Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Strut assembly single-use components?

What piece is the service manual telling me to discard and replace in this diagram? The top nut (W700212-S442)? The mount nut (W715846-S440)? Or just the mount plate+bearing? I plan to replace the mount and bearing anyway. Also, is there a right and left lower seat pad (8 in the diagram)? Or is the same part used on both sides? Every OE parts vendor I've checked only lists the one: CV1Z-5414-A.
E164671_EUR_580.JPG

Dialcaliper

That would be the locknut (nylon locknuts are often considered one-use). You can technically reuse them as long as they weren’t torqued to yield, but they should be considered non-locking. The choice (and risk) is yours.

The spring pads are the same part. If you look carefully you will notice that the springs are identical (aka one side is not wound the opposite way)

OP
O
Thread Starter #3
Perfect, thanks for the info. I'll do it by the book and replace the top (lock)nuts.