Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The wannabe ST

Combatspace

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Very nice! I'll be following your progress here as I too have a Arctic Silver SE I'm working on. Currently on Godspeed MonoSS's and some old foxbody 10holes with potential plans for turbo or Flex/Fusion 2.0t AWD drivetrain swap if I ever get around to it. For now she's the daily beater and I love her.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #42
Very nice! I'll be following your progress here as I too have a Arctic Silver SE I'm working on. Currently on Godspeed MonoSS's and some old foxbody 10holes with potential plans for turbo or Flex/Fusion 2.0t AWD drivetrain swap if I ever get around to it. For now she's the daily beater and I love her.
Gotta love when a daily driver becomes something else lol. I literally went from daily riding my R6 and racing my mustang to daily driving this and racing it the most. I was originally intending to do gridlife sundae cup with this car for next year. I'm going to decide once the schedule comes out for 2024. I don't want to commit if the events are all going to be really far. I'm located in southern california and most of the gridlife events are out east. In the case that grid life ends up too far. I'll likely be looking into getting a time trial license with NASA and compete in TT6.

Combatspace

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Gotta love when a daily driver becomes something else lol. I literally went from daily riding my R6 and racing my mustang to daily driving this and racing it the most. I was originally intending to do gridlife sundae cup with this car for next year. I'm going to decide once the schedule comes out for 2024. I don't want to commit if the events are all going to be really far. I'm located in southern california and most of the gridlife events are out east. In the case that grid life ends up too far. I'll likely be looking into getting a time trial license with NASA and compete in TT6.
I did a lot of AutoX a few years back and would love to take this awful little bean to the local events to see how she stacks up to my old ZX2. I've always wanted to go to gridlife, but work is work...i'm sure you know how that is.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #44
I noticed my rear tires started rubbing on the quarter panel recently. I know my fitment is aggressive but it wasn’t rubbing before on track or on the canyons, so I investigated under the car and notice my spring pads were looking much more crumbly and kind of burnt looking compared to my last check. IMG_0286.jpeg IMG_0287.jpeg I hopped on whoosh and order some new rear spring pads. Maybe the added grip from the RT660s accelerated the wear on them? They looked a bit worn before but no where near this bad.
IMG_0289.jpeg IMG_0290.jpeg
quick side by side comparison. The new ones are a lot firmer too. The old ones would crumble, crack and fold in my hands. Hoping this makes the rear end feel a little better. Will be driving in the mountains this weekend to get an idea. IMG_0291.jpeg These are the ones that don’t add any rear ride height. I’m thinking of ordering the spring pads from power flex that add 12mm rear ride height just to test to see if there’s a noticeable difference in handling. Maybe the slight rake will help with lift to drag ratio slightly? Or with weight distribution.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #45
I scored this buddy club bucket seat off one of my many Honda friends for just $150. It’s not FIA approved so it probably will not be a long term seat in the car. But it should definitely help for the canyons and local HPDE. 4B875A47-1B22-447B-828F-74E89C50E676.jpeg
it seems like there’s only the planted seat rails, Sparco and corbeau options as far as mounting goes. Am I missing any? Hoping to get some rails this Black Friday if possible to throw this in before buttonwillow in just one more month.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #46
Had an unexpected track day yesterday. I went out to streets of willow to support some friends hosting and some driving, I didn’t bring a helmet, lap timer, anything. I really didn’t intend to drive lol. However, Some people wanted ride alongs and the touge2track staff handed me an instructor wrist band and helmet.
After I gave 4 sessions worth of ride alongs, I went for some PB attempts. First session I beat my previous PB by a few tenths. Ended the day on session 6 with a new PB of 1.32 on streets of willow CCW No setup changes were made from the last time here. Exactly the same but with more heat cycled tires and run down brake pads lol C2C447AD-0D67-4E17-91A3-BE5C4E823547.jpeg

Attachments

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #49
That looks awesome! Just curious, have you ever considered putting an ST wing on your car?
I have, there's a couple other exterior mods I've been interested in. but I think for now I'm probably not going to buy any FIST parts or many exterior parts for this one. With Fist prices dropping a little I see myself owning one in 2 years or less so I'm probably only buying parts that I can throw on to my future FIST. But who knows, I'm a sucker for good deals and if an ST wing pops up for cheap I will jump on it. I've been actively searching for a silver ST front bumper for a reasonable price to throw on this car since my front bumper is cracked, missing the under tray, missing the lower grill and sagging a bit.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have, there's a couple other exterior mods I've been interested in. but I think for now I'm probably not going to buy any FIST parts or many exterior parts for this one. With Fist prices dropping a little I see myself owning one in 2 years or less so I'm probably only buying parts that I can throw on to my future FIST. But who knows, I'm a sucker for good deals and if an ST wing pops up for cheap I will jump on it. I've been actively searching for a silver ST front bumper for a reasonable price to throw on this car since my front bumper is cracked, missing the under tray, missing the lower grill and sagging a bit.
Talk to me. We might have a deal.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #51
not sure if there’s another section where I can put this on the forum. But just wanted to give a quick shoutout to @rallytaff he saw my comment about an st wing and he made me an offer on 2 wings that I couldn’t refuse. He drove out to meetup and also woke up at a time he does not normally wake up at. I would buy from this gentleman again. Looks like I’ll be running an ST wing on my car very soon :) IMG_1203.jpeg

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #53
My 7th and last track day of the year for this car is now completed. The car did a 2.17 in damp/ muddy conditions at buttonwillow. there was a lot of rain until 11am and mud was all over the apexes and the track never fully dried up.
IMG_1917.jpeg
Per usual. I’ll be having fun and sending it regardless of track conditions lol IMG_1889.jpeg
I don’t fan girl over many famous people. But when one of your favorite YouTubers comes out to talk and drive with you on your birthday. I did fan girl a little inside. Rob Dahm brought out his 3 rotors rx7 and it was an honor to share the track with him IMG_1668.jpeg

I noticed my rear tires started rubbing on the quarter panel recently. I know my fitment is aggressive but it wasn’t rubbing before on track or on the canyons, so I investigated under the car and notice my spring pads were looking much more crumbly and kind of burnt looking compared to my last check.
Was replacing the spring pads a simple DIY job? I'm sure mine are toast too.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My 7th and last track day of the year for this car is now completed. The car did a 2.17 in damp/ muddy conditions at buttonwillow. there was a lot of rain until 11am and mud was all over the apexes and the track never fully dried up.
View attachment 59528
Per usual. I’ll be having fun and sending it regardless of track conditions lol View attachment 59529
I don’t fan girl over many famous people. But when one of your favorite YouTubers comes out to talk and drive with you on your birthday. I did fan girl a little inside. Rob Dahm brought out his 3 rotors rx7 and it was an honor to share the track with him View attachment 59530
Are you on two wheels in the first picture?!?

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #56
Was replacing the spring pads a simple DIY job? I'm sure mine are toast too.
I did the job in 15 minutes or so. Very easy DIY job for a beginner in my opinion.
basically;
- jack up the rear
- remove the wheels
undo the bottom bolt for the shock on each side (put a jack under the beam if you are worried about the beam going down too fast)
- rear springs should be able to be removed by hand
- spring pads will also come off by hand
- re position spring pad and springs
- slowly jack up the rear beam to put everything in place
- put the bolts back for the shocks
- wheels back on and done
Someone please feel free to tell me if I forgot anything. Also, doing the rear spring pad did solve my rear rubbing. I guess my clearance is very tight at full compression