Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thermal R&D Exhaust Question

Hey guys,

I recently installed the whoosh spec Thermal exhaust and noticed that the piping is actually resting on the crossmember that is mounts to, which is causing rattling. I suspect that this mounting point is supposed to hold the piping up off of the crossmember. Has anybody else noticed this? I'll try to get some pictures tonight.

Attachments

OP
yoopercharged
Thread Starter #3
you gotta loosen the clamps and rotate the pipe up. Please see my museum worthy masterpiece below
View attachment 38659
Holy crap, quickest turn around ever! And an awesome sketch to go with it! I updated my post with a photo, looks like this should solve it. Thanks a bunch, I will try tweaking it this weekend.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
you gotta loosen the clamps and rotate the pipe up. Please see my museum worthy masterpiece below
View attachment 38659
Quality shit right here. This man is definitely an engineer (I know from experience using MS paint for my customers to explain stuff like this).

OP
yoopercharged
Thread Starter #5
Quality shit right here. This man is definitely an engineer (I know from experience using MS paint for my customers to explain stuff like this).
That man definitely engineers. I previously used Paint for stuff like this and have since moved on to Snagit. Highly recommend if your company has it licensed.

Can confirm. am engineer. I got a new work computer and it does not have MS paint on it. Idk how I am going to live my life without it. Perhaps I'll try snagit

edit: Just saw your picture, you may have the center brace on backwards. On my thermal exhaust, the exhaust hanger on the center brace is on the drivers side

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Paint is still in Windows 10. If it doesn't appear on the Start menu under Windows Accessories, just click the start button and type: Paint and it will pop up.

Paint is still in Windows 10. If it doesn't appear on the Start menu under Windows Accessories, just click the start button and type: Paint and it will pop up.
it doesn’t :( the company must have gotten rid of it. they’ve been extra controlling with the new computers. I can’t even access task manager without signing in and asking for approval

OP
yoopercharged
Thread Starter #12
Can confirm. am engineer. I got a new work computer and it does not have MS paint on it. Idk how I am going to live my life without it. Perhaps I'll try snagit

edit: Just saw your picture, you may have the center brace on backwards. On my thermal exhaust, the exhaust hanger on the center brace is on the drivers side
The hanger is on the driver's side. That photo is looking towards the front of the car. Does that look wrong!?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

The hanger is on the driver's side. That photo is looking towards the front of the car. Does that look wrong!?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
the flat part of the hanger should be closest to the ground and the L- bent part should be facing up. I do remember seeing some thermal install videos having the hanger on the opposite side of what I had

Last edited:

Ford Community Posts