Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MFT weirdness and random observations.

So my car's MFT has stopped making the beep noise when touching buttons on the screen. I didn't turn it off and it says it is turned on according to my MFT's settings. But no beeps even after restarting the car. What gives?

And just a minor rant. Why is there not a volume control for the touch beep? I would've liked to turn it down but not off.

Other random things.

I've noticed that the turn signal doesn't keep a consistent tempo. It subtly slows down and speeds up. It's not that big a deal and I chalk it up to part of the car's character. Besides, I'm sure it is an issue the dealership will say they can't reproduce.

And the turn signal noise is very quiet. Can barely hear it when just idling.

The ebrake doesn't grab at all until pulled all the way back to the last notch. And even then it won't hold the car on a slight incline without the car being in gear.

The other day the MFT locked up when trying to select a playlist on my iPhone. Hitting the source button returned the MFT to the home screen but didn't fix the issue. Restarting the car fixed it.

Also, my map goes schizophrenic at dusk continuously switching back and forth between day and night mode. And with the slow map refresh rate it makes it frustrating trying to actually use the map during that time. I thought I turned off the auto-dimming but it still seems to do it.

Not sure if there is a fix for any of these issues. But it felt good to rant and see if anyone else has had the same issues.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Hmm, my ebrake is really tight. 3 clicks and its good to go.

The only MFT thing I cant seem to figure out is when you try to connect to wifi. No matter what it wont connect.

I had the issues where Sync stopped making the beep noise, and even stopped taking commands entirely. Ended up doing a factory reset through the settings to fix it, but lost all settings. Not a huge deal, but annoying. I'll bring it up when I take the car in for its first service.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Hmm, my ebrake is really tight. 3 clicks and its good to go.

The only MFT thing I cant seem to figure out is when you try to connect to wifi. No matter what it wont connect.
Is the wifi passworded ? I thought I saw it can't handle more than a 6 or 12 letter password or something silly like that .. I quit trying long ago with this stuff.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Is the wifi passworded ? I thought I saw it can't handle more than a 6 or 12 letter password or something silly like that .. I quit trying long ago with this stuff.
I've tried with and without a password. I tried using my phone as a hot spot and my actual WiFi. It never connects. Quite frustrating

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Tell me about it.
I dont even know what the perks of connecting to wifi are? Update the firmware? lol

What version of MFT do the Fiestas ship with? On my Focus there is a way to set the auto settings for brightness so there is a delay, it keeps it from flickering at dawn and dusk and when going through tunnels. If you go to settings, display then set auto dim to on, mode to auto, manual offset to plus 1 it should eliminate the flicker. You may need to play with the offset for your particular area.

OP
FineTooned
Thread Starter #10
I was considering doing a factory reset,Sikedsyko. What all gets wiped? Radio presets? Bluetooth pairing? Saved gps locations? Saved background images?

CanadianST

Never ran into any of these problems so far. My ebrake is also very tight, a few clicks and it's good to go. Sounds like you just need to adjust it. As for the MFT stuff I haven't the slightest clue, electronics and wiring are the bane of my existence.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Problems with Bluetooth and WiFi, I have found are very phone specific. For example, I was able to get messages read to me from my Iphone 4S, but after an update this connectivity disappeared. My daughter has an iphone 5s, no problems with her phone. My new phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5. No problems with bluetooth, WiFi, ect on this phone. Very selective performance between the MFT and a specific phone.

Also, make sure you have the latest MFT software.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I thought the Wifi feature in the sync system was just for sharing a USB-based wifi connection with the car... and not for connecting the car to any outside wifi sources.

Useless, yes.

XuperXero

The ebrake doesn't grab at all until pulled all the way back to the last notch. And even then it won't hold the car on a slight incline without the car being in gear.
Same issue here... Mandatory to put into gear on any incline. I may look into adjusting it.

Hey Rodmoe, care to look up your Helms manual on where the ebrake adjustment is located?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Same issue here... Mandatory to put into gear on any incline. I may look into adjusting it.

Hey Rodmoe, care to look up your Helms manual on where the ebrake adjustment is located?
Looks like the adjuster is on the ebrake lever in the console

With my Focus I have my wifi hotspot SSID set to FBI_SURV1, just to get peoples attention. I am sure not many people see it, but the ones that do are probably scratching their heads. As far as actual uses of the hotspot, I guess that is to be determined.

OP
FineTooned
Thread Starter #18
Ok. Just an update. The touchscreen beep came back yesterday. Just out of the blue with no rhyme or reason. Glad it's back but I don't like that it is such a randomly occurring error.

But I also noticed something else about the MFT that's annoying. When plugging in the iPhone, the MFT doesn't remember where your iPhone left off last time you were listening to it. It doesn't remember what playlist you were listening to either. It just automatically starts with the alphabetically first song on the phone. Lame.

And also, if you switch to another media input, it doesn't pause the iPhone. The iPhone just keeps on playing through the library.

I feel I now have a strong understanding of the negative reputation the MFT has developed. I wonder if Ford would address any of these issues with updates to the software. Not holding my breath.