Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TDavis' Platinum Warrior build

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #245
Got the shim in last night. Just drops in and is held in place by the bearing race. Here's the $90 shim. Whilst the other shim prices were only $1.50 explain that's shit Ford 😂. You'll notice the packing date on the package. It's 20 years old
IMG_20200716_071907.jpg

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #246
Already got 110 miles on the new engine. Got the shim and trans put back on friday night. The noise is still there but its quieter. It's something you need to listen for. I feel everyone whos gotten the mFactory has the noise but they cant hear it over their exhaust/tire noise. It only makes sense because of the helical design and more load being on the driveline. Plus, I'm REALLY anal/sensitive when it comes to noises so I attribute that to it as well lol.

Also, ordered a symposer delete while I was at it. I drove my friends FiST who has the MBRP exhaust with a catless DP and couldn't really tell a difference in cabin sound but I'm sure its there. I've always been meaning to get one but it was low on the list.

Car roasts both front wheels now coming out of corners lol. Won't get a real test until a track day.

IMG_20200720_164641.jpg
IMG_20200720_183328.jpg
IMG_20200720_183500.jpg
IMG_20200716_180258.jpg

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #248
Glad to hear it’s up and running again.
Thanks, I can't wait to test out the LSD on the track. The guy who picked up your SVT rear brakes was my friends brother who I work with. He was talking about how you emphasized an LSD which made me more excited lol

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thanks, I can't wait to test out the LSD on the track. The guy who picked up your SVT rear brakes was my friends brother who I work with. He was talking about how you emphasized an LSD which made me more excited lol
Just wait man. It’s the single best modification to this car along with a big radiator. I kind of wish I had a bone stock Fiesta ST with a radiator and MFactory LSD to flog around town in.
I’m glad my brakes went to a good home. His brother told me about the long block build. Sounds waaay faster than mine lol.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #250
Not trying to sound like a broken record with the LSD deal but holy shit does it change the car. 11/10 would recommend for first mod. The car was amazing on track. Just need to dial in the suspension IMG_20200915_153836.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If it wouldn't take almost $3K I don't have, out of my budget for brakes and suspension, this would have been done already. [wink]

My biggest gripe with Ford about this car is NOT all of the little shit that everyone else is bothered by, nor even the major shit of their crap paint/paint prep work, but it is that they did not even offer us an even extra-cost OPTION to have a limited slip installed, right from the factory. [:(]

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #252
Welp mark me on the list for corrosion around the antenna IMG_20200928_182359.jpg

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #253
Haven't spoiled my car in awhile and just got a promotion at work so I figure I'd get myself a late christmas present. Ordered my TB Performance Crash bar in white powdercoat with the tow hook option. I will soon order the BA intercooler to go with it.

Erick_V

Haven't spoiled my car in awhile and just got a promotion at work so I figure I'd get myself a late christmas present. Ordered my TB Performance Crash bar in white powdercoat with the tow hook option. I will soon order the BA intercooler to go with it.
I’d love to know the difference in weight between OEM and the TB unit. It’s very fairly priced all things considered

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #256
I’d love to know the difference in weight between OEM and the TB unit. It’s very fairly priced all things considered
I found online somewhere it said 17lbs lighter

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #257
Crash bar shipped Friday. Ordered it Tuesday. Pretty quick considering its made to order and I chose to have it powdercoated

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I'm probably going to go with Danny's trunk brace, since it seems that the Swave alloy one from Ron is a total no go at this point. [wink]