Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

AzNightmare

lol, all good. I just decided to drive my car down to empty and fill up full with 93.
I heard people were still able to squeeze out some more mileage even at 0 to E, but this is the closest I've ever gotten. FWIW, my AP was reading 1.7% Fuel Level Input.

My car is happy again.

AzNightmare

My car is not happy again... lol.

I was on a spirited drive and mid way through, I started to hear loud whoooooosh sound every time I stepped on the throttle, but no boost was being generated. I confirmed with my AP, the boost pressure reading (top left in horizontal orientation) is stuck in the negatives regardless of how high the rpms are.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNoAyMWgvf0

I have a stock intake box so this is really loud and not normal at all.
I'm assuming this is a boost leak problem. I didn't install my S280 myself, it was done at a shop. So now I'm not exactly sure where to check all the connections.
Where are the most obvious ones to look at first that's easy? And can I see all of them without taking apart the car?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
My car is not happy again... lol.

I was on a spirited drive and mid way through, I started to hear loud whoooooosh sound every time I stepped on the throttle, but no boost was being generated. I confirmed with my AP, the boost pressure reading (top left in horizontal orientation) is stuck in the negatives regardless of how high the rpms are.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNoAyMWgvf0

I have a stock intake box so this is really loud and not normal at all.
I'm assuming this is a boost leak problem. I didn't install my S280 myself, it was done at a shop. So now I'm not exactly sure where to check all the connections.
Where are the most obvious ones to look at first that's easy? And can I see all of them without taking apart the car?
Not to worry, totally normal to have a boost leak as you’re cranking it up. You can see most of the leak points but you have to get under the car. Hot side pipe is the most likely culprit but really no way to tell until you get into it. If you’re making literally 0 boost I’d imagine it’ll be easy to find because a hose is likely totally loose.

Any S280 users here got single port aux fuel? I've checked majority of the US tuners and none seem to have numbers for this. Curious what our real world gains are.

You could just order the Turbosmart BOV Kompact plumbback and get rid of this. There's two models. One that's adjustable and not. Saves that exact piece.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
anyone know the size of the s280 intake elbow bov adapter? my adapter crack for some reason and i am trying to plug the hole while i get a bov for it View attachment 51813 View attachment 51814
1" blanking plugs / clamps to delete the BOV mount when using a cold side pipe / symposer mounted BOV
or the Turbosmart BOV that fits in place of the S280 BOV mount
note* if you use either of these you'll need to route your boost solenoid slightly different

we have BOV mount delete kit we ship upon request
or the BOV replacement in stock as well , message me for details or questions
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...bov-kompact-plumb-back-for-s280-free-shipping

haste

1000 Post Club
Anyone have the Swave/Summit front lower 4 point brace and have issues with rubbing on the hot side pipe and the brace?

I'm think of just cutting the mounting bracket off or changing the diameter/position of the holes in the mounting bracket, but was wondering if anyone else has another solution?