Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

After seeing another post about their intake manifold exploding... it makes me even more hesitant to do SPA, and now makes me have doubts about meth injection.
As long as you don't sit there with ignition cut bouncing off the rev limiter I think you should fine. I wanted to go 4 port, but with the S280 the injectors duty cycle would be low and my tuner recommended a single port

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
As long as you don't sit there with ignition cut bouncing off the rev limiter I think you should fine. I wanted to go 4 port, but with the S280 the injectors duty cycle would be low and my tuner recommended a single port
Funny mine recommended a 4 port lol. I don't know, I'm seriously skeptical of splitting fuel lines and the wiring and all that.

wetwea33

Funny mine recommended a 4 port lol. I don't know, I'm seriously skeptical of splitting fuel lines and the wiring and all that.
There is no splitting fuel lines and calling it wiring is a stretch. A child could figure out the positaps and you could get around it with the harnesses Ron sells.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
There is no splitting fuel lines and calling it wiring is a stretch. A child could figure out the positaps and you could get around it with the harnesses Ron sells.

don't you need to T it off in the engine bay? Perhaps i'm being overly concerned about fuel leaking.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
don't you need to T it off in the engine bay? Perhaps i'm being overly concerned about fuel leaking.
You do, but it’s plug and play with the components included in the kit. Haven’t heard of any of the fittings leaking. The stratified kit uses AN fittings and high quality braided lines just like the stuff race cars use. You are definitely being overly concerned on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You do, but it’s plug and play with the components included in the kit. Haven’t heard of any of the fittings leaking. The stratified kit uses AN fittings and high quality braided lines just like the stuff race cars use. You are definitely being overly concerned on this.

Probably trying to find reasons to not buy aux lol.

I’ll be waiting to see what people can get with the larger injectors. I’d also want to see a LPFP setup for straight e85. I’ve run straight e85 on my other car and loved it so much. I don’t think I’d want to mix on a daily driver.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I’ll be waiting to see what people can get with the larger injectors. I’d also want to see a LPFP setup for straight e85. I’ve run straight e85 on my other car and loved it so much. I don’t think I’d want to mix on a daily driver.

You'd need 4port aux and the LPFP.

wetwea33

If you want to run full e85 a 4 port setup would be the better choice. The injectors are only 30% larger and on full e85 your fuel demand would go up a ton and probably max those out as well. You would also need a hpfp which would make it alot more expensive.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you want to run full e85 a 4 port setup would be the better choice. The injectors are only 30% larger and on full e85 your fuel demand would go up a ton and probably max those out as well. You would also need a hpfp which would make it alot more expensive.

Did you mean to write LPFP? There are folks running full E85 with a stock HPFP, upgraded LPFP, and 4-port aux with both the 50 and 95 lb/hr injectors.

I am planning to eventually do full e85 with a lpfp upgrade and the 95 lb/hr injectors on 4-port.

wetwea33

Did you mean to write LPFP? There are folks running full E85 with a stock HPFP, upgraded LPFP, and 4-port aux with both the 50 and 95 lb/hr injectors.

I am planning to eventually do full e85 with a lpfp upgrade and the 95 lb/hr injectors on 4-port.
IM saying a HPFP with the injectors to take full advantage of them. people have run full e85 with 4 port with the base injectors and stock lpfp. the lpfp is honestly just for peace of mind because the stock one is not 100% designed to run full e85.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
IM saying a HPFP with the injectors to take full advantage of them. people have run full e85 with 4 port with the base injectors and stock lpfp. the lpfp is honestly just for peace of mind because the stock one is not 100% designed to run full e85.
If people are making 400whp with an upgraded LPFP, why would we, as S280 owners, need to upgrade the HPFP? I still don't follow.

Se7eN

It's not worth it run meth. The Power difference wasn't that noticeable between my non aux and aux tune from the butt dyno perspective.

I mean if you don't have aux and add meth. it makes a world of difference depending on turbo and tuner.

wetwea33

I mean if you don't have aux and add meth. it makes a world of difference depending on turbo and tuner.
I was saying aux fuel on 93 ain't worth the cost. If you don't have ethanol, then run meth.