Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You might have to remove an ear....With any Turbo install you shouldn't have to remove anything....should be plug and play.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You might have to remove an ear....With any Turbo install you shouldn't have to remove anything....should be plug and play.

Remove an ear? I just emailed Ron because the description says small part of the block has to be modified and he said you just have to dremel/sand down a threaded thing on the back of the block a few mm.

Remove an ear? I just emailed Ron because the description says small part of the block has to be modified and he said you just have to dremel/sand down a threaded thing on the back of the block a few mm.
You might have to shave a small part of the engine boss where the compressor sits, but turbo technics shaved the housings on these. I’ve installed one on somebody else’s car already, that hadn't been previously shaved like mine had, and we didn’t shave it.

I didn't have to make modifications to my engine block....did you?

Did you fit the poorly made hotside pipe without trimming it? Port the too narrow turbo manifold adapter? Make sure to tighten down and lock the known to loosen hotside housing bolts? Considering all the things that have to be done to make an ATP really fit right, the S280 is as much plug and play as it is.

Still DID NOT have to trim the engine block...NONE.

“Trimming” to the block makes it sound hard. It takes about 5 min to sand down a little part of the block that has no Effect on the block itself and some have reported not even having to do that. I’d say that’s a win for the S280 and a lose for the atp kits that are far more documented to be a pain in the ass to install.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Still DID NOT have to trim the engine block...NONE.
I'm kinda surprised that this is such a big deal. I've gone after plenty of blocks and intake manifolds with a sanding drum in a die grinder. There are often many bosses and tabs all over a general purpose block that can be harmlessly removed.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I'm kinda surprised that this is such a big deal. I've gone after plenty of blocks and intake manifolds with a sanding drum in a die grinder. There are often many bosses and tabs all over a general purpose block that can be harmlessly removed.
It's the ability / availability to do so is what scares some - they just don't have the tools or understanding of what they're doing to go 'custom' like that. They want plug and play / bolt on with no real fit issues.

doesn't even have to be a log actually, a Vdyno or datazap image of RPM and PSI would work the same
Both of my laptops are currently in Israel with my wife, but Ron should be able to provide one, he has one on the shop car with the upgraded wastegate.

Once again, you do you man. Just trying to educate.

Turbo blankets work.
I do me 24/7. I wasn’t saying turbo blankets don’t work. I was saying keeping the heat in all along the path from manifold to the tips helps as well. I may put a blanket on my Cerakoted turbo

this kits basically fits like stock
you can theoretically run the stock downpipe and stock everything including stock crossover pipe

unlike the ATP kits which have adapter plates and ill fitting hot side pipes etc, this kit actually fits quite well
there are a few small things you'll need to do to install but they are far less of a headache than installing the ATP kits

We have the green light from Turbo Technics to start selling them now in the USA so look for a full release announcement soon
We've had a kit on our Orange Spice Fiesta for a while now
Care to share some datalogs Ron? Put any caveats as you deem necessary, the community is trying to characterize this turbo and characterize it fairly.