Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The wannabe ST

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #21
This thread has been so much fun to read. In 2019, I tried to save miles on my ST by buying a base model Fiesta S with a manual transmission for commuting. That car was legitimately awesome to drive. The NA motor wasn't fast but the car really handled like a dream. Combined with the 5-speed, it was such a good daily. I only ever sold it because I hated not having cruise control for long drives. If I ever cross paths with a 5-speed SE for a reasonable price, hope my wife isn't around because I'm buying it.
I appreciate the love. This car has honestly been the best $5,000 I have ever spent. I just maintain it and drive the crap out of it.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #22
Wow, you’re used those brakes harder than I’ve ever used mine. That’s awesome that you are pushing your fiesta that hard.
I'm constantly fighting myself between, Do I upgrade the brakes more on the SE or just wait for a deal on an ST lol. Good brake fluid is key to avoid any fade.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #24
Picked up a '19 after my '08 R6S was trashed in a 65 MPH rear-ender.
https://www.r6-forum.com/threads/4-000lbs-vs-400lbs.452136/
Previous owner kept it stock and barely rode it so the engine was still breaking in.
Reading that post sounds like you got knocked pretty hard. Glad to hear you are back on 2 wheels, many would have never touched them again after something like that. Thankfully I haven't gone down yet on mine. I'm hoping to financially support a second motorcycle in the 300-400cc class to take to the track and learn to ride better and faster.

Last edited:
OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #25
The egg got some love over the long weekend. I finally installed my swift spec r springs, oil change, camber bolts, fresh rotors, hawk hp+ pads and fresh castrol srf brake fluid.
got an alignment and the car sits at -2 camber up front with 0 toe. -1.7 camber in the rear with 0.4 toe in. I unfortunately couldn’t find my measuring tape to measure the exact drop for the springs. But it looks to be around 1.5” drop.
this new setup lets me throttle out of a corner much sooner with all the new front end grip and better rotation. Still on stock wheels with 195/50/15 federal rs pros. See pics below for height reference. IMG_8707.jpeg IMG_8708.jpeg IMG_8710.jpeg IMG_8616.jpeg IMG_8617.jpeg IMG_8614.jpeg

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #26
The pictures in the street were right after I installed them so I don't think they had settled just yet. The pictures in the mountain were after driving for 3 hours so I think they are plenty settled by then.
I'm taking this car to grid life for sundae cup. This car isn't any where near the max of the rule set so I'm just going for fun vibes. A podium would be cool tho lol

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #27
With sundae cup at willow springs being at the end of the month and my new alignment and suspension feeling better than the previous stock setup. I decided to splurge and get some new wheels and RT660 ( I needed the rt660s anyways since it’s the spec tire for the class). I’m hoping this gives me a good shot at going for the podium now. I picked these wheels because they’re both 4x100 and 4x108 since I want to go get back into an integra eventually these wheels will be perfect. IMG_8808.jpeg IMG_8809.jpeg
side note: tire rack has a $100 instant rebate on RT660 so you basically get $100 off right away :)

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #28
The sundae cup spec setup just showed up last night.
205/50/15 RT660 (20lbs)
15x8 +28 motegis (16lbs)
I was hoping this setup would be lighter. It looks like it’s going to weigh 36 pounds total. I’ll be weighing stock vs this setup once I’m swapping. Then I’ll be going to my local canyon to test for rubbing. IMG_9030.jpeg 36868387-D3C9-4E4F-A738-2209B5FB4B81.jpeg IMG_9034.jpeg

Intuit

3000 Post Club
There is some tuck as the suspension compresses, but with that amount of poke, I'd be little surprised if there wasn't some fender contact there. 🤔 Hope it works out! That'll be another PIA if it doesn't.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #33
Looks good! Any rubbing at full compression?
There is some tuck as the suspension compresses, but with that amount of poke, I'd be little surprised if there wasn't some fender contact there. 🤔 Hope it works out! That'll be another PIA if it doesn't.
No rubbing at full lock or at full compression. I went to two mountains this weekend. One was a high speed mountain with lots of long sweepers, and another with very tight corners, hair pins and such. I didn't experience any contact. Even hitting my favorite jump on one of the roads didn't lead to any contact. So I think I should be good :) The car could still use more camber to even out the tire wear.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nice to see another rare silver one out there. Have only seen one other in person since 2014. Nice thing is that they don't show scratches!

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #35
Nice to see another rare silver one out there. Have only seen one other in person since 2014. Nice thing is that they don't show scratches!
This car has gotten pretty banged up since I acquired it. Lots of rock chips, cracked bumper, and more. but you're right, after a wash the good paint hides most of it. Some people don't notice until I point it out to them

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #40
I think I briefly mentioned somewhere in this thread that I occasionally do some instructing. I had been doing it previously un certified and I was more of a backup for when the certified instructors couldn't make it. I am now a certified HPDE instructor. Wanted to share it on my own thread. I plan to learn more to better instruct beginners and friends and I also plan to do more instructing next year and I'm planning to take the steps necessary to get into W2W racing.
1698882816461.png