Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TDavis' Platinum Warrior build

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #302
nice! I have the same ones but red.

find some more foam double-sided tape, the strongest you can find that won't melt, as I've found what they included in the kit only stuck for a month or 2
You might've been the person I asked where you got it on Facebook lol

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
This particular OCC is the Damond Motorsports. I got the 1" sleeve and it fit perfectly
I have the same OCC. Put the sleeves they sell optionally on and they were hard to put on and collect dust and crap easily. I'll look for some 1" sleeve like you got there. Looks nice.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #306
Got my stock headlights out of storage that had like 150miles on them to put on since I've sold my current retrofit. Looks odd as I've seen this car with the retrofit for most it's life 😂. Don't look bad, just odd.

Hoping this will kick my butt into gear to finish my current retrofit with the euro lights
IMG_20220729_200734.jpg

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #307
Ordered some G2 caliper paint. I've always wanted to try their paint as I've read nothing but good reviews on it. It'll definitely test my patience considering it's brush on but I'm up for it.

The color I chose was Grabber Blue from the Mustangs. I think it'll look lovely. It'll definitely look better then the matte red that my front calipers have turned to and my rear chipping calipers.

IMG_20220903_144930.jpg
IMG_20220903_144936.jpg

Ordered some G2 caliper paint. I've always wanted to try their paint as I've read nothing but good reviews on it. It'll definitely test my patience considering it's brush on but I'm up for it.

The color I chose was Grabber Blue from the Mustangs. I think it'll look lovely. It'll definitely look better then the matte red that my front calipers have turned to and my rear chipping calipers.

View attachment 51194
View attachment 51195
are you planning on sandblasting them or something? or just scuffing and putting it on?

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #309
are you planning on sandblasting them or something? or just scuffing and putting it on?
Just cleaning them up thoroughly and scuffing them. Not much needed to apply, just obviously have to clean tf out of it and scuff it. Kit comes with some brake clean too lol

re-rx7

1000 Post Club

View attachment 51194
View attachment 51195
Where did you buy this?

Ordered a set of Euro headlights. The plan is to retrofit them with better HID projectors and paint the inner plastics. I'm going for this look here.

My current retrofit might be up for sale eventually.
View attachment 43399
Im "working" on the exact same project. I started it 2 years ago. Got the first headlight apart, but then the second has been a huge PITA. I worked on it again a few months ago. I'll get there eventually.

You're gonna like the G2. Ive used it on a few cars (gold on the FiST) and it holds up great. Just use it quickly as the two part setup won't stay around for touchups.

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #315
Where did you buy this?
From G2's website

Im "working" on the exact same project. I started it 2 years ago. Got the first headlight apart, but then the second has been a huge PITA. I worked on it again a few months ago. I'll get there eventually.
Yeah I finally got one apart after not caring for awhile lol. Trimmed the projector bracket, just need to see if it fits now. It's been a slow process.

You're gonna like the G2. Ive used it on a few cars (gold on the FiST) and it holds up great. Just use it quickly as the two part setup won't stay around for touchups.
Yeah I hear you have 4-6 hours depending on temperature once the activator is mixed in

OP
TDavis

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #317
Got my calipers painted this weekend not 100% perfect but damn better then they were. With paint on applications its not gonna be 100% smooth, thats just the nature of the beast. But its self leveling and theres 0 brush stroke marks. It's an epoxy paint thats really durable and will last
IMG_20220924_131810_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20220924_131823_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20220924_232620.jpg
IMG_20220924_235954.jpg
IMG_20220924_235823.jpg

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Got my calipers painted this weekend not 100% perfect but damn better then they were. With paint on applications its not gonna be 100% smooth, thats just the nature of the beast. But its self leveling and theres 0 brush stroke marks. It's an epoxy paint thats really durable and will last
View attachment 51558
View attachment 51559
View attachment 51560
View attachment 51561
View attachment 51562
Looks great man