Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

jayrod1980

Hey guys... I’m seriously looking into getting this kit. Would aux fuel be of any use in getting to 300 whp WITHOUT E30/40/50? That’s right around the number I’m looking for, which seems unlikely on 91 octane alone and the stock fueling system.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Hey guys... I’m seriously looking into getting this kit. Would aux fuel be of any use in getting to 300 whp WITHOUT E30/40/50? That’s right around the number I’m looking for, which seems unlikely on 91 octane alone and the stock fueling system.
Stock fuel system can reach 300 on 93 octane. You will struggle to get there with 91. E30+ without Aux fuel is also pointless since the turbo maxes out the stock fuel system

wetwea33

Stock fuel system can reach 300 on 93 octane. You will struggle to get there with 91. E30+ without Aux fuel is also pointless since the turbo maxes out the stock fuel system
300 on the stock fuel system is a fairy number. It really depends on the health of the motor and fuel systems. On 91 you won't hit it. If you don't have ethanol available look u to meth injection.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
300 on the stock fuel system is a fairy number. It really depends on the health of the motor and fuel systems. On 91 you won't hit it. If you don't have ethanol available look u to meth injection.

I got a quote directly from Jason at Dizzy saying 300 is possible on the stock fuel system with 93 given proper support mods. Aux fuel obviously can't hurt tho

wetwea33

I got a quote directly from Jason at Dizzy saying 300 is possible on the stock fuel system with 93 given proper support mods. Aux fuel obviously can't hurt tho
It's possible but saying that you for sure will hit that is stretching it. That's like best case scinario. I don't get why people are so obsessed with that number.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It's possible but saying that you for sure will hit that is stretching it. That's like best case scinario. I don't get why people are so obsessed with that number.

It tends be a nice round number? lol I think it makes a great target number for a 2750lb car on the street. Honestly give or take ten HP is not going to be much difference feel wise in my opinion. If one could get to 280whp say the car would feel pretty damn good. Break 300 whp though and then you have a 4 wheel sport bike acceleration wise. lol
That is most likely why people are obsessed with it. Look at it from ratio perspective. Average sport bike weights what 500 lbs and it has 100-140hp. Now lets take that equation and adapt it our cars that means in order to get break neck acceleration one needs around 200 hp per 1000lbs. Now since sports bikes are insanely quick lets dial it back a bit. Say Porsche 911 Carrera it has around 334hp-400 depending on the particular model and weighs in at 3354 pounds..
So in essence if one can manage 100hp per 1000lbs they have a pretty damn fast little car. So 300 is a nice easy number that rounds up from 2750lbs equivalent of 275hp. Nobody wants to say I have 275hp lol because 300hp looks so much better . Ya its part psychology but its really whats behind people picking that number and trying to get it. Again like 350hp nobody is gonna I want to get 335 hp they are gonna say I want to get 350 or 400 . Not 365 or 375. Granted when someone drops the dyno chart with the number people are still impressed at 365 or 375 but damn 400 looks so much better. lol

jayrod1980

I could probably go with upgraded HPFP and injectors but my question is more about fuel quality... if it only helps with E30+ then not worth all the extra money. Just want to see what possible without finicky fueling choices since I’m out west and don’t have easy access to 93 or ethanol without driving out of my way when I need to gas up. Appreciate the advice. Still seems like a worthy upgrade, the Turbo that is.

