Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tune+: Tuning Review and Information Thread

Rhinopolis

From my Build Thread:

I never had plans to get a custom tune. The car stock was a lot of fun. I figured because COBB stage 1 was not much difference from stock except for removing the annoying torque truncation, a custom tune would be just as unnoticeable. Boy was I wrong! I bought a tune in order to cure surging issues. If the tune did only that I would have been happy. Little did I know the potential this car has tuned. It is a freakin rocket ship now. It took 5 or 6 logs to get things dialed in. The car pulls HARD from the moment boost comes on until redline. There is no more need to downshift in 6th to pass, just jump on the throttle and you’ll get pushed back into your seat as the world passes by. Adam’s 91 tune is incredible. Adam was great to work with. He answered my questions and was good about getting me revised tunes every morning after I sent a log. I called him and we chatted about the BPV issues I was having. He knows his stuff and his EcoBoost engines. I can finally say that thanks to him and Tune+, the car has exceeded my expectations. Highly recommended.
I love my custom tune as well and I am happy that you are having fun! Kind suggestion, and perhaps you might not be aware that full boost in 6th gear isn't a good idea and can lead to engine damage.

No harm unless it happens, and downshifting to pass is just a good habit to practice.

I love my custom tune as well and I am happy that you are having fun! Kind suggestion, and perhaps you might not be aware that full boost in 6th gear isn't a good idea and can lead to engine damage.

No harm unless it happens, and downshifting to pass is just a good habit to practice.
Good tip! Definitely something to keep in mind.

2nd Review!

Adam has had very little problem unleashing the pumaspeed x-37 hybrid turbo. Since my car was his first it was a fun run for the both of us. He made sure to start off slow, and I mean SLOW like 150whp 8psi slow haha. But after a few revisions it was an ear to ear grin experience. After finishing up the pump gas we moved onto methanol. This is where we started to run into some minor issues but after a few weeks Adam manage to pull some of that tuning magic and now she's finally running happy.

Of course have to reiterate Adams superior customer service. There has been days where I've gotten 3 revisions in one day!
Here is a link to my dyno video, the time of the dyno I was still have minor issues with the tune but couldn't resist 2 free dyno pulls. Should be cranking out a few more ponies by now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfPDpJbrDsU

twolf

Very impressive. I'd love to see what that turbo could do on 93 octane with no meth.

Very impressive. I'd love to see what that turbo could do on 93 octane with no meth.
If I had thought of it then I would have done 1 pull on my pump 93 tune. I was just excited I got to get 2 pulls for free.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk

jayrod1980

Not to hijack the thread but does the X-37 come bolted up to a cast manifold when they mail it or does it just come with the bare turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #250
Not to hijack the thread but does the X-37 come bolted up to a cast manifold when they mail it or does it just come with the bare turbo?

It is just the turbo, it bolts onto your factory manifold.

jayrod1980

Adam, if one were to get this setup, do you recommend getting the big turbo elbow for a larger diameter exhaust?

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #252
Adam, if one were to get this setup, do you recommend getting the big turbo elbow for a larger diameter exhaust?

The big elbow is for the inlet, not the exhaust side. Your stock or aftermarket downpipe would bolt directly to the turbo, just like factory.

Azov

Just a quick update, i have been using Adam's tune since August of last year. The tune has been solid. I havent seen any issues. His ethanol tune proved itself giving me one of the fastest 1/4 mile stock turbo and street tire times. It still has more to give i feel but my mod kist is holding it back.

OP
Tune+
Thread Starter #258
Just a quick update, i have been using Adam's tune since August of last year. The tune has been solid. I havent seen any issues. His ethanol tune proved itself giving me one of the fastest 1/4 mile stock turbo and street tire times. It still has more to give i feel but my mod kist is holding it back.
Thank you for the update!

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My AP arrives Thursday! Gonna log stock for a bit. Then run the OTS stage 3 (have the mods) for logging, THENNN have Adam tune... And log again. Just cuz I hate spending the dollars if it don't make sense ;)