Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync2 MFT GPS Module Location

So, I bought this 2015 FiST with Sync 2 w/ MyFordTouch. The Compass just shows two lines (--) and the date is super wrong. It was 2011 when I bought the car, and after diagnosing with Ford customer service and resetting modules, it is now 2010, which seems to be the default year.

I can only assume that the GPS Module is bad at this point. For the Focus it looks like the GPSM is mounted to the top of the windshield behind the rear view mirror. Is that true for the Fiesta too, or is it located somewhere else?

This car was wrecked a few times since new, and there isn't anything except the mirror mounted to my windshield, so if one is SUPPOSED to be there I think we can assume that is my issue. If it's elsewhere, I can at least get down to it and make sure it is there and do some more diagnosing.

Worst case is I'll pay the local Ford dealer $95 to diagnose for me, x.x

Thanks all!

koozy

3000 Post Club
IIRC, there’s a cable tucked up along the headliner that’s supposed to plug into it. In the mean time, try to find that. You can search for an image of how it’s mounted, it’s basically double sided tape if I remember correctly.

OP
MetalMatty
Thread Starter #5
IIRC, there’s a cable tucked up along the headliner that’s supposed to plug into it. In the mean time, try to find that. You can search for an image of how it’s mounted, it’s basically double sided tape if I remember correctly.
Yup, if it mounts the same as the Focus (which it must) it just uses double sided tape. Some have also mounted with Velcro if the tape fails.

Thanks!

Something is really weird here. The Fiesta ST first model year here was 2014. MFT began in 2013 in other vehicles

koozy

3000 Post Club
my 2014 is OG with MFT. I see nothing weird. Ford used what they had, which was a deal with Microsoft to support MFT that carried over from their earlier line up.

OP
MetalMatty
Thread Starter #9
my 2014 is OG with MFT. I see nothing weird. Ford used what they had, which was a deal with Microsoft to support MFT.
I'm confused... My date says it's 2010 and can't be adjusted and my compass doesn't work... Hence the post, lol.

koozy

3000 Post Club
See about updating the software if it’s not up to date. FordPass may tell you if there’s an update for the VIN. But I suspect it’s the GPS module that’s tied in with time/date.

OP
MetalMatty
Thread Starter #12
See about updating the software if it’s not up to date. FordPass may tell you if there’s an update for the VIN. But I suspect it’s the GPS module that’s tied in with time/date.
Ford does SHOW there's an update, but when I try to update it it says it's already updated. Under system information on the car it also already shows 3.10.

OP
MetalMatty
Thread Starter #14
3.1 is the latest I think, it's what I updated to last year.
Correct. The radio is fully updated, and I know now that I don't have the right windshield, or probably even the GPSM, so I'm guessing that's why my date/compass don't function, lol.