do more squeezing for another $200 lol

Member ID
lol...In the process of getting a new house, atm. The wife would kick my ass if I spent $200 to make my car faster. Especially considering I just got a damn ticket, a couple weeks ago. :)

Based

Member ID
I wish I could monitor like 15 different things at once instead of 6. Like all 4 knock counts, all 4 ignition corrections, ambient temp and charge temp, boost pressure, oil temp, oar, and probably some other shit.

TUX15ST

Member ID
lol...in the process of getting a new house, atm. The wife would kick my ass if i spent $200 to make my car faster. Especially considering i just got a damn ticket, a couple weeks ago. :)
yeah i hear that lol, just bought my first house 2 months ago and my finance gives me a hard time about car parts too lol but i did sell my mustang so it hasnt been so bad haha

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Member ID
I wish I could monitor like 15 different things at once instead of 6. Like all 4 knock counts, all 4 ignition corrections, ambient temp and charge temp, boost pressure, oil temp, oar, and probably some other shit.
You can, it's called dataloging:)

grnmachine02

Member ID
yeah i hear that lol, just bought my first house 2 months ago and my finance gives me a hard time about car parts too lol but i did sell my mustang so it hasnt been so bad haha
Get stuff shipped to work, problem solved.

Not that I'd ever do that (They're always watching)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
I used to have stuff shipped to work (it was convenient since I was always the shipping/receiving manager), or had it held at the local UPS/FedEX store or depot, when I was still hitched.

Don't have to worry about that anymore, nor for the past 15 years. [:)]

Member ID
Probably going off topic. But, I've never fully understood the datalogging thing. Does it log all parameters? Or, just the ones you have up on the display?

Based

Member ID
Probably going off topic. But, I've never fully understood the datalogging thing. Does it log all parameters? Or, just the ones you have up on the display?
Pretty sure the tuning section of this forum has a sticky that will tell you all about it