Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I've read that 30% injectors allow you to reach the over 300whp mark. I'm not sure on 93. I want to say the ceiling on 93 is 300whp no matter how much fuel due to knock threshold. Not 100% sure tho. You would probably need some meth injection in that case.
I’d suggest looking at some logs from folks running +30% injectors without HPFP and see if you like what you see in fuel rail pressure and AFR.

rexnebula

You will get it to around to just under 300 whp on 93 . Much like with E30 and 91. To tune with E30 you need to 30% injectors which will net you 30-40 whp dyno proven. The car gets pretty spirited at that point. If you want go further you would a HpFp as well.
Do you think 30% injectors are needed to get the most out of this on 93 only?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Do you think 30% injectors are needed to get the most out of this on 93 only?
I have never run 93 though from reading about others you will pick up another 10hp or so with 93 vs 91 as far as tuning goes I do not know what the ceiling is with 93. I do now that I could only run a E30 base tune without the injector per my tuners comments to that with 91.You are hitting a flow peak right around the extra bump E30 gives with 91 without injectors.Which is why my tuner could only provide me with a somewhat E30 base tune.

If I wanted to tune with this Turbo with E30 I would have to go larger injectors . Seeing as you already get the extra bump I got with E30 by running 93 I am going to think you could not even run 30% injectors without a E30 tune. If I was running 93 I would probably not have even thought about E30 and possibly injectors.

You can’t just slap larger injectors on and not tune for the fact that they flow more if you tune for the fact that they flow more you need more potent fuel to accommodate that. So Ya tune for 93 do not think about adding injectors and tuning unless with much higher octane, race gas or E30. I.E. HP goals of 330 and above.

Last edited:

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I have never run 93 though from reading about others you will pick up another 10hp or so with 93 vs 91 as far as tuning itself goes I do not know what the ceiling is with 93. I do now that I could only run a E30 base tune without the injector per my tuners comments to that with 91.You are hitting a flow peak right around the extra bump E30 gives with 91 without injectors.Which is why my tuner could only provide me with a somewhat E30 base tune.

If I wanted to tune with this Turbo with E30 I would have to go larger injectors . Seeing as you already get the extra bump I got with E30 by running 93 I am going to think you could not even run 30% injectors without a E30 tune. If I was running 93 I would probably not have even thought about E30 and possibly injectors.

You can’t just slap larger injectors on and not tune for the fact that they flow more if you tune for the fact that they flow more you need more potent fuel to accommodate that. So Ya tune for 93 do not think about adding injectors and tuning unless with much higher octane, race gas or E30. I.E. HP goals of 330 and above.
This is why I like the idea of the S280 over the whoosh hybrid (for stock injectors). Similar power on 93 without mixing, or loss of mpg's.

For those draggy or hit the drag strip, what are you trapping? Trying to get some idea what people are averaging running this turbo. Also specify fuel, boost pressure, please. Thanks.

Nobody has any data for this turbo? I've seen MO15fiesta's results, but he's an anomaly going further than most dare. Surprising. No one does draggy on their fiesta?

Nobody has any data for this turbo? I've seen MO15fiesta's results, but he's an anomaly going further than most dare. Surprising. No one does draggy on their fiesta?
Once I was done datalogging and loaded the final revision I took the car for a ride and said to myself, "Dang, this thing is kinda fast now!" and then I chucked the AP in the console and that was it. Guessing quite a few people did the same.

I was honestly about to get some draggy numbers, but then I hit a semi tire that got chucked and it ripped off my oil pan and cracked the block. I just got a junkyard longblock picked up. It'll probably be a month before that gets swapped in. I also have a spare trans that I'm installing a LSD in, so It will be quite the change. If I had to guess I was probably in the 110-113 mph 1/4 trap speed area. VD had me around 285hp, and I was running out of fuel on the top with an e30 blend.
Was going to get draggy numbers just to have that as a good reference. I have a tune revision sitting in my AP waiting to be blown in. I'm assuming it is probably atleast a couple more psi. Ended up with the jag injectors, and the nostrum hpfp.

Attachments

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I can see that. No one goes to the track or does Dragy runs, though?
Most don’t because we don’t build our cars for drag racing. We build them for track, autoX, canyons and rally type stuff. Once we find HP numbers and the car is pretty damn fast and feels that we are happy. We are not chasing 1/4 mile times.
Ya we have fun messing with more powerful cars and whatnot but that’s not the point of this car. The point is the car drives like a bat out of hell.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was honestly about to get some draggy numbers, but then I hit a semi tire that got chucked and it ripped off my oil pan and cracked the block. I just got a junkyard longblock picked up. It'll probably be a month before that gets swapped in. I also have a spare trans that I'm installing a LSD in, so It will be quite the change. If I had to guess I was probably in the 110-113 mph 1/4 trap speed area. VD had me around 285hp, and I was running out of fuel on the top with an e30 blend.
Was going to get draggy numbers just to have that as a good reference. I have a tune revision sitting in my AP waiting to be blown in. I'm assuming it is probably atleast a couple more psi. Ended up with the jag injectors, and the nostrum hpfp.
Dang, that sucks! I’m going to be extra careful about road debris now!

Most don’t because we don’t build our cars for drag racing. We build them for track, autoX, canyons and rally type stuff. Once we find HP numbers and the car is pretty damn fast and feels that we are happy. We are not chasing 1/4 mile times.
Ya we have fun messing with more powerful cars and whatnot but that’s not the point of this car. The point is the car drives like a bat out of hell.
I don't care about E.T. I was only curious as to what your typical S280 car can actually trap. Thats the truest measure of horsepower. I know lot's of road race guys who will go to the drag strip just to know their cars trap speed. Best way to measure if a mod has improved power. To me it's better than any dyno number because it's real world results.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I don't care about E.T. I was only curious as to what your typical S280 car can actually trap. Thats the truest measure of horsepower. I know lot's of road race guys who will go to the drag strip just to know their cars trap speed. Best way to measure if a mod has improved power. To me it's better than any dyno number because it's real world results.
I get but most guys that use draggy go drag racing excuse me for assuming you were one of them.

I get but most guys that use draggy go drag racing excuse me for assuming you were one of them.
Oh I do drag race, just not this platform. Though I will hit the strip at some point to see how it traps once I'm modded to where I want to be. Def not chasing ET numbers with this car. Also plan on going to Road Atlanta at some point as well. It may be a fast wide track for this car, but it should be a blast.

MO15 is def a legend on this platform and the S280. Pushing 37psi on a stock unmolested block? I'm surprised it held as long as it did, but he garnered some great data to help push the platform forward. I was hoping to see him trap 130.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
MO15 is def a legend on this platform and the S280. Pushing 37psi on a stock unmolested block? I'm surprised it held as long as it did, but he garnered some great data to help push the platform forward. I was hoping to see him trap 130.
I believe the 37 psi was on the 2860 gen 2 He has not had the S280 that long.