Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tell us what you think! Vote on Fiesta ST Brake Ducts by Mishimoto!

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

Would you like to see Mishimoto develop Brake Ducts for the Fiesta ST?

• Absolutely! Why is this not already on my car!?

Votes: 110 90.2%
  • Not on this Fiesta!

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • meh. Doesn't make a difference to me.

Votes: 11 9.0%

• Total voters

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Speed bumps would crush those tubes I think.
I too do NOT want to loose my fog lights.

I would think tubs over the axels and inlets next to the fogs if possible.

Dave

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #22
Maybe something that replaces that dam and looks/fits OEM so we wouldn't have to cut into anything...?
Speed bumps would crush those tubes I think.
I too do NOT want to loose my fog lights.

I would think tubs over the axels and inlets next to the fogs if possible.

Dave
Thanks for the feedback! We would have to talk with our engineering team to come up with a plan for this project, but we will keep you posted with the details. We certainly think it is worth looking into!
-Sara

meFiSTo

Some kind of brake cooling for tracked cars is always something that HPDE enthusiasts will embrace. I implemented Porsche 993 deflectors attached to my lower control arms. It's helped in the past (at least a prior car never suffered much from fade), but something that gets air flowing right into the caliper/pads is likely to provide more help. Even though I have a solution in place, I'd consider a package designed specifically for this car to replace it. My stuff is VERY easy to remove (it's actually off for the winter).

J2FoRS

Some kind of brake cooling for tracked cars is always something that HPDE enthusiasts will embrace. I implemented Porsche 993 deflectors attached to my lower control arms. It's helped in the past (at least a prior car never suffered much from fade), but something that gets air flowing right into the caliper/pads is likely to provide more help. Even though I have a solution in place, I'd consider a package designed specifically for this car to replace it. My stuff is VERY easy to remove (it's actually off for the winter).
Do you have pics installed? Like these?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Brakes ducts would be a welcome option. If I could afford them, I would buy them. Our E-diff is the biggest issue with our brake system, but cooling the brakes helps EVERYTHING.

meFiSTo

Hmmm. I have the Porsche 993 fins now, but if there was a solid option that cleanly replaced the fog lamp and plastic bits in that space in the bumper cover -- AND routed air directly to the brake, well, that might be worth looking at for sure. The fins as they are do create air flow in that space (which is good), but I'm not sure they really substantively cool the brakes in an optimal way (pretty sure it's not optimal). It is comparatively cheap and seemed to work on prior car.

Show us what you gots, Mishimoto.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #34
Even with the Wilwood BBK I'd be in for these but not before the radiator!
I'm in, fog lights or not.
Brakes ducts would be a welcome option. If I could afford them, I would buy them. Our E-diff is the biggest issue with our brake system, but cooling the brakes helps EVERYTHING.
I also wouldnt buy if i had to remove fog lights
Hmmm. I have the Porsche 993 fins now, but if there was a solid option that cleanly replaced the fog lamp and plastic bits in that space in the bumper cover -- AND routed air directly to the brake, well, that might be worth looking at for sure. The fins as they are do create air flow in that space (which is good), but I'm not sure they really substantively cool the brakes in an optimal way (pretty sure it's not optimal). It is comparatively cheap and seemed to work on prior car.

Show us what you gots, Mishimoto.
Thanks for your feedback and interest on this project! We are currently in the research stage of this product, in order to decide if we can realistically design and create a product that is worthwhile for you guys. Your feedback helps quite a bit during this time to make sure that we are looking into the proper product design and function. We will keep you in the loop as the process continues and if we decide to move forward with R&D.
Thanks again!
-Sara

I'm in and I'm also not willing to give up my fog lights.

I have upgraded front brakes and more cooling never hurts!

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #36
I'm in and I'm also not willing to give up my fog lights.

I have upgraded front brakes and more cooling never hurts!
Wow that is some serious braking power! We will certainly do our best to retain Fiesta's features in our design and I will keep everyone updates if we decide to move forward with this project.
-Sara

Young L

I did this same thing except as a air intake. In the picture I used the duct on the left side more over on the right side since it followed the curve of that air dam. with the back of it offset more toward the wheels I haven't had any issues with it being close to the road.

I saw this approach posted on another forum as to where brake ducts could be located....Not sure if who ever posted this is also a member here on our forum?
View attachment 6856

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #38
I did this same thing except as a air intake. In the picture I used the duct on the left side more over on the right side since it followed the curve of that air dam. with the back of it offset more toward the wheels I haven't had any issues with it being close to the road.
Thanks for the feedback!

-Sara

Chuckable

I'd like to see this product as well, but keeping the fog lights. There looks to be enough room on the passenger side to utilize the space next to the fog light for a vent. On the driver's side it may mean replacing the windshield washer reservoir with something smaller or a thick plastic bag instead of a rigid plastic container. There's just not much space back there.

I can imagine the price of a complete kit being pretty high though: new fog light bezels, ducts, new dust shields, hardware, (possibly a new windshield washer reservoir), etc. It's got to be difficult to figure out how to make a good product at a price the market will accept while still making a profit.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #40
I'd like to see this product as well, but keeping the fog lights. There looks to be enough room on the passenger side to utilize the space next to the fog light for a vent. On the driver's side it may mean replacing the windshield washer reservoir with something smaller or a thick plastic bag instead of a rigid plastic container. There's just not much space back there.

I can imagine the price of a complete kit being pretty high though: new fog light bezels, ducts, new dust shields, hardware, (possibly a new windshield washer reservoir), etc. It's got to be difficult to figure out how to make a good product at a price the market will accept while still making a profit.
You're spot on! We have to go through and evaluate those things nearly every day. Thank you for your feedback, we really do appreciate it!

-Sara