Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Test Fitting Spacers

Taz

I'm planning on using spacers to test how far out my wheels can go whilst retaining good clearance ready for the new wheels I plan to buy, just so I know what offset I should order. It's especially necessary with the SS-Tuning extended arches I plan to buy, which are themselves 20mm wide. Because it's only for a one off test fitting of my stock wheels I'm going as cheap as possible. The cheapest I could find are some second hand 20mm spacers on ebay. My guess is that with the extended arches I'm looking more at 30mm, 40mm if I choose to roll the arches. My question is, are you able to stack spacers on top of one another? Please remember, this is ONLY for wheel clearance test purposes rather than for actual driving, so safety isn't an issue.

If you are not driving on it, then stack away. It really doesn’t matter.

By the way, I have 20 mm spacers for sale, if you like.

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #3
If you are not driving on it, then stack away. It really doesn’t matter.

By the way, I have 20 mm spacers for sale, if you like.

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering whether it was physically possible to stack them, or would their design prevent it in some way. But yep, it's just for test purposes. I'm only going to do one of the front wheels to get the right measurements, then take them straight off again. I'm really looking forward to this, because once the arches and new wheels are fitted my car is going to look even more different than it does now. :cool:

Thanks for the offer on the spacers, but for small things like this I'll be buying locally. I was even hoping I could somehow borrow a set from a garage somewhere, but I think I'll have to buy a cheap used set.