Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Struggling to put power down

OP
L
Thread Starter #41
Thank you for the responses guys
Much appreciated

Yeh we get 215 or 225 40 tyres in jolly England
Not sure who says jolly over here though

Does anyone running bigger 215 or 225 believe it messed with handling

Thank you for the responses guys
Much appreciated

Yeh we get 215 or 225 40 tyres in jolly England
Not sure who says jolly over here though

Does anyone running bigger 215 or 225 believe it messed with handling
The downsides I have noticed are an increased propensity to tramline in ruts we have up here from all the studded tires, and increased steering effort at parking lot speeds, but the latter is hardly an issue.

I had solved the majority of my traction control issues. The biggest difference that was almost always overlooked, was alignment settings. This easily fixed the majority of my traction control issues off the bat, and the car handled much better.
try:
-DNA adjustable control arms in addition to other adjustable suspension parts. Measure your suspension parts and calculate the new alignment settings.
-Wide, sticky summer tires. I used to have a separate set of rims that I swapped to when it got cold or rainy. Had to significantly roll to the fenders in order to get the larger tire to fit.
-High end, corner balanced coilovers with stiff enough spring rates w/ compression and rebound adjusted properly
-Properly setup clutch-type LSD
-Tune adjustments, reduce the torque peak in low rpms, or limit boost in certain gears (1-2)
-Stiffer engine mounts and RMM

I have the 6pt brace but installed it alongside many other mods at the same time, so I'm not sure what difference it had. Subframe stiffness/control arm mount bracing is beneficial in almost all cases, so I see few downsides. If the chassis is too flexible, because of our MacPhearson strut design the alignment can change while under hard cornering or accelerating.
What type of alignment settings do you recommend? i've been needing an alignment for a while now lol.