Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TT ***S290*** thread :)

Hey guys, just wanted to bump this thread a bit. Sold my 18 M4 comp vert tuned to get back into a Fist. My 3rd Fist, I keep coming back. Best car I've ever owned and driven.

picked up a mag gray w 30k miles on it in FL. S290 is going on next week..mod list (FBO) as follows:

s290
tuning on 93 pump and E blend/no burbles

Whoosh v3 intercooler
Whoosh catted downpipe
Whoosh ported exhaust manifold
Bosch 30% w o ring kit
Ruthenium ngk's @ .025
Mishi intake
Mishi catch can
Greddy exhaust
Front SwSW 4 point brace
HR super sports (2" drop)
Falken AZ 660's
Konig deka on 215/45/16

Full backseat delete w out false door so I'm 70 lbs.
going to sizzle the stock clutch then go whoosh stage 3 w an OE flywheel.
considering LSD for sure when clutch is done.

Purchased 360 X3 cam w wireless remote and proper mounting, so will create YouTube channel of terrorizing all the 5.0's and scats in central/west Florida in 3rd person view. Will keep u guys updated w the setup and the performance of the s290 also. Don't get rid of your fists guys...you'll always go back. Very excited to see where this one ends up.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Hey guys, just wanted to bump this thread a bit. Sold my 18 M4 comp vert tuned to get back into a Fist. My 3rd Fist, I keep coming back. Best car I've ever owned and driven.

picked up a mag gray w 30k miles on it in FL. S290 is going on next week..mod list (FBO) as follows:

s290

Whoosh v3 intercooler
Whoosh catted downpipe
Bosch 30% w o ring kit
Ruthenium ngk's @ .025
Mishi intake
Mishi catch can
Greddy exhaust
Front SwSW 4 point brace
Falken AZ 660's
Konig deka on 215/45/16

Full backseat delete w out false door so I'm 70 lbs down, bought 360 X3 cam w wireless remote and proper mounting, so will create YouTube channel of terrorizing all the 5.0's and scats in central/west Florida. Will keep u guys updated w the setup and the performance of the s290 also.
Injectors and no HPFP?

s290

Whoosh v3 intercooler
Whoosh catted downpipe
Bosch 30% w o ring kit
Ruthenium ngk's @ .025
Mishi intake
Mishi catch can
Greddy exhaust
Front SwSW 4 point brace
Falken AZ 660's
Konig deka on 215/45/16

Purchased 360 X3 cam w wireless remote and proper mounting, so will create YouTube channel of terrorizing all the 5.0's and scats in central/west Florida in 3rd person view. Will keep u guys updated w the setup and the performance of the s290 also. Don't get rid of your fists guys...you'll always go back. Very excited to see where this one ends up.
Curious as to why not to go with the airtec manifold? It's been shown to to fatten the midrange a good deal.

Also I wonder how this turbo would sound on the 2J intake, who's tuning it 🤔

Simply because it is what's available. Built shortblocks are very close, but headstuds are a problem currently. We won't be cramming boost pressure down it's throat to the extent that we were. If I had to guess we will cap this in the mid to upper 20s psi wise as that will probably be close to the 375whp mark.
Where did you source the block?

Magnetic

s290

Whoosh v3 intercooler
Whoosh catted downpipe
Bosch 30% w o ring kit
Ruthenium ngk's @ .025
Mishi intake
Mishi catch can
Greddy exhaust
Front SwSW 4 point brace
Falken AZ 660's
Konig deka on 215/45/16

Def get the LSD, I think it's mando with the FiST. It's in my top 3 upgrades so far!

Hey guys big update. Drove car to Georgia for install and tuning. On revision 5, turbo leaking oil out exhaust side, had it pulled off and oem installed and 6 hours back to FL on oem turbo.

unsure of what went wrong, will update when I hear back from distributor when they hear back from turbo technics. Looks like S280 is the way to go for now. What a nightmare. Again, not sure what occurred as far as failure is concerned.

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Hey guys big update. Drove car to Georgia for install and tuning. On revision 5, turbo leaking oil out exhaust side, had it pulled off and oem installed and 6 hours back to FL on oem turbo.

unsure of what went wrong, will update when I hear back from distributor when they hear back from turbo technics. Looks like S280 is the way to go for now.
Ouch! Looking forward to hearing more

Wanted to give an update, about a month later, S280 is in the mail on the way to me for install. Those few pulls (per installer) that were done before S290 seals failed, boost hit at high 4k's so it's got a hefty lag factor but tbh I love lag, like the stock evo lag 4B11T. *** have not heard back from distributor on the reason for the failure of the turbo. Waiting on turbo technics response apparently.

s280 is going on the car this weekend if the turbo comes in Friday (fingers crossed)

anybody have a better experience w the S290 I hope, I'd love to hear any experience better than mine.

Last edited: