Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TEI Racing BBK info

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #28
I was expecting the style where it has 2 pins you take out to slide the pads out the top
IMHO, you have the TEI caliper.....Not to derail the TEI focus here but if you look at the pics, it's becoming clearer that Ron might just be rebranding TEI. Let's not debate Ron's BBK to death here tho. We have a thread for that.

That being said, it's still kinda relevant that the kit we want to GB direct may be, as some suspected, the very Whoosh BBK that introduced us all to TEI in the 1st place! Maybe we debate it here but at the same time, our TEI contact has eyes on this thread...so it may be in our best collective interest to take this back to the other thread. I leave it to the Internets to decide.

Anywho I still gotta make this point cuz the TEI pic for comparison is in here already! Plus, I can already hear @Dpro giving me shit for posting a TEI pic in the Whoosh thread :p lmao

SO, notice the pic in the 1st post. See the bolt that is dead top center? That's the same place the bolt is on the Whoosh calipers Ludeem1 is selling. I can only assume the red TEI caliper above has the same 4 male torx bolts on the other side of it. Ludeem1, If you can post a pic of the other side of your caliper (plus any other angles, if you don't mind), I bet it's a close match to the pic TEI sent me...please post it...pretty please... :cool: cuz that may settle it. Not that receiving TEI branded pads isn't already a smoking gun of sorts. Like, if you're gonna tell customers it's not a WizzieWah widget, don't put WizzieWah parts in the box o_O:whistle::eek:

Whoosh/TEI look-a-like shipped to @Ludeem1
1673038790889.png

Now look at the pics from Whoosh. Not a single one of the pics he used has a bolt in that location. Whoosh shows the double pin, top loaded caliper in ALL of his pics....da fuck? "Pictures shown may not represent the actual item received" NO, Whoosh's site doesn't say that anywhere! You should be able to get a refund.

1673038663656.png

This debate MAY, again i say MAY (don't attack me pls :p) just be over. The caliper whoosh delivered is looking a helluvah lot like the TEI. The pics hold the key. Save us @Ludeem1 !!!

Let's PLEASE keep this thread focused on our community effort to buy ISO certified calipers direct from TEI ! Who am i kidding, right? lol

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #29
pics of my Calipers below do not look like the Calipers at the top of this thread . Looks like Hank is trying to market a different set!
But it does look like Hank may have sent some to Whoosh lol

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #32
Thanks for the pics.

I give up tho. That looks like yet another caliper design...that uses TEI pads but isn't a TEI caliper but probably is but who knows. Don't care anymore what tomfoolery Ron is up too. I'm all about Hank right now lol I know ur in here Hank. Start an account and join us! :)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
But it does look like Hank may have sent some to Whoosh lol
Ya I am not going to yell at you in the other thread:LOL: Maybe Hank sent some of the wrong Calipers to Ron and Ron sent them out to Ludeem without opening because pallet of Caliper boxes all look the same outside says 330mm Big Brake.
It happens in shipping.
Rebranding is nothing new and lots of people do it. I also cannot blame anyone for not wanting to tell people who their source is. Common business rebrand practice . Car guys just tend to get nosy about this stuff:LOL:.
Anyways interesting convo and back to your end goal.

Here's some photos. Lets just say I'm not happy. The finish is a light blue. Doesn't match pictures on site for finish. Obviously different brake retention design. One of hte pads friction material was damaged, and the screw doesn't sit flush. Hopefully I can just get my money back for the brakes and spacers and be done with this adventure. This is all pictures from the one caliper I unwrapped from the shrinkwrap.

Attachments

Here's some photos. Let’s just say I'm not happy. The finish is a light blue. Doesn't match pictures on site for finish. Obviously different brake retention design. One of hte pads friction material was damaged, and the screw doesn't sit flush. Hopefully I can just get my money back for the brakes and spacers and be done with this adventure. This is all pictures from the one caliper I unwrapped from the shrinkwrap.
Out of the box paint was already chipped on the end of the big bolt on top of the caliper. You can see it in the pictures. I wasn’t too concerned as you can’t really tell when it’s on the car. Also when I opened the box it smelled like paint. I wonder if the paint wasn’t cured and when I took the shrink wrap off it stuck to the paint and chipped it

Attachments

Here's some photos. Lets just say I'm not happy. The finish is a light blue. Doesn't match pictures on site for finish. Obviously different brake retention design. One of hte pads friction material was damaged, and the screw doesn't sit flush. Hopefully I can just get my money back for the brakes and spacers and be done with this adventure. This is all pictures from the one caliper I unwrapped from the shrinkwrap.
Have you contacted Ron? If you get your money back let me know. I feel no one is gonna wanna but this kit from me

I just emailed Ron. I told him about the different pad retention and paint chip. I told him I want to return the kit. Hoping he lets me return it. I also have to return the EBC brakes that didn’t fit. If he tries to send me the kit the others have gotten I will decline. I decided I will go with Wilwood