Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stumble under partial/ full load in wet weather only.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok.....to Data log all you do is hit the round button on the AP3 when your driving. My suggestion is when you think its gonna do it....record the data to try and catch it so some of us can review the data. Then you will need download the AP3 program for windows or ios/Apple. Then you will hook up the AP3 to the computer after you download the Cobb program. Doing so allows you to transfer/copy bins or files to others so they can look at them to see if they can find any irregularities in your recording.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There are some very good videos Via YOUTUBE on How to's with the accessport also If you need visual simulation.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #103
Ok. Ill try and get that loaded onto my sort of pc tonight and hope i can catch it.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #104
Question. Could the leads from the coils be bad? Like jumping spark across to the head when it starts getting wet out?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That could very well be...you can duplicate that with a spray bottle and if your in the dark its even better to be seen if that's the problem. Did you get the AP3 stuff all downloaded and ready to log when and if it rains?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #106
Not yet. Thanks for the reminder. Ive sprayed the tops with no real change. But if the leads underneath have cracks. I probably still have to change the coils. Now should i log ignition corrections? Or another spark related thing.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I highly doubt they have cracks underneath....but check them anyways. Then you will need to setup what you wanna monitor on the AP3 also.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #108
Ok. And its just a usb to Samsung type cable right.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This gives you an idea of what needs to be monitored .....this was given to me by stratified when I did my flash tune.

Fiesta/Mustang Logging Parameters:

Accel Pedal Position

Actual AFR

Airflow Mass

Boost Pressure

Charge Air Temp.

Coolant Temp.
ETC Angle Actual

Engine RPM

FRP Actual

Ign Corr. Cyl1

Ign Corr. Cyl2

Ign Corr. Cyl3

Ign Corr. Cyl4

Ign Timing Cyl3

Load Actual

Lowside FP Actual

LTFT

Oct Adj Ratio Lrn

Knock Count cyl 1

Knock Count cyl 2

Knock Count cyl 3

Knock Count cyl 4

STFT

TIP Actual Absolute

VCT Intake Angle Actual

VCT Exhaust Angle Actual

WGDC Actual

Here is a video link also

http://www.youtube.com/user/StratifiedAuto

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok. And its just a usb to Samsung type cable right.
Its a micro connector not the New C style Samsung now has and a usb on the other so you can sync the data with your computer after you record data with the AP3.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #112
Allright. I have a bunch of different cables lol. Just making sure

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #113
Ok so some things i might consider watching. Wg duty cycle ( stock wg has had 88k of hard driving and 60k of that is on a stage 3 tune) going to look at my connectors down there by the turbo and see if anything is fried. Going to check my plug gap and maybe put the step colder plugs back in. ( only had 30k on them, but im thinking of picking up another new set.

Im also wondering if my IC may be overcooling the charge air and causing the condensation thing. Its rated for 300 hp (MAP intercooler) and im not near that. Might have to do like the focus RS and make a small block off for a portion of the IC. Reason for thinking this is my charge temps are at ambient or a degree above. Any thoughts?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
That's not a bad idea I would give it a try. Technically that is why they blocked off part of the intercooler.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #115
I could just as easily swap back to my stock unit and see if the issue goes away. If it does i may want to look at a smaller aftermarket unit then. One that isnt as thick as the MAP piece.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #117
I cant find a free copy of vdyno or something similar to put on my tablet yet. Been busy as hell too.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well did you download The Cobb AP3 program at least so you can move files from the AP3 to the computer to be transmitted to someone who can analyze it?

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #119
Yeah i did do that, at least im pretty sure i got the right accessport manager from cobb's site.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok...now...When you issue happens....does it happen consecutively when it starts to happen? So when it does are you able to hit the Round button on the AVP3 to record data to be interpreted?