Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

My HP is still climbing at fuel cut off at 7000 RPM on 3rd gear, wondering if I could adjust the rev, I tried the Cobb ecu adjustment to 7300 but it doesn't seem to work. Is this something that can only be done by the tuner?
Pending order for nostrum or xdi and upgrade map sensor, shooting for 360 whp :) on e50. Still waiting for others to get their final revisions on the nostrum before I buy the nostrum, if not I'll just get the xdi.

I went with what my Tuner ( Adam) recommended. Basically stated like esp_martin pointed out that the stock actuator does not hold higher boost consistently. I am running 91 and E30 tunes and pushing 27lbs of boost highest has been 29lbs.
Are you on the stock fuel system? How much boost are you making on 91?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Are you on the stock fuel system? How much boost are you making on 91?
I am on the stock fuel system. I have a set of Jag injectors for it but I have not put them in. I make 27lbs on 91 and have hit 29lb during tuning but my tuner pulled it back to 27lbs so as to not lean it out to much.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
my internal monologue when i saw it go past 7000RPM

"shift...shift. SHIFT...what is this madness?!"
Even totally, fully built (with the best block setup, and strongest internals, valvetrain, etc., currently available), and balanced to perfection, I wonder how high a redline these under-square engines can handle before grenading? [dunno]

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Please don’t kill me if this has been answered a million times.. My search skills showed nothing but theories. How much max power is this turbo capable of with HPFP and injector upgrades? Has anyone pushed it 100%? Not worried about the block.

Please don’t kill me if this has been answered a million times.. My search skills showed nothing but theories. How much max power is this turbo capable of with HPFP and injector upgrades? Has anyone pushed it 100%? Not worried about the block.
Adam (tune+) made exactly 400whp in his "trash fiesta". Currently running mine at 370ish whp.

I was wondering: If I go with the S280 with stock fueling, tuned for 91OCT, can I stick with the stock cat? And if so, what would be the ramifications on things like spool speed, max torque/hp?

I know that some guys have gone forward with the S280 with stock cat, so it's feasible, but there's no feedback on what's being left on the table if you don't upgrade to the high flow cat. Trying to get myself in or out of a case of mightaswell-itis.

Existing mods: High flow filter, whoosh induction + crossover, whoosh V3 intercooler, flowmaster 2.5" catback.

Either way I still need to install B6s all around and get new summers and winters, so still in the planning stages for this upgrade.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I was wondering: If I go with the S280 with stock fueling, tuned for 91OCT, can I stick with the stock cat? And if so, what would be the ramifications on things like spool speed, max torque/hp?

I know that some guys have gone forward with the S280 with stock cat, so it's feasible, but there's no feedback on what's being left on the table if you don't upgrade to the high flow cat. Trying to get myself in or out of a case of mightaswell-itis.

Existing mods: High flow filter, whoosh induction + crossover, whoosh V3 intercooler, flowmaster 2.5" catback.

Either way I still need to install B8s all around and get new summers and winters, so still in the planning stages for this upgrade.
I do not think it will make much if any difference. The stock downpipe was shown to flow over 375hp many years ago by OG members that are not around anymore. You might leave a few hp on the table but it’s not going to be anything significant.

Either way I still need to install B8s all around and get new summers and winters, so still in the planning stages for this upgrade.
it won't make any difference unless you upgrade your exhaust manifold; i've read (and the sciences backs it up) the exhaust manifold is the bigger choke point past the turbo. but i don't have the real world numbers to back that claim up.

if you upgrade the manifold you will see some gain in upgrading to a high flow cat. if you don't upgrade the manifold, anything past it you're just doing for noise.

I have a problem with my coil packs hold down bolts after the s280 installed. They kept coming loose, anything to help with that? Should I use thread locker? My engine mounts are already upgraded.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I have a problem with my coil packs hold down bolts after the s280 installed. They kept coming loose, anything to help with that? Should I use thread locker? My engine mounts are already upgraded.
That sounds like a terrible idea. I can't imagine how they're coming loose unless you've already stripped them.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I broke one of the thread inserts for a coil pack. Only solution is a new valve cover but I'm not going to worry about it.

it won't make any difference unless you upgrade your exhaust manifold; i've read (and the sciences backs it up) the exhaust manifold is the bigger choke point past the turbo. but i don't have the real world numbers to back that claim up.

if you upgrade the manifold you will see some gain in upgrading to a high flow cat. if you don't upgrade the manifold, anything past it you're just doing for noise.
Thanks, that was in my plans as well - I'll probably pull turbo with the manifold. Still wondering if I should grab a used stock one and port it (either at home or through a local shop), or grab one of the aftermarket ones.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I broke one of the thread inserts for a coil pack. Only solution is a new valve cover but I'm not going to worry about it.
Its a ignition coil mounting bracket over the valve cover. I don't think they're too expensive, its part number BM5Z-12257-B, should be around $60