Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SYNC update (Gen2 - 3.7)

Just wondering has anyone done the Sync update yet?

I recently got a letter in the mail telling me to update my sync from Gen2 - V3.6.2 --> Gen2 - V3.7

just wondering if anyone has run into any problems with the new firmware =P

Apparently it takes about half anhour to install and has to be installed with the engine on, kinda silly but make sense I guess =P

I'm currently downloading it on a USB key and I'll install it this evening. This update is huuuuge (about 500mb). I'm wondering if there will be any noticeable change [dunno]. The 5 year warranty extension is a good thing though.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I'm currently downloading it on a USB key and I'll install it this evening. This update is huuuuge (about 500mb). I'm wondering if there will be any noticeable change [dunno]. The 5 year warranty extension is a good thing though.
I did this update about a month go and really didn't notice much of a change...

I did the update last month too, and the only things really that it changes are :

1. Minor interface change in the navigation menu (now there is an indicator that shows navigation mute, whereas before there was none)
2. Slight changes in the position of the navigation buttons.
3. SYNC no longer seems (at least for me) to mistake the contact who texts you.

Other than that, there was a visual glitch while shutting SYNC down that happened once last night.

Also, sometimes when you close the car with sirius playing and start it back up later, there is no sound coming from the speakers. You need to chose something else, like FM or AM, and then come back to sirius for it to play again. Changing the sirius station does nothing. I would say it happens 50 % of the time. I don't remember it doing that before I updated.

I also live in Montreal, so average temperature here is about -15 c, so it may be the cold ?

Anyhow, really nothing major changes from the update. It takes about 30 to 45 minutes and you need a FAT32 formatted usb drive.

Also, sometimes when you close the car with sirius playing and start it back up later, there is no sound coming from the speakers. You need to chose something else, like FM or AM, and then come back to sirius for it to play again. Changing the sirius station does nothing. I would say it happens 50 % of the time. I don't remember it doing that before I updated.

I also live in Montreal, so average temperature here is about -15 c, so it may be the cold ?
Mine always do this glitch with sirius. I was hoping the update would correct it...

My USB port isn't recognizing there is a USB stick present after the update, at least for the one day I messed with it. Will test it again soon. Besides that I notice no change.

OP
L
Thread Starter #8
My USB port isn't recognizing there is a USB stick present after the update, at least for the one day I messed with it. Will test it again soon. Besides that I notice no change.
just make sure you remove the usb with the installation file first

otherwise maybe you need to bring it to a dealer =[

Based on a recent conversation with my dealer, I have decided NOT to do the update...at least until others have reported it is stable. It seems that with every update I've installed in several Ford vehicles (with both Sync and MFT) since 2009, they're typically seems to be some features that are removed and sometimes broken.

I just bought a new 2014 F150 Lariat with MFT (no NAV) and my dealer delivered it with V3.6.2 instead of the available V3.7. The reason they gave me focused on the relative stability of V3.6.2 and several "undefined" problems they have seen with customer's vehicles that were updated to V3.7. I have not had any problems with V3.6.2 in either my F150 or my 2014 FiST (no NAV). So, given my past frustration with Sync/MFT on other Ford products...I will stay with V3.6.2 until there is a compelling reason to update. Your results may vary...

Based on a recent conversation with my dealer, I have decided NOT to do the update...at least until others have reported it is stable. It seems that with every update I've installed in several Ford vehicles (with both Sync and MFT) since 2009, they're typically seems to be some features that are removed and sometimes broken.

I just bought a new 2014 F150 Lariat with MFT (no NAV) and my dealer delivered it with V3.6.2 instead of the available V3.7. The reason they gave me focused on the relative stability of V3.6.2 and several "undefined" problems they have seen with customer's vehicles that were updated to V3.7. I have not had any problems with V3.6.2 in either my F150 or my 2014 FiST (no NAV). So, given my past frustration with Sync/MFT on other Ford products...I will stay with V3.6.2 until there is a compelling reason to update. Your results may vary...
Sucks to be you! Your're missing out on super slick new features like the Nav change from "Estimated Time to Destination" to "Estimated Time of Arrival" and the button that indicates the nav is muted ;p

I honestly don't understand the UX of the nav mute button. It's a double negative. When you click it it indicates "Yes, the nav is muted." Why wouldn't they use a speaker button indicating sound on or off?

Sucks to be you! Your're missing out on super slick new features like the Nav change from "Estimated Time to Destination" to "Estimated Time of Arrival" and the button that indicates the nav is muted ;p

I honestly don't understand the UX of the nav mute button. It's a double negative. When you click it it indicates "Yes, the nav is muted." Why wouldn't they use a speaker button indicating sound on or off?
First...it's GREAT to be me! My post indicates that my MFT does NOT have Nav. What other "slick" new features can you point to?

First...it's GREAT to be me! My post indicates that my MFT does NOT have Nav. What other "slick" new features can you point to?
Well.. Map content for Europe and Australia/New Zealand regions? Super useful for when I for when I ferry my FiST across the ocean to OZ! Groundbreaking stuff!!

That's about it...

me32

1000 Post Club

Sounds like your dealer fed you a bunch of crap because they dont want to do it. In fact most dealers dont even know there is an update yet. Also sales doesnt do updates the service department does. Soeqking to the techs are normally the best way to get the correct information. But since you dont have nav this update may not offer much for you.

kjm

Before if I received a call the changeover to phone was clunky, sometimes playing a split second of music in between and the caller could hear it. It seems to be better now...

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I updated my FiST on 1/8/15. Yesterday, the GPS stopped working, then the radio stopped working. Prior to that, everything was working fine. When I got home, I got on the Ford website, and found that there was another update for the Fiesta ST. This time, the update took several minutes longer and there was a verbal and on screen instruction to press OK on the screen, and then pull the USB. I'm wondering if others had the same problem with the earlier release.

me32

1000 Post Club
I updated mine on both the fusion an the st
Both seem to be working fine an seem a little quicker on the reponse to things.

Mine updated fine, went all the way through until the final "ok" screen, uploaded my update info to Ford and all that. SYNC has crashed entirely twice now. If I get a text message, the notification pops up and if I don't choose an option it crashes and takes ~4-5 minutes to reboot. Awful.

Mine is working fine now. I was going to do a reset, but first I tried a different USB drive with it, and it recognized it. (My only issue was the drive not being recognized.) Then put back in my usual music USB and it recognized it and indexed no problem.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Try going back online tomorrow, see if you get another update. The one I got had a voice come on at the end telling me to wait until the program exited until I pulled the USB stick.