Se7eN

It tends be a nice round number? lol I think it makes a great target number for a 2750lb car on the street. Honestly give or take ten HP is not going to be much difference feel wise in my opinion. If one could get to 280whp say the car would feel pretty damn good. Break 300 whp though and then you have a 4 wheel sport bike acceleration wise. lol
That is most likely why people are obsessed with it. Look at it from ratio perspective. Average sport bike weights what 500 lbs and it has 100-140hp. Now lets take that equation and adapt it our cars that means in order to get break neck acceleration one needs around 200 hp per 1000lbs. Now since sports bikes are insanely quick lets dial it back a bit. Say Porsche 911 Carrera it has around 334hp-400 depending on the particular model and weighs in at 3354 pounds..
So in essence if one can manage 100hp per 1000lbs they have a pretty damn fast little car. So 300 is a nice easy number that rounds up from 2750lbs equivalent of 275hp. Nobody wants to say I have 275hp lol because 300hp looks so much better . Ya its part psychology but its really whats behind people picking that number and trying to get it. Again like 350hp nobody is gonna I want to get 335 hp they are gonna say I want to get 350 or 400 . Not 365 or 375. Granted when someone drops the dyno chart with the number people are still impressed at 365 or 375 but damn 400 looks so much better. lol
I agree with all that you just said so much. These cars with 260-280 are still really fast, 280-300 stupid fast and 350+whp is honestly kinda scary cause it's so small.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I'd be totally happy with 240-260whp with as few mods as possible.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

wetwea33

I agree with all that you just said so much. These cars with 260-280 are still really fast, 280-300 stupid fast and 350+whp is honestly kinda scary cause it's so small.
It's really not scary tbh. It's all relative to what you have driven tho.

Se7eN

It's really not scary tbh. It's all relative to what you have driven tho.

I've had muscle cars all my life. Big boats with lots of power just a little more stable. Also it pays to mention roads here suck so it's bumpy car tends to move around even with the traction bar.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've had muscle cars all my life. Big boats with lots of power just a little more stable. Also it pays to mention roads here suck so it's bumpy car tends to move around even with the traction bar.
Where and how the power comes in is also a factor, and of course whether or not you have a limited slip diff, and gumball tires.

But I personally would not want stupid power levels in a FWD car, regardless of any of the above, as I have never liked the whole '6 second 'duh' setup, or concept.

It does get to a point (for me) where if I want/need that much power, it is getting sent through the rear wheels, or all of the wheels. [wink]

BTW; my no options at all, semi-gutted 4th gen Z28 was 'big' as compared to this car, but it did only weigh ~3150 lbs. [:)]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd be totally happy with 240-260whp with as few mods as possible.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I'd be totally satisfied with 275-280 WHP with as few mods as possible, no E30 (way too far for every fill up, and I cannot store E85, or ANY fuel where I live, at all), and without any aux fueling, bigger D.I. injectors/pump, or meth injection. [wink]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'd be totally satisfied with 275-280 WHP with as few mods as possible, no E30 (way too far for every fill up, and I cannot store E85, or ANY fuel where I live, at all), and without any aux fueling, bigger D.I. injectors/pump, or meth injection. [wink]
I am headed that direction lol.

I've read through the 72 pages of this thread at least twice now, I understand I should expect 270 to 285ish or something like that on the stock fueling system when I put my newly purchased S280 on my car. I'm curious though where the bottleneck lies with fueling in these cars, would upgrading the HPFP give me more room on its own, would just the uprated injectors do the same, do I need both to get more out of this turbo? From everything I'm reading it sounds like the best solutions involve aux fuel however I'm not sure that is the route I want to take.

wetwea33

I've read through the 72 pages of this thread at least twice now, I understand I should expect 270 to 285ish or something like that on the stock fueling system when I put my newly purchased S280 on my car. I'm curious though where the bottleneck lies with fueling in these cars, would upgrading the HPFP give me more room on its own, would just the uprated injectors do the same, do I need both to get more out of this turbo? From everything I'm reading it sounds like the best solutions involve aux fuel however I'm not sure that is the route I want to take.
The hpfp is the limiting factor of the stock fuel system. With the upgraded one you could make ~350whp with the stock injectors. With the injectors North of 400whp.

The hpfp is the limiting factor of the stock fuel system. With the upgraded one you could make ~350whp with the stock injectors. With the injectors North of 400whp.

Hate to be the one but not true that only applies to the Fost and the RS you can upgrade JUST the injectors and see some gains on the fiesta but the HPFP by itself is not enough ... just finished installing and dyno tuning my HPFP needless to say a week later and injectors went in and also DYNO tuned deff need both or aux