Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The wannabe ST

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #122
You painted the Motegis?

(I know that you are waiting on your KE Motorsport Pro T12s.)
No they are heavily coated in brake dust right now haha. Haven’t had a chance to wash the car. Up close the car still has layers of bugs from my trip to Laguna Seca too. It’s really bad. Everything besides the interior is a mess.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #123
So I’m told from other time trial competitors that the mobile dyno reads high.
im not sure how accurate or not that is. One of the competitors says his car was 30hp more here vs his tuners dyno.
But I ended up with 104 whp and 99tq as me peak figures. My average horsepower is 100hp which is what nasa uses to class me. This means I could technically strip my car down to 1900 pounds and it would still be class legal.
don’t think that’ll happen anytime soon. But these numbers are nice to know.
IMG_4209.jpeg IMG_4221.jpeg IMG_4222.jpeg
my biggest take away from this chart is to basically keep the car over 4-4.5k at all times. Anything under is brutally slow.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^ I may have seen your boxed wheels sitting there in Phil's warehouse when I was there last week picking up my Pro T12s and getting the AD09s installed on them.

I was considering the silver, but decided it was too bright a silver for me (I prefer a more anthracite/gun metal color), so I went with the 'rally satin black'.

Given how much everyone complains about how much dust the Motorcraft factory 'summer' S pads I will be installing in the next week or so produce, even on the street, probably a better choice for me.

We hope to see some new personal, and even class track records with your new setup above, soon! [wink] [twothumb]

dhminer

2000 Post Club
^^^ I may have seen your boxed wheels sitting there in Phil's warehouse when I was there last week picking up my Pro T12s and getting the AD09s installed on them.

I was considering the silver, but decided it was too bright a silver for me (I prefer a more anthracite/gun metal color), so I went with the 'rally satin black'.

Given how much everyone complains about how much dust the Motorcraft factory 'summer' S pads I will be installing in the next week or so produce, even on the street, probably a better choice for me.

We hope to see some new personal, and even class track records with your new setup above, soon! [wink] [twothumb]
I feel you on the brake dust. P21s wheel cleaner makes it a hassle free affair to clean them at least.

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #128
Just made an interesting find on my lunch break. I was looking into cheap wheel to wheel classes to compete in. I was looking into some details of the current gen 3 spec racer ford series in SCCA since it appears to be very popular here in CA. and it looks like they run some variation of my base model engine.
1718223324815.png
Lots of people reporting very high reliability on these engines. Lots of people on multiple competition seasons on the same engine. Makes me feel better about the reliability of mine even if they have variables. I'll be doing more research to see what kind of info I can find on this. I'll report back any interesting findings. or if anyone has any interesting/useful info I would love to hear it.
1718223694945.png
some links I briefly read:
https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?79350-SRF3-operational-costs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Sigma_engine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spec_Racer_Ford

Reading through this thread makes me really want to finally take my car to the track/get into autocross, great info! Unfortunately I do not trust my suspension or wheel/tire set-up enough to do it. Strongly considering getting a cheap NA Fiesta or NA/NB Miata to make into a track toy/daily...

Reading through this thread makes me really want to finally take my car to the track/get into autocross, great info! Unfortunately I do not trust my suspension or wheel/tire set-up enough to do it. Strongly considering getting a cheap NA Fiesta or NA/NB Miata to make into a track toy/daily...
Just do it. SCCA autocross you can run whatever. make you more comfortable in your car and find out what you may want to upgrade. i waited until my car "was ready" and now regret that.

Just do it. SCCA autocross you can run whatever. make you more comfortable in your car and find out what you may want to upgrade. i waited until my car "was ready" and now regret that.
The issue is I’m on bags with struts that are a little lower in quality as far as I’m aware, with heavy 17x8 +35 wheels wrapped in 195/40/17. I plan on switching to FA coils and a 16” wheel down the line and will definitely get into AutoX at that point though! I daily the Fiesta and I don’t trust bags enough to abuse on a track :(

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #134
Low power momentum cars will teach you a lot. Plus they are much lighter on consumables which means more money to enter more events which means more seat time. In my area (socal) I've seen manual NA fiestas for the $3k range, makes these cars a pretty affordable option to get on track while not spending crazy money.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Los Feliz (In the City of Angels) aka Los Angeles
Well this feels cool to be able to show. View attachment 62127
I should be getting the time trial license at the next event. I just need to talk with the director for time trials. I should be just a dyno session and form away from the license and competing.
does anyone know a spot here in SoCal that can give me 3-5 dyno pills for cheap? No tuning required. That’s all I need to get my average horsepower. Don’t really want to spend a lot of money to strap my 100hp car on to a dyno lol.
very cool ya Toyota just gave me a one year Nasa membership with my GR Corolla. Liking those KE motorsport wheels!

OP
WannabeST
Thread Starter #140
very cool ya Toyota just gave me a one year Nasa membership with my GR Corolla. Liking those KE motorsport wheels!
On your free track day, try to reserve a spot in advance. As a part of the Toyota and NASA partnership. You are supposed to be guaranteed to have an instructor with you. If you see an event has a waitlist on it, it is because they are trying to make sure they have sufficient instructors for the amount of registered drivers.
Most of the other instructors have been driving for multiple decades so they are all great learning resources.